Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-07 6:14 AM
:meh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-07 6:19 AM
--Today is the 1 year passing of my dad. :sad:

--Crazy windy. One good thing about the wind is that Sarge does not like it which means he stays in his doghouse all night and is quiet.

--I’m in Dadeville all day. Six different lessons. It took a bit of preparation but I think I’m ready to go.

--Poor Meadow. Her mind tells her she wants to go outside and hunt and play and her body just won’t let her. It’s killing her mama.

--Thumb is so much better. Most the pain is gone but it’s still catching just a little. Last time it took pretty much the entire 2 weeks for the cortisone to fully take effect.

--Training for Fargo starts today. Of course it’s a day where I’m working non stop from 7 a.m.-6 p.m. :meh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2019-01-07 6:28 AM
1 year :sad:

Is today the first day back to school for kids? I'm sure they will enjoy your lessons instead of regular school work for sure
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-07 6:34 AM
Oh my gosh, it's been a year?!? So sorry :sad::hug:

Poor Meadow. It is so sad when our babies get old

I am totally stoked for your Fargo training cycle.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-07 6:43 AM
:sad: On the anniversary.  :hug: to you and your family.

Poor Meadow.  :sad::hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-07 6:52 AM
Wow, a year:cry:

Poor Meadow:cry:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2019-01-07 6:27 AM
Good morning! I was off work last week and never seem to check in when I'm not on my laptop. Hope everyone had a nice New Year holiday!

Had 2 power surges last night - both accompanied by what I think was a transformer blowing as I heard a loud crash each time. When this happens the light in B's room turns off and his sound machine turns off too. The first time I was able to get the light off, sound on, and reset the baby monitor OK. The second time he started stirring right after I turned the light off so I waited. Tried 20 min later when he looked asleep and he caught me in his room :cry:

that lead to rocking him for 20 min, him screaming when I put him down and him taking an hour (or more) to fall asleep. I felt terrible.  Now he's still sleeping almost an hour later than usual. Good thing I can work from home until he finally wakes up.

My mouth is a mess. Despite 2 adjustments to my crown my bite is still off. Dentist said it is fine but obviously it isn't. She said sometimes after dental work your jaw can be out of alignment. She ran a test to check but I haven't heard back. I might ask my chiro today if he can do anything for it because it is getting to where I seem to now be pushing on my front teeth, especially in my sleep, and that worries me. Why is this so difficult to get right.

Pretty sure I'm switching dentists after this because I've never needed more dental work than when I switched to this one and it always seems to have complications. Unfortunately my old one is across town and not convenient at all but I might do it anyway for peace of mind.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-07 6:35 AM
Welcome back! Sorry you had such a rough night :sad:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-07 6:45 AM
That's good that you can work from home and let B sleep.  Too bad you couldn't sleep more too.  :sad:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-07 6:54 AM
Definitely a rough night! I hope tonight is better for you all:hug:

Good luck with your bite. After my first crown I had a dentist tell me, well sometimes you have to get braces to fix it. Um NO. WTH. Fix it. I ended up switching dentists.

Nice to see ya!:hug: I don't post much when I'm off work either.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2019-01-07 8:07 AM
yikes! That sort of sounds like mine. I can tell she's tired of me coming in for it to get fixed. She made a comment about how most people are just fine but that I have a weird bite and I'm more perceptive to issues (??) basically saying that other people could live with it but I can't. Uhhh no, I literally have had pain since this all started back in November and it keeps changing spots so my mouth is obviously trying to compensate for it but it isn't really working.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-07 6:32 AM
~So excited! Melissa's training cycle starts today :grin::hug::grin::hug::grin:

~Took a couple days off running. Really sore Sat so I took it off. Felt somewhat better yesterday, still a bit sore, but after lunch my stomach really went South so...hopefully back at it today. Ate my bfast and my belly is so-so. So...

~You can take your live trees to a big parking lot in town and Parks and Rec recycles them. Of course some jackass set the whole pile on fire last night :roll:

~3 more shootings Sat night. One car shot up, one house shot up and one dude shot in the stomach.

~Haha Chefs are 0-4 against the Colts in the playoffs. I predict they get their ass handed to them Sat.

~This Spring it will be 22 years at this job :cry::cry::cry:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-07 6:45 AM
I hope you feel better today.  :hug:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-07 6:47 AM
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-07 6:55 AM
I'd say congrats on the job but............:cry:

We donate our trees to the animal sanctuaries around town. They use them for the animals. I'd bet that fire was fun to watch go up, but I bet it didn't take long!
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-07 6:56 AM
Yeah I'm sure it went FAST

they normally put the trees in lakes and ponds to provide some cover for fish

some of it they just mulch
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2019-01-07 8:07 AM
Funny my prediction on the game is the same except I see the Colts on the losing end. We will see!

22 years?!? WOW
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-07 6:42 AM
*Well, it's back to a regular week.  Crap.  And my coffee was just not good this morning.  :sad:  Didn't stop me from drinking all of it, but blech. 

*In the coffee maker saga, the new one I bought is still leaking.  Bill examined it and found out the reservoir has a crack.  :sad:  I did actually find the receipt.  I'd better be able to take it back, it's leaked since when I got it.  This morning's bad coffee was courtesy of an old pot I'm using in the meantime.

*We did an escape room last night.  That was fun, and Joseph and I finally escaped.  It was easier with 4 of us instead of 2.  :laugh:  But I have to say, the other rooms we did in Indy were cooler than the local one here in Valpo.  I wish they weren't so expensive or we'd do them more often.

*We went to the outlet mall on Saturday.  We had fun and found a couple things.  Marie and I got tights at Old Navy.  I kind of want to go back for a second pair after wearing mine.  They were a great deal at $12.

*Why is my calendar app all the sudden deciding I need an alert before events?  And do I have to go turn off every single one of them?  When I never turned them on to begin with?  :mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:

*Feeling like a Monday here...
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-07 6:49 AM
I HATE getting notifications on my google calendar. I KNOW I never set any of them. I went through this stretch where I was getting a notification for everyone's birthday. 10 minutes in advance. So yeah, at 11:50pm every night. :mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-07 9:13 AM
I manually turned off the one this morning and set it to never remind, and not even joking, it went off again 10 minutes later.  :mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-07 7:01 AM
Always wanted to do an escape room. No one will go with me....:mutmad:

Yup, regular work week here, too. yay...........:roll:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2019-01-07 8:08 AM
I'd like to try an Escape Room sometime but haven't. Glad you made it out!

When does Marie go back to school?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-07 9:10 AM
Marie's classes start next Monday.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-07 7:09 AM
7 aside soccer started yesterday. Omg :cry::cry: got my ass handed to me. Whatever. Also strained/sprain my right elbow. Ligaments, tendons or something. Hurts to straighten today. Or to bend. Or even brush my hair. Can't even pick up my coffee mug with it. But resting on the desk and typing is mostly ok, so there is that. :roll::meh:

One week of Whole 30 done. Yay me. I absentmindedly took a mint in church from my mom yesterday. I realized it right when I chewed it up. Whoops. That is the only breach I have had.  Very proud of that. I came very close to breaking and eating a peppermint white chocolate hershey's bar Santa brought me, but i didn't.

Time to branch out and plan even better for meals. I've basically relied on salad and chicken and nuts. That is ok flavor-wise but my stomach is very much over it. I found a couple recipes I'm going to try but for this week Rip and I made my beef stew last night for lunches.

Scrambles eggs with coconut milk are almost indistinguishable from regular milk eggs.:grin: Might try coconut milk for my coffee instead of almond milk. Nut pods is disgusting. Too much oil in my coffee. But it was worth a try.

Ripley's indoor soccer training starts tomorrow.

And Tj starts Ballet, tap, jazz class tomorrow. Can't wait!:grin:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-07 7:27 AM
Great job getting through the first week! After about 10 days you're home free!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-07 7:54 AM
There is a calendar about what you are going through. Like you mentioned Tiger blood. I basically crashed and napped most of Saturday and when i was awake i didn't feel like it. Looks like I was right on track with the whole 30 calendar:laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2019-01-07 8:10 AM
Great job on getting through week 1! I bet that is the hardest. I need to try something like that but our meal planning has been non-existent lately. I'm also not sure on breakfast stuff as I don't think I could eat eggs every day for breakfast
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:04 AM
I love eggs! But when i wake up late i just grab carrots and cauliflower and apples and off I go!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-07 9:12 AM
:cry: on the rough soccer game.  I hope your elbow heals quickly.  :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-07 11:07 AM
Thanks. Starting to think it is more muscle than anything else. Which is good. Will heal more quickly. I'm so so sore right now I'm taking extra laps around the office just to keep limber. The soccer soreness is a real thing. Esp as a keeper when I hit the ground so many times. Next week will be better. Always fun to start off with 2 games on the same day. Just to kick your body into gear:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Monday RTTs