Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wednesday is for Starting Running Again
- - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-12-19 7:24 AM
Yeah that's me. I am cleared by doc to start run/walk (his emphasis on walk) as stress fracture appears fully healed. I have been walking the past month and doing some light ply-metrics in my cardio classes and foot has been good. So today I started back on a 1/2 run/walk split for about 40 minutes. My legs and foot were tired at the end but no pain. Its fitting on G's birthday I got the good news on his day. So now it's up to me to not overdo it. If the month goes well I will start planning my 2019. There may be a marathon at the end of it.
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-19 7:42 AM
That's awesome news K!

I ran 5.4 this morning and felt fairly decent.  I have a ton of errands to run today, but hopefully none of them will take too long.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-12-19 9:47 AM
Great work on the 5.4 miler. :grin: Hope the errands are easy and short.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-12-19 9:47 AM
Great news about the fracture having healed. It seems so unfair that we runners still have fractures.
Tuesday was 45 minutes on the TM with intervals faster this time. Then I did a 30 minute cardio dvd. I’m trying to do more to keep the weight down.
Today I’m going down to the TM. I might try doing a shorter cardio dvd as well.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By newfmrs Date 2018-12-19 10:22 AM
Good workouts.  You definitely get in a good bit of cardio!
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-12-19 1:02 PM
You're so good about exercising.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-12-19 10:21 AM
Congrats on being cleared to run!!!  Happy (belated if it wasn't today) birthday to G as well.  What marathon are you planning?  Around here or back to Philly?  I had a good marathon at Philly and hope/plan to do it again some day...
Parent - By NotSoFast [us] Date 2018-12-19 12:59 PM
It would be Philly.
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-12-19 10:24 AM
a 26 minute jaunt.  I could have added more as I had a bit more time today (hence I'm here.)  I just didnt' feel motivated to do it.  Get to pick DD1 up from airport tonight.  Wish I'd get her for the longer between semesters break but she's got to head back for the swim team - practice starts back up Jan 2nd.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-12-19 1:01 PM
That's a short visit. I remember y it posts are her swimming.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-19 3:15 PM
26 minutes is better than nothing and hanging out talking about running is definitely important. :laugh:

Welcome home to DD1. :hug:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-12-19 4:23 PM
Good work on the 26 minutes! :hug:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-12-19 1:00 PM
Nothing for me today. Life is just getting in the way this week. I am not sleeping well, and yesterday I chose to skip a run. Wednesday I leave to early, plus I slept poorly again. Hoping to get out tomorrow morning for a run. We put the tree up Sunday, and I still didn't decorate it. By the time I get home, do a few chores and paperwork, I'm too tired to do it. Maybe tomorrow.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-19 3:18 PM
I'm sorry you haven't been sleeping well.  Skipping a run does seem like a wise choice.  I hope you can get a decent night's sleep tonight!

Very jealous that you just put up your tree!  Ours has been up since 25 November, I think. :roll:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-12-19 1:02 PM
Great news!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-12-19 6:45 PM
Really glad to hear this, NSF!! Enjoy, and don't overdo!

I'm joining you in the "return to running" thing; I did a total of 7 minutes of running on the TM yesterday, interspersed with walking, and a much more aerobically taxing interval workout on the elliptical.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wednesday is for Starting Running Again