Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Too windy Thursday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-27 6:53 AM
Holy smokes the wind! :shocker!:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-27 7:04 AM
--Talked to Krystal yesterday about the shop and whether she thought she’d be in a position to buy. She seems to think her dad can lend her the money or at the very least co sign for her. I shot her a price. We’ll see. Makes me really nervous. That’s a ton of income I’d be giving up. :meh: But, it would also be nice to sell the building and not have that. Ideal situation for me would be to work through about the end of April.

--I think the contacts will eventually be okay. Took me a while to get them in myself so that’s going to take some time to master. But, the feel of them is great and the ability to just see everything, whenever is very nice. :happy:

--Iowa bought Meadow some hip and joint treats for Christmas. Well, I swear that is what is giving her the worst gas ever. It’s terrible. I have to leave the room.

--I’m wondering if I’ll be headed back to work next week if the shutdown continues. :meh:

--Oh well, if the above happens I’m sure I can find things to do.

--My mom gets back tomorrow so just a couple more days of dog sitting. They’ve been doing really well. I’ve been going over once a day and my brother has been going once and then they’ve been good about using the doggy door.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-12-27 7:14 AM
your job is affected by the government shut down? I wouldn't have thought that. I thought you were a state employee?

Do you want to be done with massage?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-27 7:56 AM
My job is funded by SNAP, one of the programs directly affected by the shutdown. Evidently in the past, when there was a shutdown, Nutrition Educators in MO were instructed not to report to work. However, they did end up getting paid after the fact. Who knows? No, I am not a state employee. I fall under a federal program that is farmed out (in my case) to the University of Missouri to oversee. I’m fortunate to get University benefits. Much of the nutrition curriculum we teach is developed by the University of Missouri and is used nation wide for this program. We also use some  from the USDA and an adult program developed by Colorado State University.

I would kind of like to be done with massage but that being said, it is a great source of supplemental income.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-12-27 7:16 AM
Our mean-ass wiener has had a mean ass the last couple of nights. She always jumps in the chair with me, snuggles in then let's em rip
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-12-27 7:14 AM
~56 mph gust here this morning

~Trees down all over the damn place

~So sore and so tired today :mutmad:

~Had my eggs for bfast but I'm hungry again already

~I look old today

~Why can't we just take pills so we 1. get all the nutrients, calories, etc we need and 2. don't ever get hungry ????
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-12-27 7:46 AM
sign me up for that bill too!

Yikes that wind sounds bad. Santa and his reindeer might go flying by if people don't have them secured to the ground
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-12-27 7:48 AM
There were trash cans literally blowing down the streets as I came in to work haha
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-27 7:57 AM
You must eat food from all five of the food groups to get all the nutrients you need. That’s what I tell my kiddos. : pbbt: There is no magic pill.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-12-27 8:00 AM
I think one can be invented but the Government is stopping it.

Kind of like cures for diseases and alternative energy :wink:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-27 9:26 AM
A wall takes precedence. :roll:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Too windy Thursday RTTs