Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday Christmas Eve x 6
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-19 6:30 AM
What's for Wednesday?

What's for breakfast?
What's for mileage?

What are you doing to spread a little Joy today?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-19 6:34 AM
Breakfast: banana bread and coffee with real cream.  Sorry about the cow pus Rob, but we made egg nog and have a little cream left over.

Mileage: zero on my running shoes today.  Power walking only.

Joy: I'm going to reach out to a couple old friends with some Christmas greetings.  And I have a service at church tonight that will be speading a little joy in my direction.

Happy Wednesday all.:happy::happy:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-19 9:21 AM
Christmas Joy to old friends sounds good.   Power walk....Is that you walking trying to hold back Misha?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-19 7:07 AM
Good morning and thank you for starting the eve countdown!

Today, I am going to take my friend out for lunch for her birthday.  Her birthday was in July but she was up north for the summer. 

Breakfast -- not sure.  I have been alternating between toast and yogurt.  But I am having coffee with my frothed milk.  Feel like I'm having coffee at a fancy place!  Rob doesn't like milk and calls it those horrible names that I can't even write? 

Mileage -- may take a break.  Have been working out daily.  I may call my cleaning the house as a workout.

Spreading joy?  Not only am I taking my friend out for lunch, but we may do some local shopping afterwards.

Enjoy the day!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-19 8:13 AM
Holy heart-rate Batman. I went to the clubhouse and ran 3 on the treadmill there.  The first mile was half walk, half jog, but then since my calf was feeling ok, I ran the 2nd and 3rd miles with the speed set at 5.5 mph.  I believe that is only an 11 minute per mile pace, but my heart rate pegged up around 166 for an extended time.

I almost thought of giving up before I made it to 3 miles, but I stuck with it to the end.  I was slightly worried that I would drop dead and some little 80 year old lady (or man) would discover me on the clubhouse floor. 

Breakfast was a cheese omelet and turkey bacon.  2 mugs of coffee (so far).

I have a book about Jonathan Edwards' "Theology of Joy", but I need to finish up 2 other books before I can start on it.  Once done, I'll answer the last QotD.  (That could be a month from now.)
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-19 9:26 AM Edited 2018-12-19 9:36 AM
Dave they are calling the treadmill repair man.  That 5.5mph was really 5.5 minute miles.  The repairman will be there on....Oh wait this is West Virginia.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-19 9:35 AM
Mileage...what I'd really like is to do an evening run.  We will see.

I'm stressed about Christmas Eve.  Only 3 things that people signed up for at church.  Rolls, Jello salad and a cake.  I know the church will come through providing food, but it sure makes it rough not knowing.  

Joy---I got to spread some JOY yesterday.  Santa got to hold a bunch of babies and have first Christmas pictures taken.  Lots of gifts for the moms and families.   I just pray that joy turns into HOPE. 

Tonight is carol sing on lawn of church. I'm in charge of fire and prayer tree. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-12-19 10:48 AM
Hello All.
Breakfast was eggs, hashbrowns and coffee.
running 5 or so at lunch time
Josh, Katie and Ellie are visiting from Arizona. Ellie is spreading Joy to all us here.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday Christmas Eve x 6