Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / 2019 Goals/2018 Recap
- - By kelly_v Date 2019-01-11 7:33 AM
I was thinking about this the other day. How did the year go? Here's the link to last year's thread:

http://www.runango.com/forums/topic_show.pl?pid=7051148
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2019-01-11 8:12 AM
Hi Kelly!  I never actually end up posting any goals on these threads. :laugh:  My mileage goal is 1400 miles, but not a whole lot planned aside from just running.  No races or anything like that.  I would like to make it through 2019 in one piece. : pbbt:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2019-01-11 8:39 AM
I think last year was my first time posting goals :laugh:  I think 1400 miles and staying in one piece are excellent goals :laugh::laugh:
Parent - By laxrunner Date 2019-01-11 8:40 AM
I think I'm going to set my mileage goal at 1400, too. :happy:
Parent - - By laxrunner Date 2019-01-11 9:25 AM
I failed all my goals for the second year in a row! :laugh: I had some highs (getting married!) and some lows (double mastectomy). I only ran 835 miles but my comeback post-surgeries has been pretty good.

Running/Fitness Goals for 2019:
1. PR in the half marathon (I'm running one on 1/20)
2. Run 1,400 miles
3. Incorporate 2-3 strength sessions/week
4. Do some great hiking :happy:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-14 10:28 AM
what a year you've had! :hug: All the best to you in 2019!! Good luck in your half.
Parent - By laxrunner Date 2019-01-17 10:14 AM
Thank you!
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2019-01-11 8:23 PM
Thanks kelly, I was thinking about it the other day too!
I have to cut and paste my whole post from last year because....shocker of all shockers, I am yet again eating ice cream while updating this. I guess it is now a tradition! Except this time it is dairy free ice cream (there are some really good ones!)
First goals in italics were 2017, then this year (I'll update in all caps there for 2018) and I'll put 2019 goals below in bold.
My goals for this year are sort of up in the air but I'll put something down.
1-Get pregnant with baby #2 (which might affect other goals) YES, AND FINALLY GOT ONE THAT STUCK! DUE DATE FEB 7
2-Less sweets....so hard for me! I'm eating chocolate ice cream right now as I type this. BIG FAIL
3-Moderate running and yoga (like around 10 mpw and short yoga sessions at least 2x/week), also run some 5Ks for fun with family/friends I DIDN'T KEEP UP WITH THIS WHILE PREGNANT BUT DID OK IN BETWEEN PREGNANCIES
4-Keep my head above water at work, it seems like we keep getting more and more on our plates without any of the old stuff getting taken off THIS WAS FINE B/C I DON'T CARE AS MUCH ABOUT WORK ANYMORE...: pbbt:

Goals for 2018:
1-survive the newborn phase again with my marriage intact DOING IT! WELL, I GUESS SHE'S NO LONGER A NEWBORN, SHE'LL BE 1 ON 2/6. DH AND I ARE DOING WELL.
2-get back to running when my body is ready and also incorporate yoga 1-2x a week YES! ALSO ADDED BARRE. MILEAGE IS LOW BUT I'M HAPPY WITH WHAT I'M DOING.
3-possibly run the Bay Bridge 10K in November YES! I DID IT!
4-enjoy the fun moments with our kids, even though we are exhausted and completely worn out (can you tell my 3rd tri exhaustion is completely set in?!) I FEEL LIKE WE ARE DOING WELL WITH THAT ONE TOO

I must have set myself up for success with things I knew I could do...here are some for this year.
1-run a half marathon in the spring to enjoy it
2-possibly run a fast half marathon in the fall, might be less "enjoyable" but worthwhile
3-keep doing yoga and barre
4-do a couple of professional events outside of regular duties at school (conferences/AP Reading are possibilities)
5-save money for some cool TBD trips in 2020 with DH and the kids
Family life is going well at this time, so I just hope to continue having fun in that area and keeping my sanity with our wild kiddos!

This thread makes me miss some of our old buddies. Hope they resurface for it.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2019-01-15 7:28 AM
Last Year:
1. weight loss and healthier eating (should go hand in hand)  Big fail
2. start running again - more for the joy of it as opposed to just exercise and hopefully reclaim the old me Mostly a big fail too
3. make a positive impact on those around me. I don't know what this looks like and it is definitely abstract but I've struggled with it for a long time feeling like I have more to give than I do. some success here, trying to use my bargain shopping skills to help others

For 2019 I'm actually going to keep the same goals because that is what I still need to focus on:
1. weight loss and healthier eating (should go hand in hand)
2. start running again - more for the joy of it as opposed to just exercise and hopefully reclaim the old me
3. make a positive impact on those around me. I don't know what this looks like and it is definitely abstract but I've struggled with it for a long time feeling like I have more to give than I do.
Up Topic Communities / Women / 2019 Goals/2018 Recap