Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies Are Warmer
- - By judyruns Date 2019-01-08 7:13 AM
Post. :grin:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2019-01-08 7:15 AM
Monday I did 45 minutes on the TM. I’ve found that if I get up and dress quickly in the mornings I can get my run in quicker. It’s working so far.
Today the weather is supposed to get temporarily warmer so I’m going outside (even with showers). Errands after that.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2019-01-08 2:51 PM
I prefer to put my runs off until later!!

Hope you got outside today.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2019-01-08 4:02 PM
In warmer weather I run later in the morning. Then Sundays are always at dawn with Sunday Buddy.
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2019-01-08 7:36 AM
It's definitely warm here.  It was 70*F on Sunday. :shocker!:  Mid 60s yesterday and today, then getting cooler tomorrow.

For some reason I woke up an hour and a half before my alarm and never managed to get back to sleep. :roll:  I had a pretty good run, though.  I've started work on yet another landscape challenge in the back yard, which is on the north side of the house and gets shade from trees as well as the house.  It's also a favorite spot for the deer buffet. :roll:  I've taken out the stuff that was not growing very well there and have started tilling.  I need to amend the soil and till some more to see if I can at least get some decent soil for shade-loving, deer-resistant plants.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2019-01-08 2:52 PM
Warm here too.  Good luck with deer resistant plants.  I didn't have good luck with that in MD.  Everything was eaten and they were undeterred by my 150 lb dog in the yard.  They'd still eat stuff against my house
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2019-01-08 6:44 PM
I think deer will eat anything if they're hungry enough, so I'm going to try only planting things they really shouldn't like.  The deer here are quite bold and rather undeterred by humans/dogs.  I can walk out the door, say "hi deer," and they just look at me. :roll:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2019-01-08 3:59 PM Edited 2019-01-08 4:03 PM
DC sprays his garden or it would be gone via the deer. :roll: There are lots of them all along the river. The first year they ate every single black-eyed Susan.
Glad you had a good run.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2019-01-08 2:58 PM
A very crappy 2.75.  I allowed myself to walk. It was upper 70s and sunny and I didn't want to run. I walked some, stopped to talk to a neighbor....  Any excuse.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with basically no runs with kids off for 2.5 weeks.  I did run Sunday in mountains of Georgia.  I didn't plan on it.  I wanted outdoors and drove to a trail to hike.  It was just too nice out and the trail was so runnable.  I wasn't correctly dressed (long sleeves and pants when shorts and tee would have been better) but it was still nice.  I ran way faster than I likely should have run.  My quads killed me later!  I have some trails here in FL but not the hills or colder weather.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2019-01-08 4:04 PM
Great work on the 2.75! Mountains would definitely challenge the quads! :cool:
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2019-01-08 6:45 PM
Upper 70s in January? :cry:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies Are Warmer