Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Training / Triathlons / I am an Ironman. IM Lou report.
- - By snoopyruns Date 2007-08-29 11:57 AM
Sort of a cross post from marathons. I wasn't going to post anything because I have roughly one day a week to be on the forums and up until today, it has been consumed with training.  I am a Lame Forumite.  But Eric1970 posted a link to my report that I e-mailed to him, and ya'll still remember me. So I'm posting my link here too.

My only goal for my first Ironman was to finish.  I am not fast like IronAllie or like Ankah will be in a little over a week or Nemo in 13.5 months.  I just wanted to finish in the legal time.

I had an almost identical finish time to my training partner's first Ironman -- and she knocked 3 hours off her time at IM Lou, so I'm pretty sure with a lot more biking and training under my belt, I can return in 2009 and smash my time from Sunday.

Anyway, if you are bored and have nothing to do for a few minutes, the link to my report:  http://www.ironsnoopy.blogspot.com
Parent - - By Nemo Date 2007-08-29 12:25 PM
Oh Gosh, Snoop!! That is by far, without a doubt, hands-down the best and most inspiring ironman report I've ever read. Period. I'm sitting here in my office (had to close my door) with tears in my eyes. I read every single word. I've been waffling back and forth on whether I really want to put myself through this but darnit if I'm not ready to push that registration button right now. You did great!

Congratulations, girl! You are now IRONSNOOPY!!! :D I am so damn proud of you.

I don't know why you think I'm going to be "fast" at IM. I've got a hellava lot of work to do not only swimming (I'm horrible) but even more so on the bike-I've got a long way to go. But, thanks! And, I think that late 2008 would be close enough to try it again? i.e. come with us to Florida!!! :evil::grin:

Way to go. Enjoy that ice cream! :)
Parent - - By snoopyruns Date 2007-08-29 1:00 PM
You can do it. You have what it takes, I'm sure of it.  And I know you will do very well. You have that toughness and the athleticism.

We're contemplating Florida, but leaning more towards Idaho in '09 cause most of our tri club is doing that and it's early enough in the summer to have a summer left to enjoy.  But Florida is flat. :grin:  Depends. I have to get my career back on track first and foremost.

Thanks for reading my novel. It's so long and yet I left so much out.
Parent - - By Nemo Date 2007-08-29 1:06 PM
We'll see. I think with some big increases in bike volume, that will come around. Swimming, well, I'm not sure that's ever going to get better. : pbbt:

Florida is NOT flat. It's not mountains but it's NOT flat. Long false flats and some rollers. Elevation chart looks flat but it's not. As ironwoman1, my DH, etc. ;) But hey, it's windy! Whoohooo! :roll:  Oh, c'mon!!! DH and buddies are doing CdA in '08 (yes, I'm still trying to be the good wife and not be pissed off--we'll see how he handles this--long story). Then, contemplating Austria in '09. I really wish I could do CdA but with my job, there's just no way. Austria I'd just gimp through because, well...it's Austria. ;)

Florida gives you a whole year to get the career thing going. :evil:
Parent - - By snoopyruns Date 2007-08-29 1:17 PM
I'm sorry. I had heard Florida was flat. My bad. :)  No matter, 112 miles is a long friggin' bike ride, no matter the terrain or conditions.

We're too chicken to try anything international right now. We wigged out with a 1 hour time change to Kentucky! Can't even imagine something like New Zealand or Austria.

I have no idea how you guys do this with kids.  It's just the two of us and it consumed us. You must be master planners. And you, with tax season, and 2 kids and a hubby doing Idaho...oooh boy!
Parent - By Nemo Date 2007-08-29 4:45 PM
We don't do it at the same time. ;) One person at a time has a goal race. That person gets priority on training. The other one tags along (me lately) and fits it in as he/she can. That's why I'm a little irked about CdA for DH. 2008 is MY year. After I punch the registration button for IMFL, I'm #1. I've told him if he can get ready for CdA, handle the kids in tax season and be 2nd to my training then ok. I've got a big 8 x 10 of that happening. I swear, the first time he complains, I'm coming unglued. ;) Not to mention CdA is $$$$ and we have two IM trips next year now. I better get sparklies for this. ;)

If we do Austria, it will be just to go and finish and have fun. That would be the only one I can think of we'd do at the same time--or Kona if that ever happened.
Parent - - By donnybrook [us] Date 2007-08-29 2:57 PM
Oh, Snoop!  That was beautiful.  I didn't just mist--I cried.  I'm so, so proud of you.  What a journey and what an accomlishment.  Congratulations, Ironman. :hug:
Parent - By snoopyruns Date 2007-08-29 8:36 PM
Thanks, Dawn. :hug:

I've lurked enough to know that you've had a stellar tri season this year. You are so talented. Keep at it.
Parent - - By Nemo Date 2007-08-29 6:39 PM
Oh, btw...thanks a lot for quantifying in writing just how long it is until I undertake this craziness. :laugh: I think Al Trautwig put it best one time when commentating for one of the IMs..."Swim, bike, run..and, yes, the distances are ridiculous.". :laugh::laugh:  Yeah, baby!!
Parent - - By snoopyruns Date 2007-08-29 8:37 PM
:laugh:

Ok, I hope you know there has been a very serious discussion tonight at the Snoopy household about Florida '08. We'll see how the job hunt goes between now and Nov. 2007.

You will be great.  :)
Parent - By Nemo Date 2007-08-29 8:47 PM
:evil::cool:

The Redneck Riviera and Panama City Beach ain't gonna know what hit it! :D

Ya know, I just realized I have to sign up for IMFL a week after I do MCM. Good thing I'm not going for broke at MCM! Of course, I have another HIM next weekend. I'm sure I'll be like WTF am I thinking again. :laugh: I need some friends that like bowl or play darts and drink or something. ;)
Parent - - By mollybees Date 2007-08-30 4:06 AM
Wow.  What an amazing race for you.  That was one of the best reports I've ever read.  You have every reason in the world to be proud of yourself!  You so captured the emotion I felt like I was out there with you.

Congratulations, and thanks for sharing this! :happy:
Parent - By snoopyruns Date 2007-09-05 7:33 PM
Thank you, mollybees. :happy:
Parent - By Ankah Date 2007-09-11 11:58 AM
Snoop!!! I had no idea! I just commented on your blog page, but congrats to you, IronSnoop!!! :hug:
Up Topic Training / Triathlons / I am an Ironman. IM Lou report.