Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Mundane Monday Dailies
- - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-07 8:32 AM
First Monday of the year post holidays.   Is it back to the routine?  Adjusting well, or not?  Looking forward to getting back to a routine, or not?  Boring, but there you go.  It’s just another <manic> Monday…
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2019-01-07 11:14 AM
Yes, back to routine here. Sort of eased into it late last week I suppose with a 2 day work week.

I did get over to the gym yesterday where I did the usual nonsense with weights and stretching and 30 minutes steady state spin on the bike to nowhere. The contraption told me my trip to nowhere was 10.5 miles. My ass gets sore on that thing or I might have gone longer. Did have a nice sweat going which was nice. Followed that up with a slow and creaky dog jog with the Lady for 3 miles on the local trail. So crazy wet around here still.

No run or workout today and I just got back from the orthopedic doctor. They took some x-rays and such, I guess my whonky right knee is mildly arthritic and at this point he recommended cortisone and perhaps synvisc injection down the road. So he does not think there is a major tear so that is good news for now. So had the cortisone shot today and will take it easy until the end of the week and see how it goes.
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:30 AM
wow, you got in to see the doctor quickly! I hope the cortisone helps you
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2019-01-07 4:36 PM
Thanks. It was crazy, I called on Friday and asked for next available with the doctor I've seen in the past and she said 1/4. I told her that was today (today being the day I called). His practice is busy but I always seem to be able to get in quickly.
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:49 PM
That was quick! I hope the cortisone helps.
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2019-01-07 2:04 PM
sending good vibes for the shot to do its magic :cool:
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 2:32 PM
I hope the cortisone shot helps!
Parent - - By george [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:53 AM
4.7ish miles with a coworker at lunch, then some core work after. Sore from yesterday's long run and doing kettlebell swings with LMH.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2019-01-07 12:48 PM
Kettlebell swings will get you every time.: pbbt:
- - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-07 8:44 AM
This school year has felt anything but routine, as they had so many days off last semester.  And then with snow, exams, and break, it’s been about a month since everyone has been in school.  But regular class starts today, and DS1 is back at school hanging out for a week, so this is the closest I’ll get until he leaves for real on the 21st.   Mentally, I keep swinging back and forth.  I really want to get back into a routine, but yet all I want is about 2-3 hours at home to get stuff done and maybe take a nap.  And since I can’t, that makes me want it more. :blush:

Today’s morning workout, I had to be gentle with myself.  I wanted a kick a** workout, but that’s not what I was dealt.  Woke up with the mild, but definitely present, all over body ache soreness that happens post yoga.  So, I tried not to care too much about feeling dead legged and just “ran” with it. :roll::laugh:  And I think I jinxed myself talking about running in the dark.  I did an out/back with a hilly 10 min turn around loop in a nice, but very quiet/rural like neighborhood.  The only car I have ever seen there is a paper person, and I’ve never seen anyone walking/running, etc.  When I started on the loop I crested a hill there was a truck stopped and someone standing in the middle of the road talking to them.  That stretch doesn’t even have any houses.  It sorta spooked me.  There once was a murder/dead body dumped on the edge of the neighborhood and plenty of gang graffti nearby, so I turned around and left. Better safe than sorry.   Gym portion was the P90X chest/shoulders/tris.  I was tired on some, but I felt like I made some good progress in other areas.

I got vision insurance for the first time ever this year, so I went to order DH new contacts.  His prescription is out of date and the doctor won’t renew.  1-800-contacts now has an app to do it over the phone.  It was pretty wild.  I wouldn’t do it if we had any issues, but for something like this and it’s only ~6 months out of date, it was a very nice option to have.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-07 9:39 AM
Yes, you had some sucky weather the past few months! I hope you're done with that!

Good call on turning around. Always trust your instincts!:hug:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-07 10:29 AM
Definitely smart to turn around when you did.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2019-01-07 10:46 AM
Yikes! turning around was wise indeed!
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:31 AM
you have had miserable weather this fall/winter so far. I really hope things start to turn around.

You are making me want to try P90X!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2019-01-07 2:05 PM
better safe than sorry is a good rule to stick by - glad you didn't encounter any issues :happy:
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 2:41 PM
I failed epically this morning at reconnecting with going to the gym, but I'm still glad to have you as a daily motivator to remind me that I really need to do this.
- - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-07 9:27 AM
one more day and then we are back to the routine, but it rally feels like the routine will never start this year! N is still off from school today and goes back tomorrow. It is going to be rough.
Next week would be a full week but R is getting an award and N and I can actually go to the reception. It is a few hours away so I will pick her up early on Tuesday to go to the reception and then we will come back Wednesday, so another short week for her. She is super excited, I may have posted about this when we found out, but it is a state award and the organization wanted to do a video of R, N and I are both in the video and she is just so proud of the whole thing.
Then the following week is MLK day. Basically I feel like we won't get into a routine forever.

Today was 5.8  After several days of cooler mornings today it was warm and humid. Trying to cram in a full day of work during a camp day. Blah.
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-07 9:36 AM
Congrats to R for the award, I read about that when you posted and it is quite extraordinary! I bet N is so proud of her part in it!:laugh::hug:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:32 AM
this may be yet another R award! He had a great 2018 professionally
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-07 10:30 AM
Such a great, a well deserved honor for R!
thanks!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2019-01-07 2:06 PM
so humid this morning - I wore a hat because it was drizzling when I left, of course it stopped after about 15 minutes and then my head was just hot. so I had to take it off. lame
nice Monday distance! :cool:
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 2:42 PM
So cool about R and that you can all celebrate!
- - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-07 9:34 AM
I think PC's kickass run went to me by accident.: pbbt: Since yesterday felt ok, I went for double or nothing this morning, taped up my foot and went out. 24°F, mild wind, and get this- sun! I couldn't help myself, I started pushing almost as soon as I was out the door, felt so good to be outside and moving!:happy: Ended up with 7 ish miles. Tomorrow will be easy though, if the weather holds. We're supposed to get rain and sleet sometime tonight or tomorrow, which means slippery streets. I do miss my treadmill! Spin tonight.

I'm looking forward to getting back in the routine: wake up, coffee, run or spin, work, house stuff, dinner, tv. Boring, but I feel much better when I stick to it than when I don't, which is most of the time.:blush:

Blather: My son's GF turns 21 today.:hug: Now they can get into trouble together!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-07 10:31 AM
Glad the foot is feeling better.
that is great that you were able to have a good run, especially before the shitty weather sets in for you.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2019-01-07 12:47 PM
Cool on the kickass run! I could use on of those.
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2019-01-07 2:06 PM
:cool:
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 2:42 PM
Nice run!
- - By Ed [us] Date 2019-01-07 9:57 AM
Yeah kinda more routine.  Taught 6am spin class this morning for the first time on a Monday since Dec.17 due to abbreviated class schedules on Christmas & New Year's Eves.  Unfortunately, it's "Day 1" of the shower reconstruction project and even though they were available today since work starts after we close tonight, I only had 8 riders in class.  Curiously missing were several women who come to class with their coats & bags so I assume they don't typically even venture into the locker room :wtf: That was disappointing since we got the new(er) bikes yesterday and they are really cool! 

I did the usual core, hip & shoulder exercises after class. I have been out of my routine for those for the past 2 weeks also so nice to get back into it. 

With the expectation that shower work at the gym will commence on schedule tonight (I understand they are working 10pm - 4am since we are open 5am - 10pm) I'll likely go to our other center to swim on my "days off" so I can avail myself of a regular post-swim shower.  I have a drive of ~6.5 miles to either center, either mostly north or mostly southeast so, there's really no "commuting" inconvenience.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-07 10:32 AM
It seems to me that shower reconstruction at the New Year.....when everyone hops on the exercise bandwagon.....is an AWFUL business decision.:roll:
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:58 AM
Ya think? :roll: and SIGH!!!!   

It's not enormously populated as early as I'm in anyway but even less so today :sad:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:33 AM
it is nice to get back into the routine when you can!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2019-01-07 2:07 PM
fingers crossed that the reconstruction stays on schedule
- - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2019-01-07 10:14 AM
Is it back to the routine?  Adjusting well, or not?  Looking forward to getting back to a routine, or not?

4.25 with Benji this morning, we only saw one other runner and a bunny (they were not together) : pbbt:  temp was 64F compared to the 37F on Saturday morning, so who knows what the heck to expect each morning. Will do a weight workout with my mom tonight and take the foster dog out for a long walk.

Saturday was my first day back at it after our 10 day trek around the southwest. I definitely can feel the difference with so many days off (although we walked a lot in Las Vegas) My legs are very sore from doing lunges after my run Sat morning, but they still work, so there's that. I am super ready to be back to a regular schedule!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-07 10:34 AM
I used to think lunges bothered my knees and wouldn't do them. After last year's stress fracture and subsequent PT, I know they (and squats) are my friends.  I do not care for them, but they really do help.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:33 AM
I would love to see someone running with a bunny:laugh:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:29 PM
we only saw one other runner and a bunny (they were not together)
:laugh: Now I'm imagining a bunny on a leash!
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 2:57 PM
In the winter, I miss seeing bunnies when I'm running! :cry:
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-07 10:42 AM
I worked last week, but a lot of people didn't, so I guess this is the first day of routine in the office.  My boss was off for two weeks and has that fresh, New Year energy:roll:, but he is great so I will just smiled and agreed with all the big ideas he mentioned to me in our discussion this morning.:laugh:  Blazergirl leaves for school on Wednesday and the boy is still home for another 12 days or so, so the home routine is not back to normal.  It is odd that I think of "normal" being when they are both gone.:shocker!:

Yesterday, I ran an indoor marathon which was a unique, positive experience. Race report coming soon.  As such, today is a SDO, though I took the dogs on a long walk this morning.  My legs feel good, though my lower back is a tad bit sore.  I suspect that  is the result of over four on a plane the afternoon of a marathon.
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:34 AM
that marathon looked insane. Did it get really hot in the room? It seems that it would...
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-07 12:29 PM
The temperature was said to be 55-58* in the field house.  It was an elevated track which had the middle "empty" as it looked down over basketball courts on the floor below, so it wasn't like being in a gym.  The people assigned to count our laps all wore hoodies or jackets, as it stayed cool and was about as perfect a temperature as I could have hoped for.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:54 AM
oh wow, I didn't realize it was indoors! Well, I guess it would have to be. MN in January.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2019-01-07 12:44 PM
Cool beans about the indoor marathon. Congrats!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2019-01-07 2:34 PM
I cannot imagine running that far on an indoor track - kudos to you for knocking it out!
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 2:57 PM
Looking forward to the report!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-07 3:29 PM
That marathon looked like something I want to do!:cool::cool: I love those kind of "zen" laps. Congrats on another state!
- - By Tim [us] Date 2019-01-07 10:46 AM
Busy week for me. Some work deadlines, plus closing on my new house on Friday.

5 miles this morning

Weekend Kid Sports Report:

WOW!!!

Basketball game #1:
4th quarter: My girls came back from a 5-point deficit to tie the game. Overtime!
Overtime #1: Each team scored a few points but neither team could pull ahead. One of my players hit a tying shot without much time on the clock. Double overtime!
Overtime #2: It looked like my team had the game put away with a 3-point lead and only 14 seconds left. But...we fouled the other team, they hit the first free throw, missed the second, someone grabbed the rebound and scored. Tie game! One of my players launched a buzzer-beater which missed by mere inches. Triple overtime!
Overtime #3: My team was down by 1 point with under a minute to go and it wasn't looking good. Then one of my girls - the same one who hit the tying shot in the 1st overtime - sank a clutch a 3-pointer to put us ahead by 2. The other team got off a buzzer-beater to try to tie the game, but it just missed. My team won 30-28.

(In between my daughter went to dance class and my son went to a tennis clinic)

Basketball game #2:
See-saw battle the whole way. Down the stretch my team had a lead of 3 points. The other team scored to cut the lead to 1 point. Coming out of a timeout, with 14 seconds left, all my girls had to do was play keep-away and run out the clock. But...one of my players decided to launch a shot...and missed...and the other team grabbed the rebound...and they had a chance for a buzzer-beater...but it just missed. My team won 25-24.

Futsal game:
Very close game the whole way. Friendly game (both teams missed the playoffs) so it was intense but pretty laid back at the same time. My team scored with under a minute left in the game to tie it 7-7, and that's how the game ended. Bizarre stuff: The other team's 2nd half goalie got fouled lightly, then flopped/embellished and started wiggling around on the floor and pounding with both fists. I couldn't tell if he was celebrating (getting a penalty called on the other team), or angry (that he got fouled), or injured, or ???  The ref gave my player (the kid who lightly fouled him) a (totally undeserved) yellow card. Earlier in the game the same kid, while playing as a field player, tried to dive under the legs of one of my players on a corner kick but instead created a giant pile of bodies in front of the goal. The other team's coach later told us the kid is on the Autism spectrum - that makes a lot of sense in hindsight. And good for him that he's playing sports and generally doing OK with it.
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:34 AM
wow, that is terrific sporting.

How is the wedding planning going?
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:38 PM
Planning is going well - thanks for asking. Less than 6 weeks!!! By design, we’ve tried to minimize the overall workload and get people to help with lots of things. That way we can spend time on the fun / meaningful parts.:cool:

I’m really looking forward to the big day and so is she. The one bummer is that we’ll still have to wait about a year before we get to live together, as we’ll need to wait for immigration approval - and who knows how long that could take if the government stays shut down for a while:roll:.
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-07 3:34 PM
Wow! You could start your own sports channel on TV. Tim's Wide World of Kid Sports. It could go 24/7.:laugh: When you combine households, will your step kids have sports too?

The wedding's coming up, so exciting!:hug:

Congrats on the new house!
Parent - By Tim [us] Date 2019-01-07 10:33 PM
The soon to be stepdaughters are still a little young for sports stuff (3 and 5), but they'll probably start into something soon enough. Of course, being Canadian, they're both already learning to skate! I won't be coaching hockey if that's what they end up playing. But we'll encourage them to try a wide range of activities, including sports, and see what they really like. And if that's soccer or basketball or possibly something else, and if they're OK with having me as one of the coaches, then sure I'll do some more ("My name is Tim and I have a coaching problem."). Coaching the younger age groups is fun - much more lighthearted, guaranteed to have at least one comedic moment per game or practice, and you can really see tangible progress over the course of a season. My kids are just about aged out of youth sports stuff, so my time commitments there will decrease a lot over the next few years.

Yes, exciting on the wedding:hug:! And the new house:hug:!
- - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 10:55 AM
Back to the routine indeed. Apparently, it will be five full workdays this week. Yikes. :shocker!: Not sure how I'm going to manage that.

8 mi this morning; 10 on Saturday and 15 yesterday.

Baking month is trucking along. Saturday: Peanut Butter-Nutella Coffee Cake. Sunday: Classic Birthday Cake. Today: I believe it will be a batch of granola.
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:35 AM
mmm, what granola will you make? I recently made one with almonds and dried cherries and we are really enjoying it.
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 2:59 PM
Since my current goal is to use up half-packages of ingredients, I will aim to make granola flavored with whatever will allow me to clear out even some small portion of the cupboard. I'm pretty sure I have a small amount of dried cranberries kicking around, so they will most likely get incorporated into the granola. I do have some dried cherries, too.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:52 AM
question about your baking - are you a professional? Is that your blog? Your stuff looks amazing!  Good thing you run so much :laugh: I'd weigh a thousand pounds if I had all of that amazingness in my house.

Ugh five full work days. Thumbs down!
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 3:01 PM
That is my blog. Am I a professional? Hmmm. Kinda? :laugh: I give away most of what I bake. For me, the process is the pleasure, although I'm not going to lie: I had a slab of that coffee cake yesterday, and it was fantastic.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-07 3:37 PM
You're an editor at a gourmet food/cooking magazine and have access to a professional test kitchen! I'd say you're kinda a pro!:hug:  And holy crap, peanut butter nutella coffee cake? Just imagining that made me drool on my keyboard.:shocker!:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2019-01-08 9:35 AM
Impressive coffeecake :shocker!::grin:
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:27 AM
I don't mind. I kind of like Mondays.:blush:

I do have my weight class tonight. I need to get there early to run a little and warm up. I started early today so that should be doable.  I saw where the class will "Body Blast". I have inquired as to whether this is a temporary or permanent change.  Nothing against Body Blast, but I really get enough cardio from running and liked the "Lift" format. :meh: I feel like such an outlier sometimes. I eat carbs, don't do yoga and prefer lifting to blasting.  : pbbt:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:29 PM
I eat carbs, don't do yoga and prefer lifting to blasting.
:laugh:
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 3:01 PM
Yay for carbs!
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2019-01-07 5:20 PM
Yes to all three of those last things!  :cool:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2019-01-08 9:33 AM
:cool:
- - By skigirl Date 2019-01-07 11:37 AM
Definitely happy to get back into a routine.  I did work three days last week but today was the first day back to school for DD and DH. 

Skied 5 km on Saturday and 7.5 km on Sunday.  Rest day today.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2019-01-07 12:20 PM
Good deal on the skiing. Curious how long it takes to ski 5km? I mean for regular athletes.
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 3:05 PM
There's definitely comfort in a routine.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-07 3:38 PM
I miss x-country skiing.  Haven't had decent snow near me in years.:sad:
- - By Mookiethedog Date 2019-01-07 11:41 AM
Poppy turns 50!!! (days)

9km with buddy and dogs.  Coolish but still seasonably warm.  No real change from the routine here. 

Routine day coming up though.....laundry, wood splitting, reading my book, napping, enjoying what looks to be a clear day.  :hug:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:51 AM
oh my goodness, poppy :hug::hug::hug:

what wonderful good fortune do you have to enjoy such a lovely life? Are you retired?
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2019-01-07 2:11 PM
Yes, I have good fortune and a lovely life!  (at least one that I like):hug:

I do work though!  I have a part-time job that keeps me connected with humanity (although that isn't always a good thing).....and this time of year it is good for something to do, although I am never really short of things to do.

:hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-07 2:40 PM
so nice!

and yeah. Humanity. Ugh.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:28 PM
:hug::hug::hug:

Your Monday sounds better than mine. Except for the laundry.
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2019-01-07 2:11 PM
I don't separate colours so my laundry is easy......today however it was puppy blankets :hug:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:35 PM
can we just go ahead and request a Poppy picture for every day?
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2019-01-07 2:13 PM
Yes....just provide your visa # and you're set!:hug:

Seriously though, I will likely keep it going for a while...until she loses the puppy looks and gets ugly:laugh::hug:
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 1:46 PM
So much cuteness! Makes me think I should post some pics of the maniac kitten twins who clearly have a future in home demo ahead of them.
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2019-01-07 2:14 PM
Why not?!  :hug:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2019-01-07 2:59 PM
Oh please do! And if you can get Mr. Bun reaction shots, even better! :laugh:
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 3:05 PM
We've been allowing the kittens and Feline Prime to mingle in controlled situations, but yesterday during a little meet-and-greet, Clementine hissed 3x at Feline Prime. (I think she was just dishing it back at him after his icy greeting to the kittens.)
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2019-01-07 5:19 PM
How big is she going to be?  Those paws don't look so dainty!  :hug:
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2019-01-08 11:15 AM
I think she will be "big" but I have no idea really as the daddy is "unknown" :hug:
- - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:50 AM
enjoyed my run today - perfect weather. Sunny, low 30s, no wind. It's been great to get back outside to run some. 3.85 miles, some on hilly trail, some on flat trail. Just enjoying getting back into it.

We didn't do a whole lot for the holidays this year - fine by me - so it doesn't feel too different. I have a ton of work to do to catch up from the fall, so I'm pretty much back at it. Also, we always go to Vermont for a week at the end of January (time share), so that's something nice to look forward to post-holidays. Both sets of grandparents will be there too, which means yay, babysitting!

Speaking of babies, Emery will be 3 months old tomorrow!  :shocker!::hug:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2019-01-07 12:17 PM
Yay for running outdoors!  :cool:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:28 PM
Emery :hug::hug: 3 months already? :shocker!:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:38 PM
right?? :hug::cry: she is getting so big. Definitely not my squishy little newborn anymore.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2019-01-07 4:16 PM
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:36 PM
your weather does sound lovely, minus the sun : pbbt:
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 3:06 PM
Where in Vermont are you heading? That will be a great trip!
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:28 PM
I am back to my routine, and I love it! I am not adjusting well so far because my body decided to wake me up at 3am and not let me go back to sleep. :cry: This week isn't routine because I am out of the office Wednesday at a client 2 hours away in PA and then at another client in NYC on Thursday, so that mixes things up a bit. I like non-standard weeks but it makes it difficult to get all my work done in a timely manner.

I had a weekend of run fails to start off the new year. :meh: Saturday it was cold and rainy so I made the decision to move my long run to Sunday, when it was just going to be cold. I biked on Saturday instead, intending to do an easy Zwift route, but somehow I ended up on a king of the mountain route. :wtf::shocker!: It was not easy! Sunday morning my gallbladder hurt so I put my run off until the afternoon, when my gallbladder still hurt :mutmad: so I just jumped on the bike trainer again for 1.25 hours. I intended on getting up early today to get in 10 miles but that was a no go due to the aforementioned insomnia, and I ended up not running at all. :meh:

I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist on 1/31, that's the earliest they could get me in. This is a new doctor that I haven't been to before, so I can get a second opinion. Every time I'm in pain DH wants to take me to the hospital, which I guess is lovely but it's not hospital-level pain yet. And it's not all the time. So I'm going to try to hang on till the 31st and then see what the doctor thinks. I talked to my running coach and he says if I can't run then I should bike for the same amount of minutes I would have run, so that I don't lose tons of fitness. I am wondering if the blood sugar issues I had last week are related to the gallbladder, so hopefully the doctor can shed some light on that. DH is not only concerned that I'll burst my gallbladder while running, he's also concerned that I will pass out, so he doesn't want me running at all, but if I feel fine I will go out for a run but just stick close to home in case I need to bail for any reason. Good times! : pbbt:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:38 PM
ugh - that's a long wait to see the dr. I hope that things ease up for you between now and then with the pain. :sad:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-07 2:42 PM
oh gosh, the gallbladder woes sound so rough - and you have to wait so long! :cry: Take care of yourself and be conservative.
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 3:06 PM
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2019-01-07 4:41 PM
I am sorry about your health woes. Maybe you should postpone any hard racing until you get that issue resolved? I don't know. I get those weird blood sugar things maybe once or twice a year. They are so strange when they happen. I typically can walk them off in 10-15 minutes but it so awful when it hits.
- - By nooner [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:43 PM
5 elliptical miles.

Most people are back today so it feels more like a regular Monday. We get back into rehearsals and that’s what really defines our regular schedule so that will be good. We have a short time until a concert at the end of February so we have to get on top of the music.

I must have done too much over the weekend as the knee was pretty sore. I made sure to do some of the exercises I found last week before hopping on the elliptical and those helped.
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 3:07 PM
How did the volunteering go?
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2019-01-07 5:13 PM
Volunteering was fun but put some strain on the knee. The weather was pretty nice, but the trails were super muddy from all of the rain we’ve been having.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2019-01-07 4:38 PM
Be sure to keep up with those exercises. I found it the best way to reduce the swelling. My one knee was super stiff after the procedure back in 2011. Felt like concrete was in there in a way. I think I did the set of exercise 3 times a day. Keep at it and happy recovery.
Parent - By SRoo Date 2019-01-07 5:18 PM
5 ET miles is a lot!
- By SRoo Date 2019-01-07 5:17 PM
Ow ow ow!  I collided with my dog and fell on my knee.  She was supposed to jump over an obstacle with me crossing behind her.  Instead, she hesitated and I ran into her.  Boom! Onto the floor.  As I tried to collect myself, she hopped merrily over the jump and then came schnorffling over to me for a treat.  Lassie would have gone for help.  :meh:

Luckily I lifted in the morning, because I don't think I'm up for much exercise tonight.  I might gently spin on the bike for a bit.

I'm not back into the post-holiday routine yet.  Maybe next week.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Mundane Monday Dailies