Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday! 1/5/19
- - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-05 9:45 AM
First Saturday of 2019.  What's happening?
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-05 9:47 AM
Melissa and I rarely eat out.  My dad gave us a gift certificate to Bob Evans for Christmas so this morning we had breakfast there.  There were few people there and it was nice to have a leisurely breakfast with Melissa and enjoy the morning. 

I got up early and ran 11 miles.  The air was crisp and the sky star-filled.  Nice dark morning run over a tall steep hill that always knocks the breath out of me and since it is out and back I get that hill twice.  The view up there is great.  I can see the lights at Fort Knox which is several miles away across acres of farmland. 

Makayla texted me and is enjoying meeting Jordan's family in Michigan.  She texted me a photo of the Michigan countryside where she is staying.

Just relaxing at home today as I charge up for a full work week next week.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-05 11:28 AM
What a great start to your weekend.   Is Jordan riding back with Makayla or is she going solo?  Either way Lisa and Jacob are still on call if she needs anything.

I like Bob Evan's biscuits with honey.:happy:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-05 11:47 AM
Jordan is riding back with Makayla.  He doesn't have a vehicle.  His car broke down last summer and was not or could not be repaired.  Jordan is a full time student at Boyce College with Makayla, but also works full time on campus as well, so he begins work on Monday.  I'm glad Makayla won't be alone tomorrow.  Thanks again.  I mentioned to Makayla how I "knew" someone in Lansing who could help her if she got into a bind.  She exclaimed, "What?!?"  When I explained she said, "You still post on runango.":laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-05 1:08 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-05 11:31 AM
I had a nice chat with Amy early this morning, then a couple mile dog walk and then headed out for 5.  I was trying for mile repeats but it really didn't work out that way.  Beautiful running weather though; mid 30's and plentiful sunshine.

My goal each year is to run outside at least once each month of winter.  so far I haven't been forced inside at all.  Just jinxed that I suppose.:wink:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-05 11:54 AM
Sun and 30s is nice for running.  After an unusual wintry November, we've had a much milder December and beginning of January.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2019-01-05 12:05 PM
Mike, Murray State, I believe located in KT.

Before Christmas we recorded a Christmas Program with wonderful music and choirs celebrating Christmas.   They were very very good.

Have a happy, healthy, good 2019!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2019-01-05 12:37 PM
Happy Saturday.  An Intensive Gloom Warning has been issued by the National Weather Service for all of Delaware.  Expect soggy, dreary, misty conditions to continue for the rest of the day.  In other words a cold, damp yucky sucky day outside.  I really don't feel like running in it. 

Took down the Christmas decorations at church and packed up lots of leftover socks and underwear.  That's good.  It can be used throughout the year. 

Eagles vs Bears.  Wawa from Tom   Angelos from Dawn.    
           Bears coach Matt Naggy lived here in Newark while he played football at UofD.  He grew up just a few miles from Mark Oles.  Your forum inside tidbit for the day. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-05 1:12 PM
learn something new every day.

Lee just decided we're having a playoff party.  Burgers and brats on the grill and I'm baking an apple pie.  How soon can you be here?  No admission fee for those wearing blue and orange. :wink:

Don't the 2 coaches have some past history too?  Something to do with Andy Reid?  Or did I hear that wrong?   Anyway...I guess all the cool kids live in Newark!  I hope it's a good game.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2019-01-05 1:15 PM
Hope you enjoy the coffee dnaffster.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-05 1:18 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2019-01-05 1:20 PM
Started the morning having coffee with the guys.  Came home and refused breakfast in lieu of a run.  Brooke and Athena came with me to the park for 2.2 miles. The dog was an excellent partner.  Never any formal training but she trotted right next to us and never pulled to smell stuff.

Eventually, lunch with the kids and then a trip to Best Buy to browse running watches for Brooke.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-05 2:19 PM
Athena needs to give Misha a lesson or two.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2019-01-05 8:25 PM
Oh my goodness, just now having a chance to sit down.  I had a mini retreat today and then went furniture shopping. 

I did not get a workout today and boy do I miss it.

Hope everyone enjoyed their Saturday; it was nice and sunny here!

Good night, sweet dreams.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday! 1/5/19