Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday Christmas Eve Eve
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-23 8:01 AM
I'm out of questions.  Just drop a note if you have the time today.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-23 8:06 AM
The sun is almost up and the coffee is almost gone.  I'm taking Misha to the river path and see what new smells she can uncover.  I'm growing weary of our neighborhood park.

The Bears play late so I should have time for a run after lunch.  More looking forward to Kansas City in the night game.  I could watch their quarterback all day.  He seems so young and having so much fun.  As if our sports superstar culture hasn't tainted him yet.

I hope some of you are already enjoying family time for this wonderful holiday.  Enjoy.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-23 1:33 PM
Ran 2.5 with my sweetie at the trails.  3 seconds slower than yesterday's 2.5 - talk about consistent!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-23 1:44 PM
How neat to have a workout with your sweetie!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-23 12:04 PM
I'm sitting here in a emergency room and I'm kind of bored.

I was running the slides at church and in between the services I started having some vision issues.  Since one of the premier doctors in the area was standing 6 feet from me I asked him about it.  After a brief exam in the hallway he said I should go to the emergency room.  So here I am.

All my symptoms are gone now and I feel normal,  but the wheels are in motion and I have a few tests to complete.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-23 1:32 PM
well that stinks.  no backing out now though.  I hope everything checks out normal.  Good luck.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-23 1:44 PM
Hope all is ok Dave.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-23 1:52 PM
Everything checked out ok. I need to follow up with an ophthalmologist after Christmas. Now just waiting for my discharge papers. Unless it happens again and then I am supposed to come back to the emergency room right away.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-23 2:04 PM
Good news!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-23 1:46 PM
Out of questions? 

It is nice and sunny here and I am taking a break from cleaning house.  Even though it's not cold, I made myself a cup of Abuelitas chocolate with lots of marshmallows!  Just what I needed.

Today I really need to start wrapping my gifts and I hope to bake cookies and make the meatballs for the Italian Wedding Soup.  I'll have to go to the grocery store later this afternoon.

That's it from my neck of the woods!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-23 2:30 PM
I really like Italian Wedding Soup and haven't made it in forever.  Maybe that will be a project for Amy and I.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-23 5:13 PM
To recap my weird day. I was running the slides at church today. Between the first and second service I went to get a drink of water and when I came back I was seeing a blinking triangle of lights on the left of my field of vision. It kept up for 10-15 minutes and was making me a little nauseous. Standing about 6 feet from me was one of the best doctors in the area so I asked him what he thought it was.

He checked me out in the hallway and when I said I could see 2 fingers when he held up 1 and told me to follow the movement, he recommended I get checked out at the hospital.  So Cindy took me to the emergency room.  By the time we got there I was fine.  4 hours later, after blood work, a CAT scan, and a test of the pressure in my eyes I was sent home.  I was referred to an ophthalmologist where I am supposed to go for a follow-up after Christmas.

We now return to our regularly scheduled program.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-23 6:01 PM
ocular or retinal migraine maybe.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-23 6:26 PM
That was 1 of the things the doctor said when he said I should go to the emergency room.  He also said a detached retina (which is unlikely since the symptoms went completely away), some neurological issue, or a stroke (which the CAT scan supposedly ruled out.)
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-24 8:07 AM
Probably related to the heart attack you had after the fireplace guy showed up Friday.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-24 9:54 AM
:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday Christmas Eve Eve