2008-03-06 4:33 AM
If you started training before the main ballots and found out that you actually do not have a place then do not worry we still have charity places available! For more information please read below.
What is cardiomyopathy?
* 1 in 500 people have one of the genetic heart conditions know as cardiomyopathies.
* As a genetic condition, there is a 50% chance it will be passed down the family line.
* Cardiomyopathy is an incurable disease.
* This condition is the lead cause of sudden cardiac death in the under 35's.
* Most people, when diagnosed can receive medical advice and can find ways to lead a normal life
What do we do to prevent all this?
The CMA provides information and support to families affected by the heart muscle disease cardiomyopathy. The charity also promotes excellence in clinical practice by providing education for doctors, nurses and funding regional cardiomyopathy clinics.
Why are we writing here what do we have to offer?
One of the CMA's preferred methods of income is through sponsored runs which we have running throughout the year. We still have places left in various runs, including the London 10k and the London Triathlon.
* London 10k is free to enter although we do ask for a minimum sponsorship of £250.
* London Triathlon will be at a cost of £50 for entry and the minimum sponsorship fee will be £450.
If anyone is interested in these events then please contact Daniel Jackson on 01494 791 224 or email me at Daniel.Jackson@cardiomyopathy.org.
If you are looking for another run that you would like to run you may also contact me and I will see what I can do to arrange this.
Powered by mwForum © 1999-2015 Markus Wichitill