Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Seriously Sunday DAILIES
- - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-06 2:54 PM
Seriously, what have you got?

Post 'em, along with any interesting blather!
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2019-01-06 6:07 PM
I'll reply, thank you. : pbbt: Seriously, 6.5 miles on trails around Lake Pinchot early this afternoon. :happy: The sun was bright (even blinding sometimes) through the winter trees, with a significant wind but temps in the comfortable mid-40s. About half the run was on the lakeside trail but the other half away from the lake on hills. Normally this time of year the trails are frozen or covered in snow or ice, but today a lot of them were fun gooshy mud and puddles. :cool: Let's say it was a good shower afterwards.

Now watching the Eagles beating te Bears :cool: and tabulating the votes for HOF inductees to be announced later this evening. :wink:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-06 8:46 PM
Sounds like a nice run and a relaxing Sunday!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2019-01-06 9:03 PM
I'll take comfortable 40s and a little mud any day over snow and ice.
- - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-06 3:09 PM
I was serious this morning when I got up early to get my butt to a club run, something I haven't done in literally years. Many years, been so long I don't remember the last one I've been to. I taped up my foot, put on the Hokas with the thickest cushion, and met a friend for a test run. She's coming back from various uglies herself and didn't mind taking it slowly and cautiously, and...

while I wouldn't call it 100%, I'd say it was a successful run. 5 miles on a very hilly route. My foot actually felt better while running than it does when I'm walking around (maybe different positions, different shoes?), but as we were walking about a 1/2 mile back to the host house, my arch and toes started to get that burning feeling again. Definitely something going on with the nerves. So I guess I'll start with short runs, maybe 3 a week, and keep up the spinning 4-5 times a week and see where I am in a month.:wtf:

Btw, this club run was the famous, annual, Run for the Oats. My friend Sharon puts it on every January, and the spread is unbelievable. There's an oatmeal station with a huge pot of slow-cooked oatmeal, and a table with everything- bagels, fruit, quick breads, cobbler, sweets... So much effort goes into it and everyone appreciates it. Lots of people come.:happy:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-06 3:19 PM
I'm glad for a success test. Fingers crossed that an upward trend continues.

The run (food) sounds amazing
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-06 8:47 PM
Thanks!
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2019-01-06 3:49 PM
So you started up with the group just before the big event...:wink: Sounds like not a coincidence to me. : pbbt:

Glad you had a decent run.:cool:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-06 8:47 PM
Nothing to see here... Move along.

: pbbt:
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-06 6:33 PM
:happy:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-06 8:48 PM
:hug:
- - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-06 3:17 PM
Not much here. Just sitting down after doing the minimum weekly chores. Vacuuming tires me out like nothing else. 1:30 each week and I'm usually in a foul mood once it's done. Today was no exception. Also did the bathrooms and Walmart. The kids did the chom choming (de-cat hair the upholstery.) Did have one more laundry load to shift to the dryer, but laundry for me is easy. 8-9 loads in a weekend sounds like a lot, but in reality no biggie.

Off day from running. I walked for an hour this morning. We had sun! And blue sky! Clouds covered it up since, but still no rain. Then I did a 60 min yoga video. It was fun. Lots of headstand stuff. My headstand to crow needs work again (big fail today), but it's been two years since I did that. But I did several real nice pike presses => go to headstand from straight legs on ground using only core. And then keep tapping them straight legged on ground/bringing back up.  Really hard but fun.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2019-01-06 6:25 PM
Gotta love the sun! :cool:

Nice xtraining today. :happy:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-06 6:34 PM
Sun!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-06 8:51 PM
I read your post quickly the first time around, and got stuck on "vacuuming tires." I was all, why is she vacuuming her tires?:wtf::wtf:  Then I read the rest of the sentence. I need to slow down.:roll:

Pike press!:cool:  My neighbor is a yoga instructor, she's always telling me about that move!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2019-01-06 9:05 PM
Glad you got the chores done. I find it much easier to workout than I do to clean house.  : pbbt:
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2019-01-06 4:01 PM
I got up and ran with the Sunday group. The route as we did it was 8.5 and it was a nice run.

I really need to get a working Garmin. I'm thinking about just a 35, but keep hearing I "need" a 235. 

I've been spending money on Christmas presents, car tires, a new floor a new area rug for the new floor and even clothes (something I don't do very often) and feel reluctant to spend more. We have a kid in college who is about to exhaust their college fund and I'm considering dental implants because "it's time".  It's been a serious case of some pent up demand.   The money is there, I' m just not the big spender type. 

Not looking for sympathy just wondered how do people shell out money for running watches when everything else seems so much more important?  :wtf:
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2019-01-06 6:23 PM
Nice. :happy:

I've got an old (305) Garmin that still is working great but I'm waiting for it to die. Unfortunately not in the loop for what's out there now.

I understand what you're saying but it sounds to me that you deserve and can justify a new running watch...that and you are important too! :hug:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-06 8:58 PM
My garmin was a relatively inexpensive model. As for justifying it, what can be more important?: pbbt: The cost of college is so huge that buying the watch or not will have no effect, so I'd lean toward buying it.:laugh:
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2019-01-06 4:24 PM
11.3 mile loop around Lake Monona with my wife and a friend.
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2019-01-06 6:14 PM
Ahhh.....nicely done. :hug:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-06 6:34 PM
:blush:
- - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-06 5:50 PM
A 10k step walk this morning followed by a 6 mile run on the treadmill while watching the Eagles.

I can confirm that this year's flu shot is 100% ineffective. :mutmad:
Parent - - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2019-01-06 6:13 PM
:sad: So far my shot is effective (knock knock) but the real test will be in the next 2-3 weeks as the germs multiply and spread from the PA farm show this week.

Dang Bears just took the lead. :mutmad:
Parent - - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-06 7:01 PM
Hey - Bears just lost the lead
Parent - By jaszflamus (I like wool!) Date 2019-01-06 7:19 PM
The team that leads at the end is what matters...whew! :cool:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-06 8:54 PM
Are you sure it's the flu? I mean, flu shots are never highly effective, but often viruses are mistaken for the flu, too.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-07 3:08 AM
This. If you have the flu, you wouldn't be running 6 miles and walking 10K steps. Walking to the bathroom would be a major ordeal for a full week. But if you do definitely have it and can run, then I'd say the shot was effective because it is supposed to lessen the severity if you do get it
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-07 8:18 AM
Additionally, the flu shot provides protection against what is expected to be the most dominant flu strain of the season. That won't mean that you're not susceptible to other flu strains should you be exposed to them. In that case, though, I think that the vaccine can mitigate the symptoms of the other strain.
- - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-06 6:35 PM
15.3. Longest run in a while. Ham felt good. Blustery with snow flurries off Cayuga Lake.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-06 8:54 PM
Nice!
- - By Ed [us] Date 2019-01-06 7:01 PM
I swam 1000 meters this morning. 

Shortened it up because as I got to the gym they were unloading the much newer bikes from our "sister center" that closed.  I ran into the fitness director in the hallway and he mentioned something about arranging them in the room...since there are 5 more than we had previously. So, I got up to the cycling room after my swim & the bikes are nicer than I thought! :happy: Just hope I get a reasonable number of riders tomorrow since it's the first advertised day of no showers :sad:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-06 8:55 PM
New bikes! Sweet! Are these the ones that will show output?
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2019-01-07 3:37 AM
Yes, power, aka watts.
- By sideshowbob Date 2019-01-07 7:07 AM
5 Gallomiles early on a dark and dreary morning with Mark Knopfler and Emmy Lou for company . Great running mates .

Later did  2 miles with 2 good buds which ended with a home made pasta dinner including  home brewed vine ..Fantastic
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Seriously Sunday DAILIES