Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Injuries / FU PF.
- - By Xtreme Taper Date 2007-07-03 2:41 PM
I've been dealing with it since Jan 1.

FU PF.

10 days of no running and it only feels slightly better than it did the day after running a hard 18 on the trail.

FU, PF. 

The good news is instead of coughing a lung at 8am tomorrow morning during a local 5k I can sit out on the deck and pop a beer instead.

FU, PF.

The bad news is I need to start training for some fall races late this month.

FU, PF.

Thank you. Feels good to get this off my chest.
Parent - - By squirrelgirl (Indian Buffet Queen) Date 2007-07-05 12:19 PM
:hug::hug:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2007-07-05 1:12 PM
:hug:

Thank you. For the immediate future I've decided to curse the PF on a daily basis in the marathon forum.

FU PF.

One more for good measure. :grin:
Parent - - By sillychinkgirl [us] Date 2008-02-06 5:54 AM
I feel your pain. :cry:  I've been dealing with PF since um ... 2006. :meh:  It's on and off.  It gets better, then I increase my mileage by only about 10% of what I was doing and within a week, it comes back full force.  Strassburg sock, insoles, plantar fasciitis supports, golf ball technique, rolling an ice water bottle under your feet, you name it, I've tried it.  I've even increased my NSAIDs, which I'm sure isn't helping my liver.  I haven't trying anything surgical yet or etc.  A little scared about that since my health insurance doesn't cover the costs.  The one thing that I've noticed is that if I take more than two days off of running or if I'm "stagnant" for too long, it's worse than if I did go run or walk around. 

Hang in there! :hug:
Parent - - By pipergirl Date 2008-02-08 10:52 AM
I read ur message and felt ur pain...I too have had PF since March of 2006....runner for 30 years...spent 14 months trying to rid myself of it...finally did the surgery when two Pod. thought I had nerve entrapment in the heel besides the PF...8 MONTHS POST SURGERY...up to 3 miles running with three different attempts during that time. Looks like this one is the winner.:grin: Have you had anyone explore the Baxter's nerve entrapment? Just a thought
Parent - By sillychinkgirl [us] Date 2008-04-16 6:31 AM
No.  What's that?! :wtf:  Is it pretty expensive, the surgery?  I would think it costs a lot of money.
Parent - By runnermomx2 [us] Date 2010-01-06 4:26 PM
Ok, I just want to say FU PF!  I am so sick of PF!  Mine started at the end of August.  I was doing some aerobic based running outside and noticed some heel pain (felt like a bruise).  They just resurfaced our roads, and I got some rock stuck in my shoes (so I really thought it was a bruise).  It would come and go.  I kept training and racing (it wasn't stopping me).  Then in October I raced a 10k (set a new PR - life was good).  At the 4 mile mark, I felt something funny in my foot and I thought my arch was going to collapse.  When the race was over I was limping, that night I could not bare weight on my foot.  I swear it was a stress fracture, but no it was PF.  FU PF!!!  I have been fighting the good fight ever since.  I took 2 weeks off, and then tried some easy running (bad idea).  I have been going to PT, icing, stretching, blah blah blah.  Today marks 4 weeks off, I was going to start up running again, but still have pain.  I have heard not to run at all while there is any type of pain or tenderness.  I think I tried too much too soon, and just couldn't get better.  I am now trying to be patient, but I am just extremely frustrated.  I also have orthotics and more supportive shoes, and I am hoping to start running soon.  Good luck! 
Up Topic General / Injuries / FU PF.