Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Injuries / Left Groin Muscle Pull
- - By FaithRunner1 [us] Date 2008-10-15 6:08 AM
Anybody have expereince with this kind of injury?

I am in my final week of taper and I pulled this muscle last weekend.  I am planning on masking the pain with either Ibruprofon or Celebrex for the upcoming race and hopefully won't screw myself up in the process.
Parent - - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2008-10-15 6:17 AM
I've had one before from playing hockey.  Even if it's not severe, it will take a while to heal as you don't really realize how much that muscle is used.  Running downhill will be worse than anything.  After your race give it some rest and then do things to strengthen your other leg muscles to take the stress off the groin (that's what they did in PT for me) until it fully heals.

Good luck.
Parent - By FaithRunner1 [us] Date 2008-10-15 6:28 AM
Thanks!:cool:
Parent - - By FaithRunner1 [us] Date 2008-10-15 7:15 AM Edited 2008-10-15 7:22 AM
How long does it take for these kinds of injuries to heal?  I realize that depends on the severity of it but mine is somewhere between a 1.4 and 1.6 on a scale of 3.
Parent - By adamswims (Gone Now Adam! You pick what you want.) Date 2008-10-15 9:23 AM
Mine took quite a good 3-4 months to feel like I could do everything I wanted.  Mine sounds like it may have been more severe but not that much more.  It really depends on the activities you do.  If you do any activities where lateral movement is involved you will feel it if it's not healed.
Parent - - By FaithRunner1 [us] Date 2008-10-17 7:44 AM
Anybody run a marathon while having this particular injury.... I am planning on it this Sunday in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Chewing a lot of Motrin and the injury site seems to be cooperating (masked pain) It is a level one groin pull which means according to the doctor I can continue to train/run....I won't be racing the marathon, just using it as a training run. 
Parent - By whollymoly (manliest boy) Date 2008-10-18 2:02 PM
you should be fine, especially since you're not racing it.  i second what adam said.
Up Topic General / Injuries / Left Groin Muscle Pull