Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Happy New Year!
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2019-01-01 7:33 AM
Happy New Year dear forum friends!

Any resolutions?

Post away....
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2019-01-01 9:54 AM
No
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-01 10:12 AM
I was asleep by 11:00 last night.  That's late for me.  Makayla was at a friend's house which is one mile down the road.  I didn't hear her come in, but Melissa said it was at 2:40.  Makayla looked worn out when she left for work at 10:30 this morning.  Poor girl doesn't even like coffee.  I failed her in that department. 

The morning began with an 8 mile run.  Later I'm going to the gym to lift weights.  I hope I have room to work in there with all the new year resolution makers.

Melissa and I took down the tree this morning, swept up the pine needles.  Now the living room is back to normal. 

No resolutions for me.  I just carry on, striving forward, and thankful for another year.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-01 10:32 AM
those pine needles.:mutmad:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-01 10:32 AM
Happy 2019 Masters.

I've no resolutions but I look forward to the goodness and fresh start of a new year.  Pretty thankful for the good things and the conquered challenges of the past one too.

Lisa and Jacob left 20 minutes ago, Amy's things are packed and waiting by the door.  It's going to be very quiet around here.  Especially tomorrow when Lee goes back to work.  I look forward to my alone time, but it will be an adjustment for a day or two.

We celebrated a combined Christmas/New Years yesterday.  It goes down in the books as one of the best.  And I'll reflect on it with a nice long nap today.:happy:  My 2019 30 days of yoga challenge begins tomorrow.:grin:
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-01 12:52 PM
Happy New Year!  I picture much laughter, happiness, and great food in your home yesterday.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2019-01-01 1:29 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2019-01-01 10:57 AM
I ran the Jack Frost 5k with my younger daughter, Brooke (from Michigan.)  She just started running some this year and was her first race. She said her pace has been around 14 minutes/mile but we ran today's race at a 12:06 pace so she exceeded expectations.  38:17 over 3.16.

It was 50° today. Last year at this race it was 10°. 50° was much nicer.

Brooke wanted to run the whole way even though I assured her it was ok to take walk breaks.  And she accomplished that.  She was feeling a little sick at one point and I told her to concentrate on her breathing (which is something I do when fatigued.)  It got her through the rough patch.

The 12 minute pace was just about perfect for my return to running after being off a lot during the last 3 months with my calf issues and just coming out of a week long cold.  I still have a bit of a cough but it is much, much better.  I haven't run 3 consecutive miles myself since October 4th.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-01 12:45 PM
Congrats to Brooke on her first race.  It's great that you could share that with her and coach her along the way.   I was looking back in my running log for last year at this time and I was running in the early morning at -2F.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2019-01-01 12:20 PM
I don't make resolutions; just try to be a better person and spread the JOY I have in my heart!

I've gone for my walk, attended Mass this morning and I am ready for the new Year.  Going to my brother's this afternoon.  He received an InstaPot as a Christmas gift and we are his guinea pigs.  I made two cherry cheesecakes for dessert and then we are going to play dominos - Mexican Train.  So I am looking forward to a fun afternoon.

Enjoy the day!  I wish nothing but the BEST for all of you!  At that end of this month, I am going to meet a very special person from this forum!  This is going to be like Tom's teaser with his trip.  I should post a countdown as my tagline.

Oh last night we actually stayed awake till midnight.  That was a first in eons.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2019-01-01 12:41 PM
I first played dominoes Mexican train on New Year's Eve 3 years ago.  That game is a lot of fun.  Cherry cheesecake is great too.  Have fun!
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2019-01-01 1:16 PM
HAPPY NEW YEAR MASTERS, WISHING ALL A HEALTHY, HAPPY,FRIENDLY YEAR(LIFE)

"Any resolutions?" - SAFER DRIVING AND NOT SALUTING THE TAILGATERS ON FREEWAY! (p.s. I never have had a car accident)

:grin::cool::shocker!::wink:: pbbt::mischief::meh::blush::hug:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Happy New Year!