Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 21 Dec 2018 Christmas Eve x4
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-21 6:53 AM
Good morning! 

Today is the winter solstice, country is in chaos, markets are plunging, kids are getting rowdy and ready for Christmas break, Santa is busy planning his route, elves are ready to be done with toy making...what else is happening today?

Post away...
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-12-21 8:13 AM
I don't have anything pressing to do today.  Christmas shopping is finished.  The weekend is here.  Ryan comes home tonight.  This weekend we will visit with Melissa's parents as well as my parents, brothers and sister. 

It was misting when I ran this morning.  8 miles worth of running. 

Makayla works today.  I think I will read the book I bought her for Christmas while she is at work.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-21 9:26 AM
family time.:hug:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-21 12:31 PM
Sounds so good.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-21 2:57 PM
ditto what Dawn and Tom said.:hug:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-12-21 8:18 AM
Good morning!

Chaos in my world this morning, also! Decisions, decisions.....We were planning on a low-key Christmas here at home, just me, Ray, Alex and Conor, and a visit with our son Robert and his family (here in GA) at some point. And then....our son Nick called a couple of days ago and said that he is ready to buy an engagement ring for his girlfriend and he wants us to meet her parents first. They want to fly us up to Boston the day after Christmas to stay for a few days. I was awake all night listing in my head the pros and cons of this trip and it's driving me insane! Obviously, I want to see my boy and meet the parents, but even with them paying for the flight, there will be expenses for us that I'm worried about. We haven't really done any shopping for anyone and if we go to Boston, that will have to be Christmas. Also, I haven't flown since the stupid Lymphedema set in and I'm concerned about what effects flying will have on that. Oh, and I don't even OWN a coat or jacket that will fit with the stupid swollen arm. Have I mentioned that lymphedema is STUPID???! Also, Alex would not be able to go to Boston with us. She would be able to take care of our pup though, so there's that.....Fortunately, Ray can take vacation days if we decide to go. Meanwhile, Gisella and Nick are checking flights......

Okay, I have THAT rambling out of the way! It's pouring rain here, but I'm hoping for some clearing in a little while so I can get out the door for at least a walk....maybe a little run.

Also....I didn't ask Nick what would happen if we don't get along with the parents:roll::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-21 9:28 AM
:laugh:  to your last thought.

Just go with the flow Pam.  Wrap up in a big blanket in lieu of a coat and get your butt to Boston.  This sounds like a once in a lifetime occasion.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-12-21 9:39 AM
I'm gonna hit Goodwill this evening. If I don't find anything there....the blanket idea wins!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-21 9:55 AM
Oh, Goodwill is a sure thing!   I got a super cute wool coat there for $5 back around Halloween.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-21 10:38 AM
We don't have a very good Goodwill in our town. Prices are kind of high and it is a small selection. Lots of complaints on Facebook about it.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-12-21 11:03 AM
Ours isn't great either, but I thought I would give it a try.....once I actually make up my mind about the trip.:roll:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-21 12:12 PM
well you all have a standing invitation to come to here and check out my Goodwill.  We could have a field trip!
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-12-21 3:06 PM
That would be great! I have to say that the Goodwill that was in Minnesota when we lived there years ago, totally spoiled me for all other GW stores!! It was in walking distance of our house and I found the most amazing deals on winter wear! It was much needed-moving from GA to MN!!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-21 2:58 PM
This sounds like a good idea.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-21 8:24 AM
4x.   Santa needs to find a 4x coat for one of my homeless friends.  I had a 2x but it is way too small. 

I'm feeling overwhelmed and yesterday I said that I will never do this again.  It doesn't help coming down with a bad cold.   Zicam.  So many emails, texts, phone calls. 
Pastor at church ordered some candles from Amazon.  Amazon box arrived at church and he opened it.  It was full of underwear. We collect underwear for our guest.  Somebody just ordered it and had it sent directly to the church. 

No run this morning.  No energy.  Coffee did not help. Perhaps chiro and massage will loosen me up and re-energize.  Perhaps a run would re-energize me. 

Big news My son Scott gave his sweetheart a ring.  No wedding plans yet. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-12-21 8:40 AM
Tom, please remember to take care of yourself while taking such good care of everyone else. Congratulations to Scott and his sweetheart! Tis the season??!!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-21 9:31 AM
Exactly what Pam says.  Tom, go someplace quiet, sit and count your blessings.  And then count all the blessings you've been to others.  How close is your local library? -  put on your Santa vest and just sit in the library and smile at people for 1/2 an hour.  You will be refreshed.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-21 12:37 PM
Library is where all my homeless friends hang.  Santa is ready to head there now with a jacket for Bubba.   And Santa carries scratch off tickets for store clerks having long tough days.  Yes there is joy!:grin::cool:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-21 12:42 PM
:hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-21 2:58 PM
Santa take care of yourself!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-21 9:35 AM
Well Marilyn, I think you covered it all.  So glad we have our running forum to come to when the world is crazy.

I started the day with mass which got out just a bit too early to head to my next stop which was the library.  It's 1/2 block from church so convenient to restock my books while I'm in the neighborhood.   So I hopped in the car and drove to the coffee shop to waste some time.   Today's special was a Ho Ho Ho Hazelnut Latte.   It is a total sugar bomb and I am really enjoying it.:grin:  Then I went to the library and was the first patron of the day.  I love the morning quiet in there while wandering the stacks.  I did a bunch of online book searching before I went and came up empty.  Forgot how nice it is to stroll the shelves and discover a book in person.

So I have books, and coffee, and a rainy day.  Probably the last quiet before our lovely Christmas kicks in.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-21 2:59 PM
That latte sounds delicious!  We started our days very similar; I went to mass and then adoration.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-12-21 6:10 PM
I enjoy browsing library bookshelves.  Sounds like a nice morning you had.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-21 10:35 AM
Just keep the TV and radio news turned off and the day is like any other.

A new shopping center is being built here in Barboursville WV. Yesterday was the grand opening of the first 2 stores.  I stopped at each on the way home from work.  At Aldi's I got a got a free Aldi's shopping bag and some of the weird beer they sell there. (Beer wasn't free.)  Then I went to the new Sheetz. They were giving away free soda drinks and coffee. And to my utter amazement, they had Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs out!  They skipped right by the trees and hearts and went straight to the good stuff.  Needless to say, I bought one of them.  Gas was under $2 and I thought it was a grand opening special, but today I noticed that everyone is under $2.  WV priced are high compared to Kentucky and Ohio so they may have already been under $2 in those places.

Lots of rain here yesterday and today.  If the rain keeps just one person off the roads, it is worth it. :wink:  I went to the gym for some time on the ARC trainer and weights.  Felt really good when I was done.  I came home, took a shower, finished a biography of William Tyndale, and then I was off on some errands.  Home Depot, grocery store, and the dry cleaners for a pickup.  I took the day off work and I am enjoying just messing around with odds and ends.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-21 12:13 PM
I got that same Aldi bag when our new store opened.  I like the Kinroo Blue beer there.  Just sayin.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-21 3:02 PM
Aldi's is coming to San Antonio. I hope it's on the northwest side so it will be a tad closer to me.  Our gas is $1.92 at WalMart and $1.84 or less at Costco.

So happy you found the peanut butter eggs!  I know you love Reese's!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-21 12:15 PM
Michele checked in with me.  Surgery went well though she has lots of pain and blood pressure issues keeping her from her physical therapy.  She says hi to all!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-21 12:39 PM
Hi Michelle.  Recoop soon.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-21 3:02 PM
Hope the blood pressure is brought under control so she can start her physical therapy.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-21 3:04 PM
It is 66 degrees and sunny with beautiful blue skies.  I just returned from my walk.  Husband and friend are out golfing. 

I want to bake some cookies but am kinda lazy about it.  Don't know why, I like them and have all the ingredients.  Maybe if I "rest" for a while, the urge will hit me to bake.

Enjoy your Friday afternoon!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-21 4:11 PM
perfect weather!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 21 Dec 2018 Christmas Eve x4