Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday, 09 Jan 2019
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2019-01-09 7:41 AM
Good morning!

I feel like I need to check FB every morning for January birthdays!  So who else is celebrating today?

What are you doing on this wacky Wednesday? 

QOTD -- are your Christmas decorations packed and ready for next year?

Post away...
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2019-01-09 9:02 AM
I had an early church meeting today so my plan was to run at lunch, but work hit me with a stressful task, so I am going to run when that is done to burn off the stress. 

It will end up being earlier than waiting for lunch.  People processed 2019 medical claims for a large account before all the plan changes were entered, so I had to back them all out.  I've done it a couple times in the past, but past experience doesn't reduce the stress.

I am hoping for 3-4 miles.  Temperature has been dropping from the 40s into the 30s as the day has progressed.  Possible snow in the air today but nothing to accumulate.

We didn't get any decorations out this year so there was nothing to put away.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2019-01-09 10:33 AM
Got to the park for 3.3 miles. Actually had some spring in my step the 3rd mile and broke 10 minutes (9:56). 

34, windy, and a little burst of snow at the end.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-09 11:07 AM
:cool:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2019-01-09 12:57 PM
34 windy and a burst of snow.   Actually had some spring in my step.  Spring comes early to WV:laugh:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2019-01-09 9:39 AM
I ran on an outdoor treadmill this morning.  It sure felt like it.  Running right into a mighty wind.  Not a fun run.

Christmas Tree run today.  Newark has you put your tree on the curb and they come around with a chipper and use the chips at the parks.  One house had an enormous tree.  About 10 ft in diameter.  I stopped to watch the chipper.  The tree would not fit! :shocker!: The guys worked but it kept jamming.  They finally put it in the back of the truck unchipped. No clue how they got this tree in and out of the house.  

Birthday was quiet. Sorta.   Traveled up to north of Philly to a Wawa to look at a minivan.  I really liked it.  I'm sitting inside the van at the Wawa.  The seller is on the phone talking to his boss in Russian.  I'm counting out $20 bills for a down payment. The guy has a smart watch and he keeps checking it and pushing buttons. I felt like I was in the middle of a spy movie.  I did a carfax report while looking at it.  It came up legit....I think.  See if the FBI circles me on Friday when I pick it up. :shocker!:

We were to go to Texas Roadhouse for dinner w Scott.  Got postponed to next week.  I grabbed a couple steaks at store and threw them on grill outside.  First steak since Buenos Aires.  Last night not near as good.

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-09 11:08 AM
secret agent man.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-09 10:42 AM
I ran my usual 8 miles this morning.  I did make one diversion as that huge great dane was out and chased me down the road a little bit.  I turned around when I saw him coming.  That big boy scares me.  He's nearly as big as a small moose.: pbbt:

Our Christmas decoration are put up.  We didn't have outdoor decorations.  Only ornaments on the tree and a couple strands of lights that we had indoors.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2019-01-09 1:01 PM
Small moose chases big moose.   Good call.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-09 11:12 AM
My fireplace mantel is still decorated from December.  It is more wintery than Christmassy so it will stay up through the end of the month.  I think there might be some Christmas mice scattered throughout the house to pick up too.  It's a thing from when the girls were little....

The temps have dropped like a rock and the wind is beastly.  Windchill for sure, along with chasing down the garbage cans.  Got a few groceries and then a pair of jeans at the consignment shop.  Cleaning out a few of the kitchen drawers and then the usual walking, yoga-ing, and cooking.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2019-01-09 1:00 PM
Dave's fireplace guys also take down fireplace mantle decorations.  Call now for July take down.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2019-01-09 1:28 PM
That reminds me, I wonder if the gut will ever come back and finish?  He is supposed to sand the wall and put up the trim.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday, 09 Jan 2019