Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Foggy and Frosty Friday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-04 6:13 AM
At least it’s Friday. :wink:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-04 6:25 AM
--Secretary in the office is sick as ever. I’m sorry, I’m not staying around today. I have a 3 hour teaching gig in another town and I plan to stretch that out the whole day. I don’t wish to be exposed to her germs anymore. I stayed away as much as possible yesterday. She was either coughing or sneezing the entire time I was around. I tried giving her some Alka-Seltzer daytime tablets. “No, I’m fine. I don’t feel bad.” :wtf::roll: She must have said that 20 times yesterday. Use your sick time people! :mutmad:

--I’m going to make Rice Bowls Southwestern Style for my pantry today. I’m betting they’ll be a hit. I hope I left my nice MU Extension banner there. I couldn’t find it yesterday when I was packing up my stuff. :blush: The pantry is the only place I’ve had it at recently.

--Tried out my lip scrub. : pbbt: That was the hot item on my nieces Christmas list. I had never heard of it before so I bought myself some too. It’s nice.

--My mom is getting ready to make 8 memorial type of wall hangings for a family friend of ours who lost his wife about a year and a half ago. Gene had asked me recently if I thought maybe my would like to go out to dinner sometime or just go do something. So, I gave my mom a heads up before he went over to talk to her about the wall hangings. My mom isn’t really one to go out to eat but I told her to have him take her to those quilt shops in SE MO that she still needs to visit. He would enjoy just getting out driving and spending the whole day doing that. We’ll see. He’s a very nice man. Don’t think he’s really looking for a companion as much as just someone he can go do something with every once in a while.

--Registered for a local half marathon on April 20. It’s one I’ve never done before. Only $40. :cool:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-04 6:31 AM
I can't believe there's a race you've never done :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:05 AM
It’s called “Run for Missions”. Maybe that is why. :blush:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-04 8:06 AM
Casually leave one of those medical masks they make you wear at the doctors office if you're contagious on her desk?  :mischief:
Parent - By tahoeblue (spamkiller) Date 2019-01-04 12:11 PM
Or casually hang plastic sheeting all around her cubicle?  Maybe close it off with a hepa filter?  Would that be subtle enough to send the hint?
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-04 6:29 AM Edited 2019-01-04 6:34 AM
~Gonna be 51 here today. Almost 60 tomorrow.

~Thanks to a guy leaving I am now back to working 7 days a week :roll:

~4 new athletes I'm coaching starting training cycles on Monday :cool::cool:

~Got the OK for our 1 mile race. 5 people registered within minutes of posting the link. We may be on to something.

~Stopped by the running store and got all of our upcoming events on their calendar. They will provide GCs for our winners and coupons for everyone.

~Another shooting last night. 4 in less than a week. Plus one shot and killed by police. = 5

~I am now officially a liberal tree-hugging politician. Sworn in on the "Tree Board" yesterday hahahaha  Not 100% sure what we do :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:07 AM
Four new “athletes”? :laugh::laugh::laugh: Maybe that should read three. What distances are the others training for and which races? Did Karla’s daughter ever call you? The one from CA. I can’t think of her name right now. I think she is wanting to BQ.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:10 AM
I had forgotten about her. Nope.

I have two gals from KC training for Rock the Parkway 1/2
and one of my XC moms doing a beginning runners walk/run program

I have one other gal here at work just started her 1/2 cycle last week
and Dayle whom I have been coaching since she was in HS is wrapping up her marathon cycle. She should hit somewhere around 3:10-3:15
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:18 AM
Nice.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:13 AM
Congrats on the tree board! Shouldn't it be called tree limb? I would think trees would be offended by "board".

And welcome to politics.....none of them know what they do:laugh:

:hug:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:16 AM
Hahahaha

Melissa has met my friend Barefoot Dave.
I kind of have a rule: anytime Barefoot Dave asks me to do something I do it :laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:19 AM
I have yet to see you run in a skirt made from a piece of fabric we picked up at JoAnn’s the eve before a marathon. : pbbt::wink:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:19 AM
But I have run in my kilt before : pbbt:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:21 AM
Kilts are weirdly manly, so that doesn't count.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:20 AM
Get Dave to tell him, or has he already? I wanna see that! Seems like that would be good for July!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:19 AM
Must be a great guy then!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:20 AM
I'll see if I can get him out for Xmas in July. He may be on a cruise. They are addicted to going on cruises haha
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:21 AM
Cruises have tracks. :mischief:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-04 8:05 AM
That's awesome that the coaching has picked up.  :grin:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:16 AM
Got paid! Yay! Surprisingly mortgage and all necessary bills paid. Yay me.:roll:

Whole 30 - headache is gone. fuzzy brain is here. I need sleep! ETA - OMG this is expensive...........

Soccer starts this sunday. yay. can you feel my excitement? :roll:

My right knee cap might as well be unattached as loose as it is right now. Guessing need to work on my quads. :meh:

YAY IT IS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:17 AM
A few more days and you'll get to the Tiger's Blood section of the Whole 30
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:18 AM
I've seen that on calendars but i don't get it. I guess that is the "high" of the physio changes? I don't want to be crazy like Charlie Sheen. I have my own problems.:laugh:

I actually can't believe I've successfully done it for 3.5 days now.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-04 7:18 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-04 8:04 AM
Yay for the first post holiday pay check!  :grin:  Where every single cent is going somewhere.  :cry:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-04 9:39 AM
Yup
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-04 8:03 AM
*Marie and I had a puzzle off.  We both started 1000 piece puzzles at opposite ends of the table and it was on!  Of course, I had to work the next day, so she stayed up all night and won.  :laugh:  She finished hers at 3:58 that morning, in under 12 hours.  I finished mine later that evening.  I've definitely never finished one that fast before. 

*I'm sore.  I've run minimal miles and I've done just a little strength work for two days.  :roll:

*Happy birthday to Ellie.  She's 4 today.  She's come a long way.  Thank goodness.  :laugh:

*We teenage boys coming later today to video game.  I have snacks, so I think I'm ready.  :grin::laugh:

*Today was the last no alarm weekday of winter break.  I milked it for all it was worth.  :grin:

*I made the kids pick up the toys in the playroom at the house I was working at yesterday.  I don't think they like me anymore.  :laugh:  I don't mind picking up toys, but they had it pretty trashed, and no way I time for that.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-04 9:40 AM
A puzzle off. That sounds like fun!

No alarm days are the best!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-04 10:10 AM
I did two 1000 piece puzzles and one750 piece one over my break. :happy:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-04 12:19 PM
I’m ready to start another one. :grin::laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-04 6:08 PM
I have a glow in the dark snowman one sitting here that my mom gave me. She demanded that I take it and if I didn’t want to do it give it to someone. That’s not a good sign. :laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-04 9:12 PM
:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Foggy and Frosty Friday RTTs