Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Dec/Jan TTC/Preggo/PP
- - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-12-23 7:44 PM
roll call everyone! who is here?
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-12-23 7:45 PM
TTC
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2019-01-08 1:31 PM
Hey ladies, we are still TTC but it's not going very well. I can't tell when I'm ovulating and I'm old too. Has anyone here used ovulation tests? Do they work? I hate the pressure of Benjamin getting older and older while we keep missing the window.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2019-01-08 2:45 PM
Why am I here?????

I have used them and they worked for me.  I also charted my temps which also worked.  That being said, other than my first and fourth child it took me a long time to get pregnant even with perfect timing.  Are you charting?  Good luck.  It can be very hard emotionally TTC.
Parent - - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2019-01-09 7:50 AM
Yeah I got lucky with Benjamin this time it's not so easy. Good to know they work maybe I'll give it a try. I'm not charting but I'm using an app. I don't think it's very accurate however it does get my period right every month so maybe it is?
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2019-01-09 8:53 AM
Are you tracking your body basal temperature every morning and inputting on your app?  These are types of things in book BT is talking about.  I think I used fertility friend.  They also had slides explaining things in similar vein to TCOYF.  If you haven't done this I would try first.  I also knew based on my egg white discharge I was about to ovulate.  Some don't see it as readily or notice it but if you read about it you might realize it's happening to you as well.
Parent - - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2019-01-08 4:53 PM
Taking Charge of your Fertility was a great book that helped me learn to chart and resulted in my daughter. 

https://www.tcoyf.com/taking-charge-of-your-fertility/

Sorry you're having trouble-I know it's no fun.
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2019-01-09 7:50 AM
thanks I'll check it out :happy:
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2019-01-08 7:50 PM
Yes! Get yourself some "cheapies." They worked great for us as I tended to think I was ovulating earlier than I actually did but my luteal phase was kind of short. Wondfo is one brand that I know is available on US Amazon.
What is the situation on fertility centers in your city? If your regular OB mentions referring you, I'd say go for it! We had started the testing process but got pregnant "the old fashioned way." I was happy to get the extra monitoring due to my age and several miscarriages.
OK..my response escalated quickly but I also recommend lots of reading and ask any questions you might have! I'm also sensitive to the getting older and missing the window part, as I felt that way too.
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2019-01-09 7:51 AM
I don't want to go the fertility centre route yet but they are around. Also our health care system in Ontario gives you one free round of IVF so if we really had to, we could try that. I don't think we are quite there yet, tho. Maybe when I'm 40. I just feel kind of panicky about the age gap. I was 5 when my sister was born and I want less of a gap than that for B. If possible.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-14 9:02 AM
I used ovulation strips with my second (m/c) and third (emery) pregnancy, and I got pregnant almost right away! It really helped us know exactly when to try. good luck. :hug: It's so stressful.
Parent - By BrookieCookie (Canadian Beaver) Date 2019-01-15 9:01 AM
Ok I'm gonna get some. Thanks cn and everyone  !
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-12-23 7:45 PM
PREGGO
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-12-23 7:45 PM
PP
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-12-23 7:47 PM
Strongly here, never plan to be back into TTC or Preggo. Would love DH to get snipped but not sure if that will happen.
E is 3 years 4 months and baby V is getting close to 11 months.
They are a joy. E tests our patience and keeps us on our toes. V is very chill but started walking about a month ago and is into EVERYTHING. But still so much fun.
I find I'm getting myself back some too now that she is getting older. I'm running 10-15 mpw (not a ton, but some) and started doing barre once a week. Also some yoga still.
Parent - - By stickywicket Date 2018-12-26 1:00 AM
Ha, ditto.

Wow, 11 months and walking a month already? My dudes are super lazy in that department. Mini only starter walking after a year and crawling at around 8 months, and the Twig seems to be folllowonf in his (lack of) footsteps.

Nice job on the running and barre! I'm still at the stage when I can't imagine anything aside from work, kids or sleep. Trying to get back with running with one of the dudes in a stroller.
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2019-01-08 7:52 PM
I definitely do run with the stroller quite a bit!
Apparently, the "early" walking was to be expected. I forget about DH but I know for sure my parents say I was running around by 8 or 9 months.
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2019-01-08 7:55 PM
How old is Twig? Do I recall that he had a surgery? Or was that Mini? How's the adjustment to being a family of 4?
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2019-01-13 9:18 AM
Yes, he had surgery in nov, and will have to have one more sometime next month. Hopefully that will be the end of it...he did really well with the first one so majorly crossing fingers the next one goes smoothly. It sucked having to hand him over when he was so tiny, but it almost seems like it'll be worse not that he's a bit more aware of things and communicative.
Adjustment is going well. Twig is starting day care this week so things should hopefully get more manageable. Up until now we had a combination of my mom and MIL visiting, friends helping out, DH on some parental leave, and a slow loss of my sanity as I tried to do everything on the days/weeks in between - full time job plus parenting with no daycare or help. This week marks the beginning of a new era. :cool: DH did a settling visit with Twig last week and sent back a picture where it looks like twig is trying to strangle another baby, so things are looking good so far. :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-12-27 7:15 AM
11 months already? wow I was thinking like 6 months whoops.  Glad you're getting back to feeling like yourself with workouts that is great
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-12-28 11:05 PM
Walking at 11 months? Wow.

Yes, DH owes it to you -- you had the babies and did the breastfeeding, that's many many months, he can put up with 10 minutes of minor surgery and 2 days recovery!
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2019-01-08 7:53 PM
Make that "do" the breastfeeding!
Still pumping too, did I mention that. So ready to destroy my pump. It's not my favorite thing to do in case that isn't obvious.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2019-01-09 8:56 AM
I hated pumping too.  I think I stopped pumping at 13 months PP for DD2.  It has to be tough while teaching.
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2019-01-10 8:04 PM
Feb 1 will be my last day!!
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2019-01-13 9:22 AM
You guys are incredible. With Mini I made it to 3 months, but he wouldn't bf at all. I took out the pump with the Twig and basically had ptsd and put it away again after a day. So many bad memories associated with that thing. :meh:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-14 8:16 AM
yahoo! so close! Great job mama!
Parent - - By BoredTemp [us] Date 2019-01-09 1:28 PM
pumping absolutely does suck.  I still shudder to think about it - 12 years later.
Parent - - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2019-01-10 8:05 PM
My co-worker and I were thinking of doing an "Office Space" type scene but I feel like I should pass the pump(s) on a friend instead.
Parent - By stickywicket Date 2019-01-13 9:23 AM
:laugh: You can at least do it with the pieces that have to be replaced?
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-14 8:16 AM
it's the worst :cry:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-14 9:02 AM
sounds like all is going well!! Can't believe V is walking already! :hug: Great job on the workouts!
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-14 8:16 AM
hi all! Emery was three months old last week :shocker!: It goes by so fast with the second! She's a pretty good sleeper, compared to her sister - which isn't saying much :laugh: - but I usually get a 4-hour stretch and a 2-3 hour stretch each night, so I can't complain too much. Balancing the night time needs of both kids is a challenge, however. Especially when 2.5 yo still loves her "mulks," as she calls them :roll:

Due to school and newborn-ness and general tiredness, I didn't run very much at all for the first three months. But I'm feeling better and am slowly starting to run again. 13 miles last week. My back has been sore so I'm trying to stretch and strengthen too.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2019-01-14 9:58 PM
Tandem nursing? Wow.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-15 10:07 AM
yep... it's not too bad, and it's easing the transition for P. I'm not really disciplined enough to wean her forcibly! We'll see how it goes.
Parent - - By stickywicket Date 2019-01-15 4:33 AM
I love the name.  :hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2019-01-15 10:07 AM
thank you :hug: P calls her "Emmy," which has quickly become her nickname.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Dec/Jan TTC/Preggo/PP