Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / What's Up on Wednesday?
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2006-09-20 5:51 AM
What are you up to today?  How's your running?

Tom--not so original today.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2006-09-20 5:57 AM
Wednesday is always full.   In the afternoon, we have rehearsal with the Saturday night worship team, followed by dinner at church, then we lead a mini-worship followed by study.

On Sunday I had that horrible run, and wanted to crawl under a bush.  Last night, on a very humid, warm evening I went running again.  I was bouyed up by your thoughts and prayers and I blew right past that bush last night!  It was a most excellent run, slightly over 5 miles.  Above all it felt really, really good running.  Scott is slowly healing, and even went for a job interview.   Thank you my friends.

Tom in DE
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2006-09-20 7:14 AM
Sounds like a great run Tom. Glad Scott is doing better. Have fun at the church activites today.
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-09-20 4:56 PM
fabulous!  :hug:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2006-09-20 5:58 AM
Good morning Tom. It's the middle of the week so you don't have to be too orginal.

Got 8.2 miles running in afterwork yesterday during soccer practice for one of the kids then watched another kids game. They won 9-0.
I swam 2,000 yards this morning. Heading to one of the kids soccer games after work. Will try and ride the bike for an hour later tonight.

Have a great day masters
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2006-09-20 6:11 AM
Hey Tom and Master friends.  I skipped my run this morning in lieu of a trail run this afternoon.  Hope to get in 10 miles today in nice weather.

My kids had a cross-country race yesterday at a nearby school.  This is grades 4-6 and my top boy, a 4th grader, was 3rd overall with a time of 7:03.  The winner from another school was only 2 ticks ahead, also a 4th grader.  That means there are 9 year olds that run a mile faster than my daily average pace.:shocker!:  But, it's all good.

Have a fantastic day.
Parent - By BobSanone [us] Date 2006-09-20 6:18 AM
6 mile easy run followed by Upper Body weights:grin:

BobS
Parent - - By Yankeebelle Date 2006-09-20 6:28 AM
What's up?  My weight!!!  :shocker!:  I'm sure it's all the weightlifting I'm doing. (I weigh myself 3 or 4 times a year).  I've been very dedicated to my gym workouts since April and seeing a lot of improvement in strength and muscle definition. 

A quick 3 miles this morning- it was the blackest dark and much cooler.  I wore a long-sleeved shirt.
Parent - By JeffRuns [us] Date 2006-09-20 6:54 AM
Show us your muscles, Dottie!!!
:cool: :evil: :hug:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2006-09-20 7:15 AM
Yeah we need pictures of all those muscles:hug:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2006-09-20 9:04 AM
Xena, Princess Warrior...starring Dottie.:cool:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2006-09-20 6:52 AM
Chiro appointment this morning. Then reading and more reading.

Had a good run. I hate running during rush hour so much stop and go and grumpy people. I was in a really good mood this morning I felt good running and I just feel good!! :laugh: Maybe because I had a good talk with one of my professors. :wtf: Or maybe because I'm going to see my grandbaby tomorrow!! :hug: :hug: Or maybe just that I am able to run. Anyway...So I was saying "Good morning" to everyone I saw. Eeesh everyone was grumbling at me :shocker!: except the crossing guards they are so nice. :cool::cool:

Have wonderful Wednesday everyone!!! :mischief::happy::grin::laugh::cool::hug:

Tom--hope everything is going well.
Parent - By Michele Date 2006-09-20 8:24 AM
Glad you are feeling good Deb!!  Have fun with the grandbaby!!
Parent - By JeffRuns [us] Date 2006-09-20 6:56 AM
I'm never to innovative on Wednesdays............ :grin:

Brick last night.  Rain forced the bike part inside on the trainer.  Steady spinnig for and hour then an easy 30 minute run in a light rain.

This morning I ran 5.5 miles at GA kind of effort and after work I'll ride for 90 minutes in what looks to be gorgeous late summer weather!!

Run safe, Masters!!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2006-09-20 7:07 AM
Elliptical and weights last night.  Then awake all night because of the pain in my hip.  I'm getting really frustrated.

It hurts if I run, It hurts if I don't run.  Think I'll run.

I made whole-wheat rotini pasta and sauce while the girls ate breakfast this morning.  Dumped it in a casserole dish with lots of mozarella and stuck it in the fridge.  I can put it in the oven right after work, and get 3 slow miles in while it slow bakes.  Voila' - an afterwork run and supper on the table at the normal time.  Patting myself on the back......

Have a good one masters!
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2006-09-20 7:17 AM
At first I thought you were having the pasta and sauce for breakfast...thought you were coming over to the darkside:evil::laugh:. I had spaghetti and meatballs for breakfast today.
Parent - By Michele Date 2006-09-20 8:19 AM
:sad::sad:  I've had pain like that before and it's not fun.  Hang in there - it WILL get better!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2006-09-20 9:06 AM
Hope that pain ends soon. 

Good job on the dinner.  It sounds good.  What time are you serving?:grin:
Parent - - By SwiftySuze Date 2006-09-20 8:04 AM
Started out on a 5 mile run this morning and quit after 2.5 because I just didn't have any get-up-and-go. I think I'm just worn out from a long weekend of traveling. At least, I hope that's what it is. My first triathlon is this Sunday, so I decided to err on the side of giving m body some rest. If I'm not ready by now, a few more miles this week won't make any difference, but a little more rest might...
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-09-20 4:57 PM
Good thinking Suze.  Good luck on your event.
Parent - By GrayDave [us] Date 2006-09-20 8:16 AM
Today was an easy 3 miles.  I messed up and didn't get out the door early, so I opted to wait until 9:00 when all the roads are quiet after the rush to work and school.
Parent - - By Michele Date 2006-09-20 8:23 AM
I'm with SwiftySuze - a little more rest can't hurt!  :grin:  I thought I was going to ride last night, but the XC meet went on and on and I didn't get home until 7:30 - too late for a ride due to darkness.  Marty set a 1 minute course PR, but was out of the medals.  There is a freshman girl who ran the 4K in 14:25 - she just flies!!  I remember reading about her last year in 8th grade, and she was competing in competitions with college age women.  One of her times in a race would have put her 4th in the Big 12!  :shocker!:

Our windows are still open, but since it was in the low 40's this morning, my long underwear, long sleeve T, socks and extra blanket sure felt good this morning!  I didn't want to crawl out of my warm cozy spot.  Thought I would ride tonight, but was reminded that the high school open house is tonight.  So I'll have to crawl out of bed and run in the morning.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2006-09-20 9:10 AM
Young girls are fun to coach because it seems that the skies the limit in their racing.  The overall winner for the one mile in the girl's division at our xc race was 6:33...faster than the boys winner by 30 seconds.  This young 12 year old was smoking.:cool:

Way to go last night Marty!
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2006-09-20 8:53 AM
Well, I've been to the chiropractor, LAWL (down ~4#'s since Sunday), and ran 3 miles. I still need to do weights and abs. The run today was much like yesterdays 3.5 miles. Very low energy and pretty wobbly. I'm guessing it's the adjustment to the new way of eating. I'm going to give it another couple of days before adjusting the plan (or they are letting me do that).
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2006-09-20 9:16 AM
way to go on the 4lbs. we will be needing pictures of you as this process goes on:evil:

whatever happened with the bathing suit and swimming saga? i went to the beach and didn't hear. are you swimming?
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2006-09-20 9:46 AM
No swimming. I couldn't muster up the courage to go. I will probably actually sign up at the YMCA in another month or so AFTER I've lost some weight. I also have another suit on order since the once that did come that day ended up being to big. First I get one to small then one to big. I'm glad to see that manfacturer discrepancies run to swim suits as well :mutmad::meh:

No pictures as pictures make me look even FATTER than I am. As in I am trying to loose 35 pounds, if I took a picture you'd think I needed to loose 60. And no I'm not lying or exaggerating.
Parent - - By GrayDave [us] Date 2006-09-20 10:15 AM
Get one of those new cameras that have a setting to make you appear thinner.  That's what I need :laugh:

Here's one from HP:
http://www.hp.com/united-states/consumer/digital_photography/tours/slimming/index_f.html
Parent - By ironjen Date 2006-09-20 10:20 AM
OMG! The problem I have is that with photos I don't just add 10 pounds I add at least 30 :shocker!:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2006-09-20 9:52 AM
Rob, you probably missed that post last week when you were away.  Jen decided the heck w/ the bathing suit and took your advice and went natural.  Pretty cool.  I saw her on Action News and she was talking about how she decided to do this after a recommendation from somebody in Bowie, MD.  It was the talk of the Delaware Valley and all over Philly for a few days.  :wink:

Tom
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2006-09-20 9:56 AM
What Tom is forgetting is that there were quite a few deaths as a result of that :meh:
Parent - - By Michele Date 2006-09-20 10:03 AM
Who cares what people think you look like in a swim suit?  I guarantee you they won't spend their day thinking about it!  Go swim girl!
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2006-09-20 10:11 AM
Unfortunately I care :sad:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2006-09-20 10:41 AM
In the 2 years I've been swimming I've seen people in all shapes and sizes at the pool. But if you aren't comfortable in a suit until you've dropped some lbs...I understand. It might back sense not to get a suit until you've lost some lbs. Those things are pricey
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2006-09-20 10:42 AM
That's the way to go Jen. Bathing suites are overrated and expensive
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-09-20 4:59 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By RBrauerei [us] Date 2006-09-20 8:19 PM
*shakes head* : pbbt:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2006-09-20 9:39 AM
Woo Hoo Jen!!! Way to go girl!! I was thinking about you this morning wondering how it was going. I didn't have a chance to check in yesterday.  Great progress. :cool::cool:
Parent - - By ironjen Date 2006-09-20 9:48 AM
It going. I am starving it feels like all the time. Even though it actually IS a decent amount of food. Ugh. 4 months of this is going to suck. They said it's going to take me 18 weeks :cry:
Parent - - By Michele Date 2006-09-20 10:02 AM
If you feel like you are starving, then your body is trying to tell you something.  It's not going to burn fat if it thinks it is starving - it will hold onto it for dear life!
Parent - By ironjen Date 2006-09-20 10:13 AM
Well I'm not sure if I'm actually hungry or if it's my gastritis acting up. It has a tendancy to do that if I don't have milk or bread products for a couple of days which is what the first 2 days of the diet is. I THINK I'll be ok, after a couple of days since I can now have those again. I just have to wait for the stomach acid to fix itself. If not by friday than I'm told to add to what I'm eating.
Parent - - By FaithRunner1 [us] Date 2006-09-20 9:50 AM
Greetings All.

Ran a very cool (53 degree with 17 mph wind) 4 miler yesterday after work in a slight mist....Ahhhh, I am loving it...Fall is here a bit early in mid-Michigan, or should I say, it is for this week.

4 miles of speedwork this afternoon.

Our oldest Daughter Mary just called me and said she got the job she interviewed for this morning.  WooHoo...she needed this victory in her life. 

Run well, run safe Friends.
Parent - - By Michele Date 2006-09-20 10:01 AM
Way to go Mary!  Good luck with the speedwork!

On the opposite end of the job situation, my little sis in KC might be fired this afternoon.  She works for a national travel agency who has been losing money for the past 5 years (haven't they all?) but instead of letting people go due to the financial situation, they have slowly but surely thrown employees under the bus, so to speak, and she's been picked as the next one.  There's a VP there selected as the hatchet woman.  My sis' boss is conveniently out of town until tomorrow, and their HR person is out of town until next week.  How can you go from being employee of the year (for her office) to fired in the span of a few months?  Makes no sense . . . and how can someone other than your boss fire you??  :mutmad:
Parent - By SwiftySuze Date 2006-09-20 10:39 AM
That's  terrible thing to do!:mutmad:--and just when I was trying to convince myself that the human race was generally nicer than I give them credit for being...:sad:
Parent - - By FaithRunner1 [us] Date 2006-09-20 10:51 AM
Michele, that's just plain wrong what they are doing to your Sis!!

Does she have a contingency plan of some sort?
Parent - By Michele Date 2006-09-20 10:57 AM
When this all came about last Friday in a "meeting", she went home and updated her resume, posted it on a couple websites, and applied for 3-4 jobs.  She had an interview yesterday that went very well, and has a second interview with them on Friday.  She's the most organized, loyal person I know.  (She's the one I ran the Disney marathon with in 2003.)  I feel so helpless sitting here in Omaha!  :cry:
Parent - By ironjen Date 2006-09-20 12:37 PM
Yeah to Mary! Does that mean she might be getting a place of her own then?

Enjoy your speedwork!
Parent - - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-09-20 5:05 PM
Hi all:  First of all, thanks to all of you for your birthday wishes yesterday.  I had a fabulous dinner of salmon with carmelized onions, mashed potatoes, vegetables, and...key lime pie.  It was so good.  My mother, hubby and I all had a great time.  My kids bought me season 1 of House on DVD, and I'm claiming a (previously bought) pair of running shoes as a gift from my husband.

Today I went to the podiatrist and he agreed that my leg length discrepency improvement is very impressive.  It was nice to get an unbiased opinion on it, since a chiropractor has done the adjusting.  He suggested an addition to my inserts and he liked my new shoes in that they met his standards (flexible forefoot with some torsional support and stable heel).  And then I went for a massage to work out more kinks.  These guys are all expert runners, so I feel comfortable with them.

No running today (the weather was perfect), but I'll be up and out tomorrow.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2006-09-20 6:54 PM
MMMMmMmmmmmmmmmm       Did you get a doggie bag for the rest of us????

Tom
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-09-20 8:55 PM
nope, all gone! :wink:
Parent - - By RBrauerei [us] Date 2006-09-20 8:20 PM
Checking in late, but checking in nonetheless...

Actually ran 4 miles earlier today.  4 really good miles a lot faster than I have been running (tho' I'm still running sans watch); I even pushed the last mile, kicking the last quarter and sprinting the last 100m.  Some pent up emotion and frustration coming through... :meh: But it felt fantastic. :happy: I even had a moment (two seconds) where I thought it might be realistic to look at a 5K PR in November.:shocker!:  Oh, then the oxygen returned to my brain.: pbbt:  But there is a runner still somewhere inside this head...
Parent - By BobSanone [us] Date 2006-09-21 3:17 AM
GREAT Rick!

BobS
Up Topic Communities / Masters / What's Up on Wednesday?