Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Friday Dailies
- - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-04 9:19 AM
Hello, hello this fine Friday. The sun is out here for the first time since 1964 I think. Rest day for me though I will likely walk a couple miles just to be out in the sun.

What day of the week were you born? And, what's your favorite day of the week? I was born on a Friday and it has always been my favorite day. Even before I knew I was born on a Friday.

Monday's child is fair of face
Tuesday's child is full of grace
Wednesday's child is full of woe
Thursday's child has far to go
Friday's child is loving and giving
Saturday's child works hard for his living
And the child that is born on the Sabbath day is bonny and blithe, and good and gay.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2019-01-04 10:11 AM
I did the gym stuff last night, and since I was not time pressed I decided to run 3 miles on the treadmill. There was a cute young girl walking next to me, so of course I pushed the pace a few times. Well that's not really true. I did push/change the pace every 1/4 mile but that was my plan before the cute girl showed up. She was yacking away with her friend anyway. Much different than outdoor runs. Not sure of run today. Right knee is achey. Time to see the orthopod I suppose.

I checked and see I was born on a Monday. Monday is definitely not my favorite day. I would have to go with Saturday as my favorite. Sunday is great but there is that whole Sunday night leads to Monday morning thing involved. Friday is pretty good too, but I have a lot of work nonsense (time entry, status reports) that I have to do on Friday.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2019-01-04 10:46 AM
Sorry to hear about the achey right knee, but nice run!
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-04 10:52 AM
Yeah, bite the bullet and get it checked out :hug:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-04 11:23 AM
ugh, sorry about the achey knee. that is no fun at all.

hope you had a nice break!
Parent - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-04 12:03 PM
The cute girl on the next treadmill never pays attention to me either.  Maybe we should run together - two young studs like us are sure to garner attention!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-04 12:13 PM
My favorite runs has always included yacking to a friend.  ALWAYS!!
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:00 PM
Whatever works for motivation, these days!:laugh::laugh:

My son was born on a Saturday. He's a lazy little shit.:meh:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 3:27 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 3:29 PM
Hope the knee is nothing major. :hug: whatever helps to get you through the run, right? :wink:
Parent - - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2019-01-04 1:28 PM
So today is two easy miles along the embarcadero.  Since I'm reporting now I'm now gonna have to be accountable for them.

I was born on a Friday which is also my favorite day.  Nowadays it means dancing Friday nights (I might make it to midnight tonight) and looking forward to sleeping in and payday every other week.

Loving and Giving.  I try...
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-04 1:29 PM
:happy:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:04 PM
I love Fridays too! There's so much hope for the weekend. It's kind of like the start of a big race.:laugh:
Parent - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2019-01-04 5:01 PM
Let's all hope for a PR instead of flaming out and limping into Sunday night!!!!!!!

Happy Friday
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 3:27 PM
Lol! By Fridays, I'm toast and ready for bed at 5pm! (old fart in training)
Parent - By foggydoggy [us] Date 2019-01-04 5:02 PM
I'm no longer an old fart in training I've arrived and I'm now trying to reach my second childhood!
- - By skigirl Date 2019-01-04 10:44 AM
Morning everyone. 

Not only was I born on a Friday, I was born on a Friday the 13th!  :shocker!:  So I have a special affection for any day that is a Friday the 13th, as it feels like "my" day. 

Hit the gym after work yesterday for 20 minutes on the stair mill, and then some strength training.  I was underfueled so the workout didn't feel great but I was happy to have gone.  As much as I needed and enjoyed the rest over the holiday break, I'm ready to be back into a regular exercise routine again. 

I have to say, I'm feeling slightly weird now that the 2018 Runango step challenge is done.  I got used to tracking my steps all the time, even though I didn't hit 10K steps every day.  Obviously I could still keep track on my own, but it's not quite the same.  : pbbt:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-04 10:52 AM
Oh, awesome Friday the 13 person!!:cool:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-04 11:23 AM
Friday the 13th is definitely good!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-04 12:14 PM
That is cool to be a Friday the 13th!!
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:02 PM
Friday the 13th.:cool: Surely your birthday has fallen on a Friday the 13th since then, right? Did you watch the movie at your party?: pbbt:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2019-01-04 2:03 PM
Ugh, never, horror movies are not my thing.  #squeamish  :laugh::blush:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 3:26 PM
That is a cool bday! Obviously, 13 is a lucky number for you :happy:
- - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-04 10:53 AM
I'd never looked this up before, but I was born on a Friday. I'm totally good with that. Fridays are pretty good, although lately, I tend to love Sundays as they're typically my food cheat day. :evil:

8 mi this morning.

Day 3 of National Baking Month: Heirloom Vanilla Sugar Cookies. Today, it's going to be chocolate cupcakes, which I'm taking to an event tomorrow morning. Cupcakes for breakfast is good, right? They're just muffins with frosting. :laugh:
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-04 11:23 AM
cupcakes are an anytime food. :laugh:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-04 12:18 PM
You probably have no idea about this, but......back when we all did 5K Hell (2009?),  you once brought cupcakes.  There were extras, so you sent them home with me so the blazerkids could eat them.  They were in a nice Tupperware like 13x9 container with a deep pink lid.  I neglected to return the container.  I would give it back to you now, but I believe it now resides in College Station.  As such, I owe you a nice 13x9 container filled with cupcakes!!
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-04 12:47 PM
I do not remember that, but you also do not owe me a container.

My theory of tupperware containers is that sometimes they get returned, sometimes they do not. Since everyone doesn't return them sometimes it all equalizes. So by the karma of the container I probably got another one from someone that I didn't return.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2019-01-04 12:09 PM
I love your baking month updates!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-04 12:15 PM
CUPCAKES.....mmmmmm!!
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-04 12:22 PM
Another Friday person! Nice cookies :happy:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:14 PM
If you make cupcakes with natural peanut butter, they become a health food.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 3:25 PM
Oh most definitely. We eat cake for breakfast all the time :blush:
- - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 10:58 AM
I was born on a Thursday.  I don’t hate Thursdays, but it’s not my favorite.  Hands down, my fav is Saturday.  Saturday is my cheat day and fun things happen on Saturdays.  Even kids activities are (or were) fun.  Sundays are awful days.  I guess better than being at work, but that’s my chore/cleaning day (allergy city!) and I’m swollen from Saturday – and have Monday to look forward to. : pbbt:

I haven’t had a night that bad in some time.  I got about 3 hours in 1 hour stretches.  Ugh.  Hopefully, tonight will be better.  Fortunately, I don’t need much sleep.  I lived on that for about 3 years with DS2 : pbbt:  So getting up and doing my thing wasn’t a big deal.  Just an easy hilly run and then to the gym for P90X back and bis.  It was a solid workout day.

And I’ve been having the worst dreams over the couple of months.  I can’t remember a good one.  Last night was one that’s been recurring for a couple of years.  I’m pregnant – like 9 months – and *completely* traumatized.  I had no idea until that point, and look normal and feel nothing.  Sometimes I do have the baby which is even more traumatizing, because that’s the LAST THING I need right now.  Last night, however, I gave the baby up for adoption because I asked DH and he (surprisingly) said OK.  The adoption mom looked just like an Asian girl I went to music camp with in the 80s. WTF?!!!  But maybe this will bring closure to the soap opera?  My other super weird one was that I was telling someone about a little of stray cats that grew up on our porch a few years back. (that part is true) The litter had such a wide assortment of colors – and that person told me that two of them had the markings to be vampires.  They were cats by day, but blood sucking human like vampires by night.  I looked it up on the internet (in my dream) it was true!  And I'm all paranoid and trying to look out for vampire cats. Again, WTF?! :laugh:
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-04 11:24 AM
those dreams are messed up, but the cat thing makes me laugh. One thing that is in right now with kids is kitty-hybrid types of things . Unikitty, merkitty. IT is weird but my kid and her friends like it. So your vampire kitties are just an extension of that
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 3:22 PM
That's pretty cool - I have not of heard of that.
Parent - - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-04 12:00 PM
Wow!  Those are exactly the same dreams I've been having!
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 3:22 PM
Ha! :laugh: great minds and all...
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2019-01-04 12:08 PM
Crazy dreams!  Maybe the first one is a reflection on transitions in your life, now that your boys are growing up and moving on?  The vampire cat thing, though, I got nothin'.  :laugh:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 3:22 PM
I think it's more like my biggest fear! :cry: the baby, not the vampire cats. I'd take those any day right now before starting over with an infant! :laugh:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-04 12:20 PM
A being pregnant dream would give me a heart attack!!:shocker!:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 3:20 PM
Yep - traumatized I tell you. Waking up that way is not good!!!!
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-04 12:23 PM
Oh, geezzzzzz.. those are some weird dreams!
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:18 PM
Those dreams are awesome! I must consult my dream dictionary and get back to you! Though I can relate to wanting to give my baby up for adoption now (my 21 yo baby:roll:).: pbbt:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 3:24 PM
Lol! At the moment I'll keep mine, as they've been good with getting crap done. Tomorrow may be a different story...
- - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-04 11:17 AM
I was born on a tuesday, and I am most definitely not full of grace!

run was 6.5, slow. I saw a really pretty little fox while I was running, she was just sitting and looking at me. I stopped and got a good picture.

My mom is coming in today, it will be nice to see her and N is excited
Parent - - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-04 12:06 PM
I don't know if I have ever seen a real life fox until I was visiting Dad a few months ago - then saw two in the same day.  One sighting was while out on a run - with my sister's dog.  The dog took off after the fox and rejoined me about 5 minutes later - completely covered in burs.  Cleaning him up took the better part of the rest of the day.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:38 PM
the fox are beautiful, especially right now when they are all fluffy. I just love seeing them sitting there and staring.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2019-01-04 5:54 PM
We had a fox give birth under our deck. We didn't know it until the little guys could wander out and play. The mom would make the worst noise to warn the babies. We have pictures of the little ones playing while the mom watches. :hug:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2019-01-04 12:09 PM
Aw, the fox sighting sounds like a nice gift for your run!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-04 12:21 PM
Enjoy your mom!
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-04 12:23 PM
:happy:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:19 PM
How is your mom?:hug: She must have been happy to see all the women sworn in yesterday!
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:37 PM
my mom is doing well. I haven't spoken to her since yesterday, but I imagine it is a little bittersweet. But she is enjoying retirement and seeing more of her grandchildren.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 3:19 PM
Sounds like a nice weekend :happy:
- - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-04 11:23 AM
I was born on a Thursday, and true to form, I always feel like I have far to go with everything I do.:laugh: Or maybe that's why I like ultras? I ended up not doing anything except dog walking the last two days, just too many appointments here and there, so today I was craving a good sweat. A 90 minute endurance spin did the trick.

I gave notice to the dog walking business I walk for, that is a big relief. The owner of the business is just a misanthropic person, loves dogs but hates people, even people who work with her and are trying to help her.:roll: I said I want to leave by the beginning of February, which I think is more than reasonable, and of course she growled about how she can't find a replacement in 3 weeks, blah blah blah. That's not my problem, but I don't want to leave dogs unattended, either.

My daughter goes back to Savannah tomorrow.:sad: This break went by way too fast.
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-04 11:25 AM
i'm sure she can find someone. What are you planning to do next?
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:24 PM
I want to finish up my application to reinstate my law license, and while that winds its way through the courts I want to start volunteering with CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates), a child advocacy group, or an immigration group. And I'll be looking for jobs, possibly in teaching. Friends have been posting depressing AF articles about how hard it is to get and keep any job for people over 50, I'm trying not to let it get to me, but it is mentally draining at times.:sad:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:36 PM
It sucks. One of the main reasons I stay at jobs I am :meh: about is that it is so hard to get back into working after moving out of the workforce.

I think CASA would be an amazing fit for your!
Parent - - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-04 12:01 PM
Why not start your own dog walking business?
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:26 PM
I need to get a job with benefits. Remember that thing about universal health insurance?
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2019-01-04 12:10 PM
How is your foot feeling these days?
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:28 PM
Slightly better, thanks, but still a lot of numbness in the toes when I wear the orthotics.:wtf: And when I don't wear the orthotics, I have arch problems. But I've signed up for a few races in late January and February, short ones- 5K to 5 mile- to get back into things.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-04 12:23 PM
I just pulled out my dictionary to confirm I knew the definition of misanthropic.  The young guy who sits outside my office stared at me like he was trying to figure out what my big red book was.:roll:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:30 PM
It's one of the few multisyllabic words I still remember from the days when I wrote for a living.:laugh:
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-04 12:23 PM
Sorry about your daughter going back :hug:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-04 3:53 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 3:17 PM
Maybe she should learn to count? February is 4 weeks - and way more than the typical 2 week notice :meh:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-04 4:15 PM
:laugh:

This woman, let's call her Liz,  is a nutcase. I've been so nervous about telling her I'm leaving her stupid job because of the last woman who left- let's call her Susan. Susan had walked for the owner of the business for about 5 years. The problem is, eventually she had collected some clients of her own (as I did), and why should she keep having to pay Liz $8 of every $20 she makes per walk when she can go out on her own and make the full $20 (as I wonder)? But then she did something I would not do, she called all of Liz's clients, even the ones she didn't walk dogs for regularly, and asked them if they wanted to come with her when she left Liz. This, naturally, pissed Liz off massively, and a big argument ensued between the two women. So far, all normal, whatever.

But then, about a month after Susan left the business, her tires were slashed in her driveway. There was no evidence that Liz did it, but Susan was suspicious enough that she told the police she thought Liz did it. It never went anywhere. Then, another month goes by, and when she returned from walking a client's dog, Susan found dog crap smeared all over the handle of her car door.:shocker!: She again suspected Liz, who lives near where the incident occurred, but again, no evidence. I don't know what to think- Liz has had some crazy angry outbursts with me, I just let them slide but it made me think she could have done it- OTOH, I've seen Liz being really nice to some people, and going above and beyond to care for people's dogs, so the makes me think she couldn't have done it.  All I know is, I don't want dog shit on my car door handle!:laugh:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 4:39 PM
Holy crap! :shocker!: (pun intended)
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-04 6:29 PM
Seriously!
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-04 4:48 PM
:shocker!:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2019-01-04 4:59 PM
:shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-04 12:37 PM
3.1 easy miles this morning.

Born on a Tuesday and lack anything which remotely resembles grace.  I think Fridays are my favorite day as I can typically "work from home" the latter part of the day.  For at least the last 10 years, no matter what, we always eat out on Fridays, so that usually makes it a relaxing evening.  Well, except for that whole "Where do you want to eat?"  Neither of us ever wants to go where the other wants to go.:roll:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-04 1:06 PM
:laugh::roll:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2019-01-04 2:08 PM
We typically order in pizza on Friday night.  We're planning to cut back on that, to save money, but it's going to be hard to mobilize brain cells to actually prepare meals ourselves on Fridays.  By the end of the week it's hard to plan anything.  : pbbt:
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:08 PM
Have fun in MN!
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:21 PM
There are at least two breweries in the little town where the race is, so I am sure I will have fun!
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:34 PM Edited 2019-01-04 2:36 PM
My wife really wanted our oldest daughter to go to St. Olaf - it is a Lutheran College with an excellent choral program.

Imminent Brewing looks really good - I like the “Miles the Jumping Goat.” :laugh:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-04 3:20 PM
where is the marathon? My husband is from a little town in MN...
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-04 9:06 PM
The marathon is at St Olaf College in Northfield, MN......about an hour south of Minneapolis.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-07 10:10 AM
oh cool! I know where that is, and it's pretty close to where DH is from (but not exactly).
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 3:15 PM
"where do you want one eat?" Yep - know that one well
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2019-01-04 3:24 PM
Good luck and have fun this weekend!
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-05 4:28 AM
Good luck this weekend!
- - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-04 1:27 PM Edited 2019-01-04 1:30 PM
Good little string of running for me this week. 4 on Wed, 2 yesterday, 3.1 today. Also didd 20 min of beginner yoga today. Ran 2 sub-10 min miles today! (barely) Excited to get back into shape in 2019! All runs felt good, but I'm a bit sore, which is to be expected.

I was born on a Sunday. Don't particularly love Sundays though! The description of Sunday's child is quite lofty. Not sure I measure up!
Parent - By skigirl Date 2019-01-04 2:07 PM
Nice streak for 2019!  :cool:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:22 PM
I think being a Sunday child would be easier for than my Tuesday requirement of being full of grace.:laugh:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-04 2:47 PM
Nice start!
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 3:11 PM
:cool:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2019-01-04 3:25 PM
:grin:
- - By nooner [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:08 PM
4 miles on the elliptical.

I was born on a Tuesday but must have gotten in the wrong line as I missed out on the grace. Friday’s are my favorite day of the week since work is done. I will be volunteering at the 50K / 25K trail race held on our local trails tomorrow. If I can’t run, I might as well be out there supporting the rest of the gang. I check people in and will help with the aid station at he end of the first loop. It has been raining so much that it is really going to be muddy.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:20 PM
Are you still in a boot?  Everyone's favorite volunteer is the one in a boot!  Have fun.
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:35 PM
I never had a boot.:sad:

I will be sure to milk the “knee surgery last week”  to get out of the heavy lifting. :mischief:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2019-01-04 3:25 PM
Bring some crutches : pbbt:
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2019-01-04 3:42 PM
I had to buy some and only used them for a day so might as well get my money’s worth. :evil:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-04 2:47 PM
Have fun! I love working aid stations :happy:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-04 3:10 PM
Thank you for volunteering! :happy:
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2019-01-04 3:21 PM Edited 2019-01-04 3:25 PM
I just looked it up and I was born on a Monday. And I am pretty hot, so that totally fits! : pbbt::laugh: My mom told me that the night I was born, she and my dad got in the VW Bug to drive to the hospital, and (according to my mom) my dad hit every pothole on the road along the way! :laugh: I told her it would have made for a great story if I had been born in a powder blue VW Bug on the side of the road, but alas that did not happen.

My favorite day of the week is Sunday. Most of the time I don't need to be anywhere, and I can chill out for a while in the morning with a cup of tea and get things together to prepare for the coming week.

Last night after work I ran 4 miles on a local running path that runs along a decently busy road. I always forget how dark the path is, I assume it's going to be pretty well-lit from the passing cars, but it's actually super dark. I need to remember that for next time. I ran 2 miles out, and on the way back, my blood sugar plummeted. :cry: I was really shaky so I stopped for a minute to catch my breath and calm down, and then I walked-ran the last mile back to my car. The same sort of thing happened in the 5k on Tuesday morning, as soon as the race started I got super shaky, so I assumed it was an adrenaline surge or low blood sugar. Luckily I had snacks in my car so I housed some Cheerios and eventually felt better. Then I had my work vball match and we lost, but at least we won 1 game of the match and had some new people come out to play.

I am supposed to run 12 tomorrow but it's supposed to be raining and 40*, so I am debating doing that run tonight after work. Or I can postpone it to Sunday and ride the bike trainer tonight. It will be a game time decision once I get home after work. After last night, DH is worried that I'll pass out :roll: so I'll probably bike tonight and run long on Sunday.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-05 7:47 AM
That blood sugar thing is worrisome. Maybe try running with a sports drink on all runs, even short ones? Tailwind really helps me by keeping my blood sugar even.
- - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2019-01-04 3:44 PM
I guess I'm full of grace, which isn't what DW usually says I'm full of...

10 miles in the beautiful sunshine, temps near 50°, with great music on the Nano.

I had a wellness screening today, my first in several years.  My cholesterol and blood sugar numbers were awesome, but my blood pressure numbers have gone from "low" to "elevated."  This might help explain why I haven't been getting dizzy when I stand up after sitting for a long time.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-05 7:46 AM
LOL!  I can imagine what DW says... I imagine it's what I say about my DH. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm on the fence about blood pressure readings, especially with all of the new gadgets they have nowadays.  The old cuff method at my GYN office has always and still gets me at 90-100/60.  But using those weird finger and wrist things, sometimes they get me at 140/90?!  Nobody has seemed to care at this point at least.
- - By Ed [us] Date 2019-01-04 4:24 PM
I was born on a Tuesday!  Same day of the week as my new granddaughter, just not on Christmas like her!

No workout today.  I did take the leaf blower with vac attachment out front for a bit over an hour and clean up a bit so I wasn't a complete slug.

Then we visited our DD & S-I-L and GD.  I got to feed & burp her! :hug:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2019-01-04 5:29 PM
:grin:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-05 7:43 AM
I love how smitten you are with GD :hug:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-05 7:52 AM
Awwwww!:hug: Don't you just forget how tiny newborns are? My old neighbor's daughter, who used to babysit my kids and who now lives in San Francisco, had her first baby on 12/16, and I was all worried because he looked so tiny! But he was 7.5 lbs, more than 2.5 lbs bigger than my son when he was born!:laugh:

Which reminds me, I need to send a gift- did your GD get anything really interesting?
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2019-01-04 4:52 PM
6.9 miles with my wife. It was 46*. :shocker!:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-05 7:42 AM
I take it that's warm for you?  We've been in the 40s but it's been raining non-stop.
- - By N70SAK Date 2019-01-04 4:54 PM
Was just out wandering around the yard with the cat, looking for bunnies. :happy:

I'd guess I've walked a few miles over the past few days. Knee continues to slowly improve. I tested the new tread mill and it seem fine. I'm parking off campus and have nearly 1/4 mile to class.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-05 7:41 AM
Glad the knee is improving :happy:  I have to park 1/4 mile from my office - and it's uphill both ways! :laugh:
- - By Mookiethedog Date 2019-01-04 5:12 PM
9km blah blah

I was born on a Monday in a foreign land.  My favourite day of the week is Tuesday  :hug:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-05 7:40 AM
Tuesday?  Just to be different, or is there something particularly awesome that happens on Tuesdays?
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2019-01-05 12:08 PM
Two for Tuesday at Dominos :laugh::hug:  ….no just being different and feeling bad for Tuesday:hug:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2019-01-05 7:44 AM
You spell with a Canadian accent.:hug:
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2019-01-05 12:08 PM
Totally eh? :hug:
- - By old turtle Date 2019-01-04 6:00 PM
Still raining here but since it was a SDO that was OK. I was born 6 weeks early on a Sunday morning. My mother told me people stopped by to see the baby (me) on the way to church.
I don't have a favorite day of the week.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2019-01-05 7:40 AM
That was a big deal back then, wasn't it?  Not implying that you're old or anything. :wink: but my good friend (former forumite) is 56 and was born 6 weeks early, and then didn't think she'd make it back then.  Obviously, she did...  I figure that's why she's so strong  - she's been a fighter since day 1!
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Friday Dailies