Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday, New Year's Eve Eve
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-30 7:14 AM
Do you know we missed National Fruitcake Day?  May have been a good one for runners; lots of good carbs in fruitcake!  Or maybe you know a fruitcake or 2?  Anyway, add it to your calendars and we can celebrate next year.

In the meantime - Sunday plans anyone?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-30 7:17 AM
I've never tried fruitcake.  At our house it becomes one of the unknowns in the freezer.

Yoga was hard yesterday.  I bailed with 10 minutes to go.  My screaming glutes were shattering the decibel level.:laugh:   More of the same today, or maybe a run.  not sure at the moment.  The sun (or lack thereof) will be the deciding factor.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-30 12:20 PM
sun is out.  3.6 miles.  probably my last run of 2018.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-30 12:33 PM
We are going to brave the 40 degree weather and head out to the gym shortly.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-30 7:26 AM
I love fruitcake!  When my husband was working and clients would send the office gifts, if it was a fruitcake it was coming home with him! 

Not too sure what today holds either.  I need to get back on my work for the retreat and do some household chores.

We did watch the football games last night.  My pew friends are diehard Notre Dame fans and I'm sure they will be sad this morning. 

Have a good Sunday!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-30 7:27 AM
I got so excited about fruitcake, I forgot to say Thanks for starting the daily!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-30 8:07 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-30 8:53 AM
Am I getting better? I think so, but I also switched to Mucinex for the symptoms and when a dose wears off, I start coughing and my throat feels sore. So, I could be getting better or I could have just picked a good OTC medicine.

I don't like the look of fruitcake so I haven't ever tried it. But, today is National Bacon Day and I'm all for bacon!

I enjoy when C-Span has BookTV shows. This morning I've been watching one of my favorite authors, Os Guinness, talk about his latest book, "Last Call for Liberty".  It's been very interesting.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-30 9:49 AM
Well the heck with that fruitcake, bring on the bacon!!!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-30 11:13 AM
Well I bet Mark Oles is enjoying lots and lots of bacon!  As if he needs a day to celebrate bacon.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-12-30 2:09 PM
It's been a while since I've had fruitcake.  For a few Christmases my dad made a spiced rum fruitcake, with, I'm sure, the emphasis was on the rum.

Sunday plans include relaxing with a book.  Church service this morning and again this evening. 

No run today.  Rain is coming.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-30 2:56 PM
We had a big refrigerator clean out before we left home.  We tossed the 2014 fruitcake.  It was probably self spiking with fermentation. 

Ellen is having a nasty migraine so a very quiet Sunday afternoon. She really can't take much more than Tylenol die to nursing.   Entertained Nathanial a long while with penguin videos which he loved.  

I may take boys over to hotel room.  Hopefully Eagles-Redskins is on.  Need those Bears to win Dawn. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-30 4:21 PM
I'm wearing my lucky shirt: Go Bears!  (and Eagles)
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday, New Year's Eve Eve