Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Let's get Monday started (1/7/19)
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-07 6:28 AM
Good morning everyone.  What do you suppose Monday will give you?
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-07 6:33 AM
I have a Christmas mug of coffee and a rainy day.  I don't feel like going out and getting wet with the dog before I go help at the animal shelter. Then again, smelling like a wet dog kind of fits the secenario today.

I have a fridge crowded with leftovers from our playoff party yesterday.  I will need to play Tetris with some Ziploc bags and my freezer.  My pie, the first apple I've baked in 30 years, was a hit so there's only a sliver for Lee and I to fight over.  I think it was the crumb topping.:grin:

As always, yoga later.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2019-01-07 6:51 AM
It's back to reality.  Meetings and more meetings!

I think we are in for overcast skies.  I'm meeting a friend at 10 to go over some logistics for the retreat and have a meeting this evening.  And I need to get my workout done.

Not much going on.

Thanks for the start Dawn.  That apple pie sounds delicious.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-07 6:52 AM
How many are signed up for the retreat?  Did you get a good response?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2019-01-07 7:04 AM
We have 14 so far but they usually start coming in as the retreat gets closer.   The directors are starting to hear some of the talks that will be given and so far they are on point. 

I'm looking forward to the retreat.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2019-01-07 7:07 AM
Ok, ok...I have news to share.  I was waiting for a good time or clever announcement, but nothing comes to mind.

This is my last week of unemployment.  I will start working part time next week at our parish as the finance coordinator.  I am excited and looking forward to using my skills and experience and making a positive impact.

Whew...it's off my chest!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-07 7:36 AM
Very good news, congratulations!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2019-01-07 8:21 AM
Sounds like a good way to go.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2019-01-07 12:15 PM
Does this mean no more starting the daily???:shocker!:   Hope it also makes a positive impact on your check book.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2019-01-07 12:26 PM
Oh I will be able to start the daily.  It will help the checkbook some, but more importantly it will help my well being!   I've worked at a parish office before and by far, that has been my favorite job.  I'm looking forward to talking to people and helping the parish staff make their jobs more efficient.  Oh and having to use my noggin' again!

Only 5 miles from my house and the hours are flexible -- win, win!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2019-01-07 2:24 PM
Congratulations!! That's great news!!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-07 7:09 AM
A nice 50 degree morning.  Ran 8 miles. 

Makayla got home from Michigan around 10:00 last night.  She said that Michigan is "beautiful" and that she had a great time.  We didn't talk long.  Tonight I'll get more details about her weekend trip. 

School is now in session.  It's a 5-day workweek.  Haven't seen that in a while.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-07 7:37 AM
back to reality - have a good (though long) week.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2019-01-07 12:16 PM
But do you get off next Monday for MLK?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2019-01-07 12:26 PM
I do!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:16 PM
Yep.  But, it's the 21st.:grin:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2019-01-07 8:16 AM
Good morning! Monday has already given me sunshine, and warm weather! The good news here is that I am feeling almost human again after being sick! The bad news is that Ray is now sick. I spoke to Nick last night and he also has the crud.:sad: Ray is working from home today.

I am hoping to get out for a walk with Brady in a little while. I went out and walked him up and down our driveway and around our yard yesterday and I was amazed at how quickly I became winded after being sick. Hopefully, today will be a little better!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-07 10:24 AM
did you all get flu shots or is this just the normal winter crud?
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:05 AM
I'm the only one who got a flu shot here. I'm thinking this is just the "normal winter crud".......
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2019-01-07 8:16 AM Edited 2019-01-07 8:19 AM
I ate something yesterday that had my stomach doing flips which affected my sleep, but I wanted to start a more regular workout routine this week,  so I got up and ran early. Just 2.67 miles and a set of a core routine but better than sleeping in.

Now I'm at the eye doc waiting.... This place is always the worst.  Why say 9:00 when they know it will be closer to 10:00? I should be working and getting caught up after my 3.5 day weekend and not sitting in a waiting room.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-07 10:26 AM
way to commit to a regular workout routine!  You overcame your mind (and your stomach) - victory.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2019-01-07 12:18 PM
How was your birthday dinner?  Hopefully that's not what caused issues.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2019-01-07 2:23 PM
Glad to hear you were tougher than whatever had your stomach doing flips! I ate something last night that made my stomach do flips, and I did it KNOWING what would happen! Today is day one of my latest attempt to give up eating meat, and I had to have one last chili dog-which was actually a foot-long dog. I ate it around 8 last night, and I'm pretty sure I won't be craving one of those again for a while! I hope you didn't have to wait TOO long at the eye doc.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2019-01-07 12:54 PM
Hello all. Ran 7.13 miles this morning.
Sam and college kids heading home from Indianapolis today.
Sam just texted me and said she got pulled over by a cop for going To Slow in the fast lane :laugh: Got a warning.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:19 PM
Wow!  Maybe Sam should let one of the kids drive.: pbbt:
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2019-01-07 1:21 PM
I guess she's not in a hurry to see me :laugh:
3 of the kids have licenses and they are taking turns. Hopefully the boys are driving faster.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:30 PM
I thought only Ohio drivers did that?
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2019-01-07 1:35 PM
I think she was in Ohio when pulled over. So maybe they are cracking down.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-07 2:42 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2019-01-07 1:52 PM
E-A-G-L-E-S  Oh my oh my.   Game of inches. Replays that even the replay officials couldn't figure out.  I still can't believe we won.

Clothing Bank today, I took 7 volunteers from church.   They worked all morning, and thought they made a dent.  Then Tom comes back with a truck load of clothing from another church clothing drive. 

Was hoping to run this afternoon and now it's sleeting.  We will see.

Tom in DE
- - By rungear [us] Date 2019-01-07 9:35 AM
Good Monday Masters.

After Meals on Wheels - 3ish miles on the Iron Horse Trail in Danville.

Rain was awesome the past few days in the East Bay, and when it rains here It snows at Tahoe, North Star received close to 20 inches of snow in the past two days.

The next system is coming on Wednesday, rain where I am - and many inches of snow at Tahoe.

looking like no drought this year

Have a good week.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-07 10:27 AM
rain or snow, all good.  As long as we are drought free.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Let's get Monday started (1/7/19)