Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday Daily (8-3)
- - By Michele Date 2006-08-03 4:45 AM
Good morning Masters!

What are you doing this beautiful morning / day / evening?
Parent - - By rgreen45 [ca] Date 2006-08-03 4:48 AM
I'm heading out for an easy bike ride. I'll probably do my first trial "run" this weekend. I'm anxious to see how I feel afterwards. It's 76° here in Central Ky. @ 6:48.

Have a great day gang. : pbbt:
Parent - - By BobSanone [us] Date 2006-08-03 7:32 AM
Walking is a GREAT way to start before trying the run Ray. There is no rush to get back to what you call running.
Walk a mile or so then 1/2 mile very easy run then an easy walk to finish is a good start.

Don't be CRAZY RAY this time buddy.

Parent - By NErunner [us] Date 2006-08-03 9:35 AM
Bob is right on with this advice, Ray.
Parent - By Michele Date 2006-08-03 4:49 AM
Ladies of the Evening Run/Potluck last night, and during the summer, many of us runners turn into walkers.  We run in the morning, enjoy a walk in the evening, then dinner together.  My friend and I walked 2 miles, then hula-hooped, drank a watermelon marguarita and ate! 

Came home and did the fat burning strength workout, then hit the sheets.

Up early this morning for a 7.6 mile bike ride.  Decided to try a jaunt on the highway through the neighborhood.  Sometimes we get heavy semi traffic, but it looked pretty light today.  So after cruising through the neighborhoods a while, I took off like a mad woman on the highway.  13 blocks later and not one car or semi came up behind me!  Whew - that was close.  ;)  Finished off the ride by climbing a long half-mile hill and holding on for dear life . . . I'm such a bike wimp!  : pbbt:  It is beautiful this morning, only 64 degrees - such a difference from yesterday morning!!

Have a great Thursday everyone!
Parent - - By FaithRunner1 [us] Date 2006-08-03 4:54 AM
Well, despite the mid-Michigan 96-98 degree heat and the dewpoint being 74% I ran a nice 4 miler yesterday. Man did my legs hurt this morning though.

Slated to run a 7 miler today, the great news is...temps will only be in the low 80' we're talking manageble, perhaps I can finally kick up my speed and enjoy the run more.

Run well, run safe Friends!!
Parent - By Michele Date 2006-08-03 8:06 AM
Isn't it weird how the after-effects of running in heat and high humidity is so different?  Doesn't take much for the dehydration to set in.  Cooler weather is coming your way!!
Parent - By Ron274 [us] Date 2006-08-03 5:26 AM
Good morning everyone! Like most of you were mired in this heat. temps due to hit 100 again today.:evil: Good thing I only have a 30 min. tempo Run on the schedule today. Then, it's school and work. Exciting huh? :grin:
Have a great day everyone. Stay cool!
Parent - - By Yankeebelle Date 2006-08-03 6:10 AM
3.5 mile warm and humid miles.  And it's trash pick-up day...blech...:meh:

I've coordinated a pool party for church tonight that should cool us down until the cooler weather gets here tomorrow.  :cool:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2006-08-03 6:22 AM
Slip and slide, pool party.  Your church is really into Holy Water.  :wink: Do you guys wear bathing suits on Sunday?   I think I like that.  Those types of things really help bond a church.

Parent - - By Yankeebelle Date 2006-08-03 8:17 AM
Holy Water!  :laugh:   We're Baptists- not Catholics!  :laugh:   Actually we had a church split in January.  Our children and youth minister stayed, but he really hasn't done anything in months.  His heart was with the people who split off and I think he remained for financial reasons. After 7 months he finally gave his notice and left...we hadn't had a single fellowship or fun event in months so it wasn't like he was doing anything with the kids.

Anyway, we have been doing a lot of fellowship events to keep morale up and get more parents involved until we hire a new youth leader.  It seems to be working- we're having a lot of fun.
Parent - By Soundrunner [us] Date 2006-08-03 10:29 AM
A Baptist with a belly ring.  Love it.   :grin:    Hey -- I'm sort of one of those, too!  (my mom's side are all Baptists)
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2006-08-03 6:24 AM
I ran 5 hot, steamy, sweaty miles this morning.  Thunderstorms are supposed to usher in some cooler temps for tonight and tomorrow. 

A teacher's work day at school today followed by Open House tonight from 5-7.  A long day for me, but tomorrow I'm home one last weekday before the mad rush at school begins next week.:meh:

Behave yourselves today masters.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2006-08-03 6:34 AM
Is your school air conditioned?   How about the gym?

Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2006-08-03 8:43 AM
The classrooms have A/C, but not the central A/C.  The gym does NOT have any A/C.  The A/C in my upstairs office doesn't even work and they won't fix it.  We just sweat it out.
Parent - - By GrayDave [us] Date 2006-08-03 6:26 AM
Wow, I have been up and down lately.  A couple days ago I was up and having a great run early, and today I absolutely could not get up.  Now that I am obviously out of bed, I am going to skip my stretch & strengthen workout.  I'll just do some stretching later after work.  I was hoping to get some consistency in my mornings but so far that is not happening.

The phone rang at 4:00am.  It was my wife over in Shanghai, "Oops, I hit the wrong button, go back to bed, sorry".  Now what in the world was that all about :wtf:  Was she checking to see if a another woman would answer :evil: :shocker!:   (Just kidding, I'm pretty sure she hit the wrong button.)
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2006-08-03 6:33 AM
At least she didn't say "Sam is that you?"    You guys are great.

Parent - - By Michele Date 2006-08-03 8:08 AM
What time was it in Shanghai?  :laugh:  Is it hot over there too?

Hope you can get over the slump Dave, the heat hasn't helped!! 
Parent - - By GrayDave [us] Date 2006-08-03 8:20 AM
Shanghai is exactly 12 hours ahead of us (in the Eastern Time Zone) and it's been pretty consistently in the mid 80's since she's been there.

She is supposed to be over there training people, but on her blog ( it seems like she's just sight-seeing and shopping. :grin:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2006-08-03 2:07 PM
Well she has to occupy her off time too :wink::wink::wink:

Nice blog she has.
Parent - By Michele Date 2006-08-03 2:12 PM
I agree - interesting blog!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2006-08-03 6:30 AM
Another bad air today.  Still fighting sore throat, so I postponed run today.  Change in air for tomorrow and weekend, though still hot.  Speaking of changing air, I hope you remembered to change the air in your tires.  Are you still driving around with that stale winter air???   That can lead to real problems during the summer. 

It is very quiet here today.  My duaghter and grand daughter are safely back in NC and Lynda is back to work today.  :cry:  I actually have lots to get done, just need to stay focused.   Concert in park cancelled due to heat. 

Tom in DE
Parent - - By JeffRuns [us] Date 2006-08-03 7:05 AM
Today's either gonna be a rest day or if the heat breaks a little ealier I might do a short run after work.  Then I gotta pack to head of for Beach to Beacon and 5 days on the beach in Maine!!! :grin::grin:

Stay cool and hydrated!!!
Parent - - By Michele Date 2006-08-03 8:12 AM
Have fun on your vacation Jeff!!  Be careful in the heat!
Parent - By JeffRuns [us] Date 2006-08-03 8:52 AM
Thanks Michele.  It's gonna much cooler over the weekend.

I can't wait!!
Parent - - By Soundrunner [us] Date 2006-08-03 10:31 AM
Have a fun time in Maine and a great B2B this year, Jeff!  I should be back next year to meet you during the warm up. :)
Parent - By JeffRuns [us] Date 2006-08-03 1:36 PM
I've just penciled that into my calendar Krista. It's a date!!! :grin::hug:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2006-08-03 2:10 PM
Wow I completely forgot about the B2B coming up. Have a great time. And say hello to Maine for me. Can't wait to hear about it. Have a great run!!!

If you see a skinny 24 yr old wandering around Portland tell him to call his mother...:shocker!::laugh::wink: j/k
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2006-08-03 7:18 AM
Not sure that I can call this morning "beautiful."

I turned on the weather channel when I woke up and caught the 5:48 local on the 8's forecast and it was already 82 degrees and 85% humidity. Knew right then it was going to be a fun morning. Met my buddy Dean about an hour later downtown and we did our 10 mile loop. We saw a number of other runners out there and we just said "Morning!" to them since it would have been a lie to have added the "Good."
Parent - - By BobSanone [us] Date 2006-08-03 7:35 AM
I'm going to join you guys for a run before too long Rick!
I'm kind of busy getting Ray back in to the running thing at the moment.

Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2006-08-03 8:05 AM
That would be great!! Dean was asking if you were going to join us this morning as we we over near Kilborne. Just let me know when you plan to do so & we can figure out a good way to meet up.

Glad to hear about Chandler! (and very glad to hear you being proud for him)
Parent - - By BobSanone [us] Date 2006-08-03 7:25 AM
Hello everyone:grin:

So far today I've run an easy 5 miles.:grin:
Walked the Clement the dog (6lb Maltese)
Weights/Core w/o

Chatted with my son Chandler when he returned from his Marine Corps PE test. (no problem)
He's as excided as I can ever remember seeing him! Looks like he will leave for Paris Island (13wks Basic) on 8/20.
I'm anxious, proud and happy for him:grin:
Dee is also but she becomes a basket case when he's not around.

I still plan to get in some time on the bike trainer later today.:cool:

Did I say that I'm proud of my son?

Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2006-08-03 7:36 AM
Bob,  Good job on the morning workout.  Way to go with your son.  You should be very proud of him.  You should look forward to that day you journey to Paris Island to see him graduate.  Way to go!

Parent - By BobSanone [us] Date 2006-08-03 8:31 AM
Thanks Tom

Dee's already booked a 7 bedroom BnB for our entire family to be there for graduation!

Parent - - By Michele Date 2006-08-03 8:12 AM
That's great to read that Chandler is excited about the next phase of his life!!  My son leaves for college next Wednesday, but he's only 25 miles away.  It's not the distance so much as the psychological aspect of the move.  Does that make sense?  I'm just going to miss having him around! 

Great job on the run this morning!
Parent - By BobSanone [us] Date 2006-08-03 8:32 AM
Thanks Michele

Makes perfect sense to me.

Parent - By NErunner [us] Date 2006-08-03 9:37 AM
Yay for Chandler!  Looks like he has found his calling.  Very happy for you and your family!
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-08-03 9:37 AM
Great news about your son, Bob!
Parent - By NErunner [us] Date 2006-08-03 9:40 AM
Good Morning, Masters!

Think today will bring a bike ride and some lawn mowing for me.  Not sure when...but it'll happen sometime.

I looked out the window this morning...noticed someone TP'd my son's car last night.  Don't know who he said/did what to....Nor do I want to know :wink:...Toooo Funny.  I'm just sitting here waiting for him to wake I can tease him even more.
Parent - - By Soundrunner [us] Date 2006-08-03 10:25 AM
Good morning!  Had to miss my run yesterday due to a last minute appointment so I was determined to get out this a.m. Got in a sluggish, okay painful, 7 miles this a.m.   (Okay, let's get real here -- you guys have it easy.  Try running at certain times of the month when you feel like you're in labor.  Enough said. :cry:).  But, as I knew I would, I felt better when I finished.  Funny how Mother Nature works at times. : pbbt:

Another nice day on tap here.  I'll be inside all day, but hopefully will see the Blue Angels do some practicing outside my window later today.  Always a thrill!  Have yet to see their Seafair show ,and kids haven't seem too interested in it, but this is nearly as good.  And no crowds.

Have a good one everyone.  Any relief in sight in the Midwest?  Heading to Wisconsin next week . . .
Parent - - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-08-03 2:29 PM
Well, I didn't make it out the door for a run this a.m.  I may run in the neighborhood tonight, or just wait till the early a.m.  Darn it!!  I just realized that I forgot to get Gatorade at the store.  No.....I don't want to go out in the heat again to get it...

Michele, your running/riding has been entirely too exciting these past two days!
Parent - By Michele Date 2006-08-03 3:40 PM
I'm so easily entertained . . . : pbbt:  Nothing too exciting tomorrow, I get to sleep in a little!
Parent - By penguinpam [us] Date 2006-08-03 4:37 PM
Hi everyone! I did my 5 miles on the TM earlier today. Hopefully, I'll get outside to run some this weekend since it's supposed to be cooler.

Ray is at band practice tonight, Alex has a friend sleeping over......Conor is trying to annoy Alex and the friend (he's doing a pretty good job) and I am planning to actually READ some. I don't seem to get the chance to read much these days, and I'm really looking forward to it!

Now to decide on a book!

Parent - - By mrbill [us] Date 2006-08-03 5:27 PM
Rest Day today!! Dr gave me the OK to resume training normally.  I still go to physical therapy, but that's cool.
Now, how do I not up the miles too quickly.... :wtf:
Parent - By JetGirl [us] Date 2006-08-03 7:43 PM
Great news!!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday Daily (8-3)