Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 28 Dec 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-28 6:17 AM
Last Friday of 2018; let's celebrate it!

Post away...
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-12-28 7:46 AM
It's been raining all morning.  A light rain, but I decided to run after the rain, not during, since I have that luxury today.  I woke up early, had coffee and read for a while.  Then I got sleepy and fell asleep again.  I took a nap before 8:00AM. 

I have some gift cards to use at a bookstore.  A trip to the bookstore may happen today.  I could order online, but the store will have what I want and I can have new books today.  That may be my last Friday of 2018 celebration.

Time to run now.  Maybe 8 miles.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-28 7:57 AM
New books = great celebration.  And the coffee, nap, and run are pretty sweet too!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-12-28 10:58 AM
Yep.  All those are pretty good. 

8 miles again this morning.  Chased by a giant dog too (Great Dane), but I think merely he looks frightening and probably wouldn't hurt me (so said the 6th grader last year whose parents own him).
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-28 11:00 AM
So it was raining cats and the big dog decided to chase.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-28 8:03 AM
I had fasting blood work this morning so my delayed breakfast and coffee seems like a true celebration! And, I'm drinking from one of my mom's china teacups.  That always adds a special memory to my morning.

The rain has stopped but the wind is still with us.  The temps dropped 20 degrees too.:sad: Lee is packing his gym bag as I type and headed to the indoor track.

Not sure what the rest of the day holds.  Lee and Amy are spending the afternoon together so I have the house to myself.  I will probably clean as Lisa and Jacob arrive tomorrow.  Lee has spent his winter break removing horrible popcorn ceilings in the girls' old bedrooms.  My house is covered in a fine layer of plaster dust and it is driving me crazy.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-12-28 10:54 AM
Coffee and food become all the more precious after a fast.  Have a great weekend with your "kids."
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-28 9:58 AM
A bit of a rough night with coughing and sore throat but eventually I got some sleep. I hope to fall asleep in my lazboy sometime today to catch-up on some missed sleep.

I felt worse as the day went on yesterday, but I don't have to work today so I am hoping that helps me from going downhill. I probably should have taken off work yesterday but I had saved 5 days of time off to carryover to the next year and I was determined to keep them all.  Five is the maximum number to carryover.

I just finished the book, Galapagos, by Kurt Vonnegut. I read it when it came out in 1985 and still have that book. (All my Kurt Vonnegut books as well as my Calvin & Hobbes collections survived my book purge when we moved here.)  It is a whole new perspective reading Vonnegut books after aging 30+ years.  Galapagos was one of the author's personal favorites.  I didn't read my old book though.  When I was at the Kurt Vonnegut library a couple years ago I bought a book containing a collection of his novels from 1976-1986. This was the final one in that book.

WVU's bowl game is this evening. Cindy's parents are coming by for dinner and to watch the game here. They want to relax on our comfy couch and turn on the fire from our new gas log insert which puts out some good heat.  (No idea if the fireplace people will ever be back to finish it. They were supposed to be here last Friday but didn't show.)  It's a warm day so a fire isn't really needed, and both my in-laws will be asleep within 15 minutes of the game starting, but its ok with me.  I'd be sitting there watching it anyway.

Now for the tough task of what to read next. I counted up 40 or so books in my "to be read" stack.  I will pick one of those.  I hope to quit buying every book that sounds good until I get through some of what I already have.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-12-28 10:50 AM
I have the same issue with books as you.  Several here to be read and I'm off to the bookstore to get more with my gift certificates.  At least today they won't cost me anything as long as I stick with the value of the gift certificates.  Enjoy the nap and the game.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-28 11:10 AM
If we are at Ellen's it must mean rain.   It's raining hard and I decided to put off my run until it's over.  My next run will be next year.  The local creeks are just about up to the bottom of the bridges.  And they still have snow piles from 2 weeks ago.

Traffic driving down was really heavy.  I sure am glad I'm not on the road today.  So good to see the grandkids again.  Boy do they grow fast!

Tom in WC
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-28 11:37 AM
Crazy wetness down there. We've broke some records around here too I think with more rain coming before the end of the year.

Have fun with the grandkids.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-28 12:19 PM
Soggy grandkids.:hug:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 28 Dec 2018