Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekend Workouts
- - By runningteach [us] Date 2019-01-06 8:06 AM
What did you do?
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2019-01-06 8:08 AM
It’s quiet here, but I had a good run and wanted to post it. I feel much stronger and my pace dropped. Thank goodness because it was bad. Hoping to continue running and staying healthy. I do have carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands and have to get tested to see what step to take.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2019-01-06 9:34 AM
It's great to hear that you are feeling stronger!  Sorry about the carpal tunnel, but at least it shouldn't stop you from running. :wink:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2019-01-06 3:44 PM
Great work on the running stronger! :hug: Best luck with the carpal tunnel thing.
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2019-01-06 9:33 AM
A weekend thread! :grin:

I just got in from a 16-mile run.  It was a good run overall, though my legs were getting tired by the end.  I've been having trouble with calf tightness.  I guess I need to do a better job of keeping them stretched.  Anyway, I headed out in a direction I rarely go in the summertime.  Not needing to stop and refill a water bottle (and not having the option to do so because they shut off the water fountain in the winter) means I range out in other directions a bit more.  The route was pretty quiet, though I did see one other runner!  I also made a loop through a neighborhood that had sidewalks on both sides of the street and probably a half dozen benches in 1.5 miles.

My oldest sister and her DH are passing through today on their way back from visiting DH's family.  Other than that I need to do some laundry and probably go to the grocery store.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2019-01-06 1:41 PM
Nice run! It must be nice to have a change of scenery.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2019-01-06 3:57 PM
Great work on the 16 miler! :grin::cool:
Our water fountains are also shut off for winter, but the parks service bathroom is heated so we can at least get water from the sink there.
- - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2019-01-07 5:56 AM
I did my first run with the new group on Sunday morning. It was good, I did a total of 2.5 about 5 minutes on and a minute or so of walking. Still coughing up a lung but I'm almost 100% over the virus now. After I took G with a friend and her kids and did an easy hike around a lake at a county park. It was perfect weather and a great way to get him out and moving off the xbox couch so about another 2 miles of walking which included many frequent selfie stops (tweens.....). Then yoga later that day to loosen up from the running. The foot is fine which is the better news.

We took down the tree too...I get very sad after taking down the tree. Christmas is just gut wrenching all around I guess combined with E's birthday this weekend. We didn't do a big celebration or anything, last year we had invited his friends to release balloons in his memory but going forward it doesn't seem to make sense. His friends are going to move on. Not that they will forget him but they have lives too now and are teenagers. I think they will remember him more when they get older and look back.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2019-01-07 8:29 AM
:hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Weekend Workouts