Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Racers: On your mark, get set, reply 'em...
- By IB Date 2019-01-11 7:39 AM
If you're racing this long holiday weekend or during the coming week, let everyone know about it!

Race name / distance

Date

Goals
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2019-01-11 9:01 AM
What is the holiday this weekend? :wtf:

Race: PCTI Winter series 5k Race #1; 5k = 3.1 miles
Date: Sunday, 1/13
Goals: this is the winter series of races that I ran last year. It's four 5ks, and they take your 3 best times and crown the series winner. In my age group, I won all 3 of the races I ran last year as well as the overall series! :shocker!::cool: I must qualify that with the fact that the series had just come back from a several year hiatus, so the races were super small and there were only 2-3 people in my age group. So while I would like my goal to be to defend my title from last year, I know there will be a lot more people running the series this year, so I will wait until after Sunday to state that as a goal. : pbbt: I am running long-ish tomorrow (14), so my goal for Sunday is to run a controlled up-tempo race with 1. a sub-9 pace and 2. hopefully sub-27 finish time.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2019-01-13 2:13 PM
Finish time: 27:59 so I didn't hit my time goals. I think I was on crack when I said my goal was sub-27, this is a hilly course so I think maybe I meant sub-28? I came in 1st in my AG, so operation defend my title is in effect! The race didn't grow as much as I expected (only ~10 new people), and there was only 1 other person in my AG, but a win is a win!
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2019-01-13 3:48 PM
Nice work.. cutting that sub 28 a bit close! :cool: :happy:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2019-01-13 4:13 PM
Watch time was 28:03, so I was happy when I saw the chip time! : pbbt:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2019-01-13 4:35 PM
Outstanding! :cool: And you can blame the slight miss on being overdressed. :wink:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2019-01-14 8:46 AM
:cool: winner winner chicken dinner!
Parent - By IB Date 2019-01-14 10:51 AM
Oops, bad cut & paste job.  : pbbt:
- - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2019-01-14 8:52 AM
Race name / distance - Hotcake Hustle 5k

Location - Addison, TX

Date - 1/12/19

Goals - keep a steady pace going, be in the top 10 and stick around for free pancakes after the race.

ran with mrbarney (well we started together) and we started too far back in the crowd, so the first 1/2 mile was dodging walkers (wtf) and just trying to get out of the throng of people. Once I hit the bridge it had thinned out enough to not have to side step around people.

I ended up 7th in my age group (no maple syrup prize for me) at 27:33.  splits were 9:01, 8:45 and 8:39. so I think if I'd moved up a bit at the start, I could have placed a bit higher.
but I ate the heck out of the pancakes they served afterwards. :cool:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2019-01-14 9:17 AM
Nice job, speeding up each mile! :cool: Free pancakes sounds amazing!
- By foggydoggy [us] Date 2019-01-15 7:32 PM
Hot Chocolate 15K- 15K Sunday

Golden Gate Park

The goal was to run 15K at the pace I ran 10K on newyears day.  The NY 10K was hilly this course is downhill, flat uphill (but not as much).

Goal exceeded by 30 seconds per mile though overall result was over 10 minutes slower than last year.  I'll take it.  I ran the downhill first 5K quite fast, Ran at a nice steady pace for the next 5K and then fell apart for the last 5K.  7 of the 9.3 miles were at a faster per mile pace than I ran 2 weeks ago though.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Racers: On your mark, get set, reply 'em...