Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies are here and sunny!
- - By judyruns Date 2018-12-27 7:45 AM
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-12-27 7:46 AM
Wednesday was 45 minutes of running on the TM, 5 minutes of fast walk, then 7 whole minutes on the elliptical. Maybe I’m getting the hang of it. :roll:
Today I  have errands, grocery and volunteer work. I may need an SDO.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-12-27 10:20 AM
ETs generally feel weird to me. My YMCA out here has one brand of ET, though, that adjusts to your individual stride instead of forcing you into a specific ellipse pattern, and it feels a lot easier and more natural to use. I think most ETs try to force me into a stride and gait that doesn't fit my physique; you are small like me, Judy, so maybe that's part of it?

WE got a dusting of snow last night and it is beautifully bright out here. I took a SDO yesterday. My right leg quadriceps is working very hard these days and needed a break. But today it's back to the gym. Feels good to be running a little again, even if I am having to confine the running to 2-3 days a week still.

We had a nice day yesterday with T-bone's two daughters. Really one of the nicest and sanest Christmases I've ever had, but I woke up this morning feeling very melancholy and missing the Ratbag.

There is really no one I can talk to about this, either. T-bone just encourages me to be patient with him and let him figure stuff out on his own. He doesn't want me getting upset about it, honestly, because then he's distressed that *I'm* upset.  But the truth is that I miss my son every day. Yeah, obviously I'm a shitty mom and clearly I deserve this :roll::mutmad: but I'm also angry at the whole constellation of people involved. My family. Ex-H's family. Some days I feel very peaceful and right about cutting off contact with them; other days it's not enough that I don't have to deal with their crap anymore; I want to also nuke them all from orbit. :mutmad::meh:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-12-27 11:10 AM
About the ET, yes, being small makes sense. These machines are made for people that are average height and 150 pounds. The rest of us just try to adjust. That is especially the way weight machines are made.

Christmas time doesn't ever seem easy. Although you miss Ratbag a lot, I also think he will come around in time. Young males can definitely be that way.

It's great that you can run again. That helps to level things off more. :hug:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-12-27 2:49 PM
It helps a lot. Still feeling really sad, but I'm giving myself permission to be sad; it seems reasonable given the circumstances. It'll take a while to adjust to all the changes of these past couple years.

I did 23 minutes on the elliptical today, watching a short film about the Barkley Marathons (!!) to while away the time; followed by 13 minutes of running on the TM. I kept my HR on both machines between 75-80% max, which is a good solid workout for me these days. Running's feeling surprisingly good; I think my spine and hips are much more evenly aligned than previously. It seems to be taking stress off my knees and ankles.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-27 7:14 PM
It's natural for you to miss Ratbag. :hug:  It's not necessarily something you can control at this point -- aside from staying open and trying to stay in contact without pushing him -- but it is totally okay to miss him and to be upset about it sometimes.  I'm sorry you don't have anyone to talk to about that. :hug:
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-27 7:09 PM
I haven't had access to an elliptical machine in ages because I'm not a gym member, but back in college I remember thinking the elliptical was super easy. :laugh:  I think I'm several inches taller than you, though, so it might've been a better fit for me.
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-27 10:05 AM
Not sunny here!  Very cloudy and supposed to have storms later in the day.  I am taking A to appointments today, so I headed out for my run about five minutes before civil twilight.  Heading clouds meant it stayed dark for longer than I expected, but at least traffic is light this week.  My breathing still isn't 100%, so it wasn't the greatest run, but at least it's done.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-12-27 11:13 AM
Great work on the run.:grin: I also check for civil twilight when I'm doing early runs.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Thursdailies are here and sunny!