Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 04 Jan 2019
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:00 AM
It's the weekend!  And the first one of 2019.  So what are your plans for the weekend?

Now I know we have lots of January babies.

Pam, hope you are feeling better.

Deb, MarkH and those other lurkers, start the new year by posting.

Enjoy your day!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2019-01-04 8:06 AM
Good morning!

Running 4 or so at lunch time.

Sam and 4 of the kids are in Indianapolis for 5 days. Playing Mr Mom.

Coffee Fool email at 9:05am EST
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2019-01-04 9:06 AM
Enjoy the Mr. Mom thing! How many kids do you have at home with you?
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2019-01-04 2:21 PM
4...all the younger ones :sad::laugh:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2019-01-04 12:58 PM
Will Diego help you with the kids? 

It's good to "see" you!
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2019-01-04 2:21 PM
Diego can't, he has a restraining order.

Good to be seen.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2019-01-04 8:07 AM Edited 2019-01-04 8:10 AM
Around 7:00 AM on a Sunday morning, 60 years ago, I was spewed forth into this world. Ever since then I have been asking "Why"? 

I decided a 6 mile run would be a good way to start the day.  Right around freezing, 33°, and overcast.  There was a lot of walk breaks taken because (a) I am out of shape, (2) I still worry about my right calf starting to hurt again.  I am happy to say that my calf was not an issue.

Then I was off to Jolly Pirate Donuts to get a box for the family.  Cindy is doing low-carb, but Brooke & Eric will have some (as will I).

Athena, the husky, had a seizure yesterday.  It is not a common thing, but it isn't rare either.  She takes medication for it which has greatly reduced them. Kind of sad to see, but she doesn't seem phased by it. First time in her visits that it happened while here. 

I took the day off.  I have to pick a spot where I want to go to dinner tonight. The in-laws along with Brooke & Eric will be going. Not sure yet what I am in the mood for.

Oh, I had my eye follow-up visit yesterday.  The doctor squeezed me in, so I am grateful, but it was still tough to sit around the waiting area and then the examination room for over 2 hours.  He said my eyes were fine, but (and there is always a but) the pressure in my right eye was high so I should follow-up with my regular optometrist "sooner rather than later" because that is a symptom of glaucoma.

By the time I left it was dark outside. First time I ever drove in the dark with my eyes dilated.  It is how I imagine driving on LSD could be.  All the lights had fantastic spokes coming off of them.  I just kept my distance from the car in front of me, took it easy, and made the 7 mile trip uneventful.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2019-01-04 8:52 AM
Happy Birthday!
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2019-01-04 9:07 AM
Happy Birthday! I pretty much always pick a Mexican restaurant for my birthday!!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2019-01-04 9:26 AM
Cindy is eating low-carb, and the in-laws have a some places they don't like, so my choices are limited. Mexican is probably out.  But it does sound good.  I'll treat myself to Mexican soon.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-04 10:46 AM
Happy Birthday, Dave!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2019-01-04 12:29 PM
Happy Birthday Dave.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2019-01-04 9:04 AM
Good morning, Y'all!

I think I might be feeling a little better this morning. I finally slept a few hours early this morning and that helped! I started out the night in our bed, but I was blowing my nose and coughing so much that I went out to the living room sofa. It's not the most comfortable place for sleeping, so after Ray left for work, I went back into my bed and managed almost 3 hours of dozing/sleeping. I'm a bit bummed, because the band wives were planning a get together while the guys are practicing tonight, but I'm not going there to spread my cooties!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-04 9:32 AM
Did you get your Boston fix?  Did Brady survive without you?
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2019-01-04 10:07 AM
I DID enjoy Boston! Nick lives in Waltham, MA-just outside of Boston, and we only went into downtown Boston on Saturday. Nick and Gisella had appointments to look at rings and Ray, Conor and I just walked around-visited some old cemeteries and churches. Later in the afternoon, we hit Mike's Pastries for some cannoli's! We also visited Gillette Stadium and the Patriots Hall of Fame/museum.

Brady made it without me, but he was a little crazy for a couple of days after we got home! Nick and Gisella adopted a little fluffball of a puppy who is a few weeks younger than Brady, so I got to bond with him a bit!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-04 9:36 AM
In honor of Dave's birthday I checked out my first Kurt Vonnegut book at the library this morning.  Slaughterhouse five.  I hope I picked well.  Happy Birthday Dave.

We are enjoying much above average temperatures so today the outdoor decorations come down.  And Misha gets an extra long walk.  Yoga and laundry in there somewhere too.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2019-01-04 10:08 AM
We have had so much rain over the past couple of weeks here, and it continues today. We still have our tree up!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2019-01-04 11:12 AM
This year is the 50th anniversary of Slaugterhouse Five. I am going to buy a special edition of the book if one is released.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2019-01-04 12:40 PM
I'm back in DE since Wed night.  I ran this morning with low expectations.  I exceeded expectations.  Boy was it a bad run.  The morning was pleasant enough. 

Welcome home.  The Honda is broke, the toilet is broke, the checkbook is broke. 

Eagles vs Bears     Tom vs Dawn  A bag of Wawa to Dawn if Bears win.   If Eagles win .....a bag of cat litter to Tom or something like that. 

Tom in DE.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2019-01-04 12:57 PM
Welcome home.  The Honda is broke, the toilet is broke, the checkbook is broke.  :sad::sad:  No bueno.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-04 1:09 PM
Markhh could set this to music.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-04 1:11 PM
I'm thinking Angelos spaghetti sauce if the Eagles win.   It's world famous :laugh:  I just have to figure how to ship it safely.

just so you don't feel alone in your woes: I found my chimney cap in the neighbor's yard.  Simple enough to replace except for the $600 scaffolding charge to climb up that high.:roll:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:01 PM
Dave will arrange a couple chimney experts to be right over.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:12 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2019-01-04 3:08 PM
Expect them to arrive between 10 and 2 on Monday.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2019-01-04 3:48 PM
Just don't hold your breath.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:24 PM
Makayla is driving to Greenville, Michigan today, solo.  Her boyfriend she met at college lives there and Makayla is driving up to bring him back to Louisville on Sunday.  She wants to meet his parents as well.  I wasn't thrilled about her doing this alone, but she convinced me to give her my blessing.  She is 19 and has her own car, but I guess she could be 35 with her own car and I would still have a little angst about her driving that far.

Melissa and I received a gift card for Bob Evans so we plan to have breakfast there tomorrow.  Other than that, nothing else planned.

I ran 6 miles this morning.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-04 2:32 PM
If she needs any help at all Lisa and Jacob are in Lansing.  I can send you their contact info.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-04 3:08 PM
Thank you, Dawn!  I really appreciate that offer.  I just spoke with Makayla (at 4:05) and she is 30 miles from Lansing and a little over an hour from Jordan's house.  If she would get in a difficult situation, I would try to reach out to you.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2019-01-04 3:49 PM
This forum always helps each other out!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-04 4:33 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-04 4:00 PM
Good news.  She should be there by now and I assume has had a safe trip.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-04 4:30 PM
She just called and said that she made it.  Everything went well.
Parent - By Blueberry Sky Date 2019-01-04 10:31 PM
:hug: Always a relief to hear, even when they are 34. :wink:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 04 Jan 2019