Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Work day Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-02 6:02 AM
I knew my break between the holidays would go quickly. :meh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-02 6:15 AM
--Appointment with the hand surgeon today. YAY!!!!!

--I just have a 30 minute massage tonight and then nothing else until Monday. Wanted to give the hand a little break after the shot.

--Got my contacts in this morning on the first attempt with my right eye and second attempt with the left. :cool:

--Ordered a 90 day supply of contacts on line. Eye doctor kind of irritated me. First of all, the fitting for the contacts was 1.5 times more than the amount I was quoted. I questioned it and was told “well, it starts at the much”. :wtf: Then, I was quoted x amount for the contracts themselves. I asked both questions prior to making any appointments or decisions to see if this was anything I’d even want to do since it’s 100% out of pocket. Turns out the cost for the contacts is more than twice as much as she quoted me and that’s if I buy an entire years worth at once. :mutmad: Um, how about a little transparency here? I can order them on line in smaller quantities and they come out to be the same price factoring in the vision center’s whopping discount. I haven’t been wowed by this vision clinic. Will likely seek out a new place next time I’m due for an exam. :meh:

--This week is pretty low key at work but next week is insane. Need to do a lot of preparation.

--So, there is a new story regarding the RR pass that is appearing like it’s a no go after 80% completion. This radio guy contacted MoDot and was told that the rumors of it being the wrong height are incorrect. They gave a long, winded explanation. Pretty much sounded to me like MoDot effed up and they’re trying to cover, or at least stall, any controversy. But, we’ll see. I could be wrong.

--Right piriformis is giving me fits today. Geez, I feel so old. :cry:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-02 6:18 AM
Hope you get some encouraging news from the hand surgeon!

Keep on top of the piriformis. Your training cycle starts in just a few days.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-02 9:12 AM
Are you going to be sending me a weekly schedule or how does this work? I’m going to have a 5K race on 2/23 and another on 3/16. :happy:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-02 9:30 AM
I will post your workouts for the entire week on your Vdot calendar. I usually do them on Sunday for week starting Monday
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-02 10:14 AM
Awesome
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-02 6:37 AM
That is super irritating about the eye clinic charging more than the quoted price.  I'd be pissed.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-02 6:28 AM
~Exhausted today

~Ended up having to pop in and out of work all morning yesterday cuz we are short part-timers. That will now be my normal deal on Saturday mornings too until we get some hired. Which apparently will be awhile because I guess we can't do background checks during the government shutdown :roll::roll::roll::roll:

~Up to 50 minutes running damn slow

~I don't have Netflix and I have no desire to get Netflix or watch the movie but Bird Box just sounds stupid

~Eggs and Sausage for bfast. But sometimes, a guy just wants some damn Cap'n Crunch :sad:

~I think we are gonna go ahead with our plans to put on a 1 mile race. May 5th. Cindo de Mile.  :happy: Trying to figure out exactly how cheap we can do it. Probably do finisher's medals for all but no T shirts to keep cost down. Maybe $15 a runner?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-02 6:39 AM
Very cool on the mile race.  :cool:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-02 6:42 AM
Road mile. Downhill.  Should be fun. :grin:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-02 6:46 AM
Downhill?  Awesome!  :grin:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-02 6:45 AM
*My Christmas work break just flew by.  I'm not excited to be back at it.  And I didn't get up early enough to get a run in before work.  Whatever.  I have no motivation to run 10+ miles a day anyway right now.

*I had to buy a new coffee maker because mine up and died.  The verdict is still out on whether I'll keep using this one.  I bought it because it has a refillable reservoir that detaches (and can be cleaned).  Said reservoir leaks on occasion.  :meh:

*Why in the heck is it still pitch black dark out?  :mutmad:

*We go on vacation in 3 weeks.  I can't wait.  It feels like forever since I've felt the sun.  I don't winter well. 

*I'm so proud.  Bill and I managed to stay up until 1 with all the young adults we hosted New Year's eve.  :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-02 6:48 AM
WOW!  1am? I was passed out cold by 9. Did wake up a couple times due to fireworks and gunfire. I"m impressed
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-02 6:52 AM
We did really want to kick everyone out at 12:15, but figured that was bad form.  :blush::laugh::blush:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-02 6:52 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-02 9:15 AM
I’m with you, vacation/break went way too fast.

Maybe you should try not running 10+ miles a day. :wink:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-02 7:51 AM
Resting HR down to 39 this morning! Can't remember the last time it was that low!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-02 8:42 AM
:cool::cool:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-02 11:33 AM
That's awesome! 

And meanwhile mine is up to 57.  :cry:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-02 8:42 AM
Morning!

Back at work. Yay.

The holidays were awesome. Both with and without kids. I've run and slept more in the past 2 weeks than in the previous 2 months:shocker!:

Got registered for this crazy race in July: pbbt:......so I moved my TM into my bedroom and i've started trying to do that. Streaking so far.....woohoo 3 tm days in a row. Granted i can only stand the TM for 20 min but it is a good cardio section. Going to try to start doing it in the mornings instead. With real miles in the afternoons......we'll see.

Listening to NPR........

Need new glasses. Forgot that with Tj's birthday, ASP classes I spend a ton of extra $ in January, too. Great.

Oh yeah........started Whole30. I'm crazy:shocker!::roll::roll::meh: I actually like this type of eating. I just can't stay organized enough....But I'll try. It will be really good for my PCOS, which is the reason behind this.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-02 9:16 AM
Which race are you talking about? Gregg’s?
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-02 10:01 AM
Yes, the 12 hour....just so I can see how far I can really go. :cry::laugh:: pbbt:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2019-01-02 10:13 AM
Cool. Hopefully I’ll be joining you. :happy:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-02 10:40 AM
That would be awesome! Last year was tons of fun.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2019-01-02 9:41 AM
Whole 30 is great if you can stay ahead of either meal prep or having the right stuff on hand

or finding a good, cheap steak house. we do a lot of steak, salad, veggies :grin:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-02 10:02 AM
Yeah, organization isn't my thing. But then Subway salads are yummy. CFA salads comply. I brought my own dressing. So, if I have to.......
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2019-01-02 11:35 AM
I'm so glad your holidays were awesome.  :hug:

Yay for streaking!  :grin::grin::grin:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2019-01-02 9:26 PM
I had to come in and read this before I went to bed so I can get on the tm before i lay down.............ugh. But tomorrow Rip and I are going to race each other so I'll be running the tm in the morning. : pbbt:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Work day Wednesday RTTs