Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Christmas Eve dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-12-24 9:33 AM
Post if you have time. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-12-24 9:33 AM
Friday I ran 50 minutes on the TM then fast walked 10 minutes.
Saturday I ran the 50 minutes on the TM with 10 minutes fast walking again. In the afternoon, DC and I did 2 hours of volunteer work.
Sunday I did another 50 minutes of easy running on the TM with another fast walk for 10 minutes.
Today I did 55 minutes running with intervals (one of which is a 3 minute one), then walked the last 5 minutes fast. I noticed that the gait changes when the speed gets to a certain point…my toes come up and I heel strike better.

I’m also testing trying the elliptical which has always been :cry: awful for me. I can manage 2 minutes barely so far. :laugh:
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-24 1:41 PM
It's funny that you can easily do an hour on the treadmill, but can only make it 2 minutes on the elliptical. :laugh:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-12-24 2:40 PM
Maybe it's the glutes that don't like the elliptical? Or that there is more vertical "down" pushing than in running where we push more "up" to jump? I dunno. :laugh:
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-12-24 12:44 PM
Went out for a short run/walk with my friend today (2 miles total) and then we had coffee and chatted after which is so nice as opposed to the usual "gotta go and get the kids/work/etc started"....

I'm going out for a bike ride around 3 today. I'm technically working but no one is online. I ran my batch reports and offloaded them to all the required FTP so I'm just working on some other things now and listening to NPR.

I joined my local running club as well for 2019. Time to meet some new peeps and hopefully have some new goals in 2019 and some friendly faces at local events.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-24 1:40 PM
Cool.  I hope you enjoy the new running club!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-12-24 2:42 PM
Great idea to join the running club. It's nice at this time of year to plan some things to look forward to. :happy:
Excellent workout today for you! :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Christmas Eve dailies