Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tired Thursday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-03 6:12 AM
I didn’t sleep well last night. :meh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-03 6:23 AM
~Man I am sore as $hit today

~Less than 6 hours of sleep last night. Stayed up and watched that stupid masked singer show. It's ridiculously stupid.

~Gonna be in the 50s Fri-Mon :cool:

~Yesterday wind chill was lower 30s but I was WAY overdressed for my run

~Winter is dumb

~Suzi had to fight with the lady at the city this time about race permits. They seriously don't want anybody doing anything in this town. But looks like they will renew our Firefighter's Memorial if the police ok it. And looks like she will give the ok for our 1 mile race. She always bitches that you should do your races on the hike and bike trail. Suzi told her she was stupid if she thought it was safe to put 300 people on an 8 foot wide sidewalk.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-03 6:28 AM
That’s one thing we don’t have to mess with in our dinky little towns....race permits.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-03 6:34 AM
Oh yeah police get to approve or disapprove of your route even if you aren't on the roads

and the power hungry lady at city hall can approve or disapprove on a whim
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-03 7:18 AM
Good for Suzi! :mischief:

Winter is definitely dumb:sad:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-03 6:23 AM
--Got the cortisone injection yesterday in my thumb. We’ll see how this goes. Hopefully, I’ll never have another reoccurrence of the trigger thumb. If it does, I just need to call and schedule the “release”/surgery. It’s a rather minor procedure. Doesn’t even require anesthesia. This doctor I go to is awesome. As in probably the best doctor I’ve ever seen in every respect.

--Registered Iowa and I for the a 13.3K trail race in April. It’s the one we did last year when we had freezing rain and snow. :shocker!:

--Looking at a couple of other local races too. A 5K and half marathon.

--I have a ton of prep to do for my classes next week. Made a grocery store list yesterday. Going to go and do all of my shopping today. I’m going to have to prep a little at home Sunday night but that’s okay, I’ll take a couple of hours off during the week sometime.

--Office secretary is really sick. I don’t know why she doesn’t stay home. I was only in the office with her about 3 1/2 hours total yesterday but I was cringing the whole time. How I’m going to avoid getting sick is beyond me. We have no doors on our offices and she is coughing non stop. :cry: How rude would it be to take a can of Lysol in with me? I’m going to try to stay out of the office as much as possible. Need to go to Greenfield to change out a display, go shopping, then I have a Turkey Strut meeting.

--We’re going to have our next KC book group down here the end of this month. We thought we’d take Gena to the Wonders of Wildlife Museum. :happy:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-03 6:37 AM
Not sure I've ever been to a Dr I have liked

Of course almost every time I go to a Dr they admit me into the hospital so there's that
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-03 7:13 AM
This guy is so down to earth and nice. He doesn’t mess around with a bunch of BS tests and wanting to try this and that before just getting after the inevitable. Shoot, yesterday he didn’t even wait on a nurse to come into the treatment room with him. My appointment was at 10:45 a.m. They took me back a couple minutes early and I had to wait 2-3 minutes on the doctor. I was treated, all my questions answered and checked out by 10:54 a.m. He is so efficient, knowledgeable and kind.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-03 7:14 AM
Hell I may start driving down there to see a Dr then :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-03 7:31 AM
:shocker!:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-03 7:28 AM
Ripley kept me up until 12 freaking 30 last night:mutmad:. So i woke up late and light-headed:wtf:

No run streak. Like I care, going to do real miles tonight. In the freaking rain.:mutmad: I swear it has rained here so much we are on constant flash flood warnings. Had like 3 dry days in the past month it seems. But at least it isn't 30 degrees, I guess. Can't wait until June. We need a good drought.:mutmad:and I need some sweat!

Whole 30 is rough when you wake up late. Ate baggie of carrots and cauliflower on the way to work. Gonna be a gassy day! Luckily I had my chicken and salad prepared, with my dressing to go. Put my almond milk in a bottle for creamer and off we went. This whole no-snacking thing sucks. Not sure that part is going to last. Three whole days of meal prepping - streaking!

Kitchen is even clean.....:cool:

omg....pecans. So yummy! Report today that many pecan farmers won't be replanting after the hurricane that devastated south Ga. This year will be the first in many that we won't be #1 in pecan production. It is very sad. The devastation down south is just horrible. And of course even worse in Panama City and other parts of Florida.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-03 7:34 AM
I totally snack during Whole 30 and Paleo. Just make sure it's good choices like nuts. Or a ribeye steak hahaha
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-03 7:58 AM
Technically last nights 'snack' turned into dinner:laugh: The kids had just gotten home and i'm telling them to get away from the steak. It wasn't dinner and Q had already fed them. Q was standing there watching me eat every other piece. OMG I'm getting good at broiling steak in the oven.

I snacked on pecans yesterday. This morning they had to fill out my "breakfast" when I got to work. Pecans and almonds and walnuts fill me up like nothing else. :hug: It doesn't even take a lot.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tired Thursday RTTs