Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, 29 Dec 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-29 8:22 AM
What's up?  Are the kids tired of their Christmas toys?  Are you ready to get back to your routine?

Post away and tell Miss Nosy everything!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-12-29 9:55 AM
Miss Nosy:laugh:  Well, my day began with a 10 mile run.  Started while it was still dark and finished in the light of a gray sky.  I ran 5 miles out then back on rural roads that I have not run since June. 

After breakfast of cereal and a cinnamon roll, I cleaned out a big section of the garage and took some large stuff to the local recycling center.

Civil war breaks out in Kentucky today.  It's the annual UL v UK basketball game.  This year it's in Louisville.  I'll watch from home.  If I did not live so far away I would watch it with my dad who is a UK fan.  My family are all UK fans, but I broke the mold.

Makayla got a smart tv for Christmas.  She's been enjoying that big "toy" of hers. 

I go back to work on Wednesday, so the regular routine begins then.  Not ready for it.  But, I will be, I think.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-29 1:26 PM
Nice running.  Enjoy that game.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-29 10:27 AM
I attended a visitation this morning.  Annie was 96; a long life well lived.:hug:

Now I'm in waiting mode; my kids are on the road and we had ice last night.:shocker!:  The Michiganders should be here late afternoon but only to drop off suitcases as they continue on to Jacob's side of the family.  They will be back here to sleep though.  Amy, who knows?  She'll pop in at some point to see Lisa and Jacob.  I think everyone is sleeping here and we are doing presents in the morning but plans change hourly.:laugh:

Lee is tearing out the floor in the upstairs bathroom so I am definitely ready to get back to the routine of having him at work!  A little worried at the timing of the floor removal since the kids will need to use that bathroom.  Oh well, we're all family - we've seen worse!

My Christmas toys were a pair of Yak Trax.  I inaugurated them this morning.  2 thumbs up.  Bring on the snow and ice; these will help me stay vertical.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-29 1:28 PM
Keep that used weather out there.  I don't need ice.   Bathroom floor now?  I guess kids know dad.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-29 10:28 AM
I'm still resting and drinking lots of water and tea. Hoping to be well enough to run the 5k with my daughter on the 1st.

Michigan game starts in half an hour.....

WVU looked bad last night. Their star players took the game off so they could avoid injury that could ruin their NFL draft prospects. I understand it but I don't like it.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-12-29 10:52 AM Edited 2018-12-29 10:54 AM
Christmas today at our home!!!!   Christmas Stockings FIRST - we all enjoy going through our own stocking -  AND then Christmas GIFTS From under the tree for UNWRAPPING!!

Today is our last day of Christmas.   Tomorrow all of the outside lights will come down.

So far all of our family are all healthy, happy and our plan is to keep it that way!  However I might spend some time back at/inside San Quentin, for now I am Psychopathically Ward Outpatient!

HAPPY NEW YEAR MASTERS, WISHING YOU A WONDERFUL NEW YEAR!!!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-29 11:31 AM
Just returned from Planet Fitness and happy that we have been very consistent with our workouts.  But I am ready to get back to my normal routine.   I have a Christmas cookie decorating party to attend this afternoon.

It's cold...44 degrees and overcast.  Cold I can live with, it's the overcast skies that I don't care for.

Enjoy Bowl watching and may your team win!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-29 1:33 PM
Had a splendid run in the mountains.  WOW.  The sun is out and I ran in shorts and T shirt.:grin::grin::grin:     

Getting ready to do a Mr Fizzix experiment on which Nerf gun shoots best.   We just spent time writing up experimental procedures.

Tom in WC
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday, 29 Dec 2018