Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / It's Monday Masters 12/17
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-17 8:40 AM
In one week it will be Monday again. :wtf: It will be a different kind of Monday.  Post em, put 'em up.

QOTD:  What are your plans next Monday?
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-12-17 10:05 AM
Good Morning, Tom!

No definite plans for next Monday, other than going to a Christmas Eve church service.

I'm waiting for Alex to come back from a doctor's appointment. She's been sick for several days. Ears, throat, headache, etc. I will be going out for a walk/run in a little while. It probably won't be much to talk about, but it will be better than nothing, and for that, I am very thankful!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-17 11:47 AM
Enjoy the walk and take pleasure that you are doing that!  With all that you have been through it is MUCH BETTER than nothing.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-12-17 12:40 PM
Thanks, Tom! It was a nice walk! 60 degrees and sunny out! I took our little Brady pup out for a good run around our yard and then put him in his doggie stroller and headed out for a long walk! Yes, I'm now one of those flaky old people who put their dog in a stroller!! Funny story-A few weeks ago Ray and I were out and saw someone with 2 pups in a doggie stroller. I jokingly told Ray that I needed one for Brady because I can't go far with him because his little legs can't take it. A couple of days later my neighbor put on FB that she had a dog stroller that she was getting rid of! She has 2 poodles and bought the stroller for them, but then got pregnant with her first baby. She decided she couldn't push BOTH strollers.......SOOOOO, Brady and I can now go strolling through the neighborhood!:laugh:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-17 2:51 PM
:cool::cool::cool:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-17 3:17 PM
I saw runner at the Marshall Marathon and Half-Marathon with a dog in a stroller.  Not sure which event they were in.

Or, maybe it was a 5k I was in.  I am really fuzzy on the details, but I did see it at a race.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-12-17 5:05 PM
Wow! That's funny! I feel weird enough using the stroller in my own neighborhood, but Brady loves it, so I'll keep using it.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-17 10:41 AM
thanks for the start Tom!

Pam, good to see you!!

I just finished up at the animal shelter (bought a plate of Christmas cookies from their fundraiser) and am headed out to hike the timber with my favorite Husky.  Yoga later.

QOTD- Amy will be here but not the Michiganders.:sad:  They don't arrive until the weekend after Christmas.  Ahh, the bright side is celebrating the holiday twice.  So...I'll start the day at the animal shelter, then Amy can help me wear out Misha.  We go to the 5pm children's service at church and then I think we're going to grill some steaks an drink some eggnog. :happy::happy:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-17 11:50 AM
Christmas Eve with the animals is very appropriate.  You could get a role as the one who cleans the stable in the Christmas pageant.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-17 12:34 PM
:laugh:
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-12-17 12:42 PM
Thanks, Dawn! I think it's great that you do so much at the animal shelter! I really wish I wasn't so allergic to cats.:sad: I would love to volunteer.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-17 1:52 PM
The dust from the cat litter is truly the worst part of it.  Sometimes I've had to tie a bandana around my nose and mouth.  I'm not allergic to cats, but oh that litter dust!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-12-17 10:51 AM
It's a short work week.  Today and tomorrow school is in session, but starting Wednesday school is out until January 3.  Our principal provided a catered lunch today for staff. 

Tomorrow about 40 students are going to a movie for a reward they have earned this year.  I get to drive them on the bus so I'll pick up a bus from the garage today after school.  Maybe another gym session with weights after that.

6 miles this morning.

Ryan will be home next Monday.  Makayla is already home.  It will be great to have both my "kids" home at the same time.   We will attend a Christmas Eve worship service.  Melissa will make preparations for a breakfast casserole for Christmas morning.  We will watch "It's A Wonderful Life" Christmas eve.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-17 11:16 AM
Our small group started making plans to see It's A Wonderful Life at the theater next Sunday.  I don't like the movie and I've seen it 50 times already so I said I would only go if I could bring a flask of whiskey and if Cindy would drive so I could drink all I wanted. 

I don't think my attitude went over too well with the group.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-17 11:52 AM
Lynda and I both commented that we must not be true Americans because we both have never watched the entire movie.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-12-17 12:53 PM
Dave, you always make me laugh! I DO like that movie, but Ray is SUCH a huge Christmas music kind of guy and he listens to it every minute that we are in the car. We were stuck in traffic forever on Saturday on our way to the mall with Alex, Conor, and his girlfriend and I thought I would jump out of the car from Christmas music overload! I thought THAT was horrible and then we got to the mall......OMG, we were there for HOURS and the only thing we bought was a pair of socks......SOOOOO many hours I can't get back! But hey....it was time with the kids! LOL! BTW, I love hearing SOME Christmas music, especially at church, but these were mostly silly Christmas songs! It DID make me smile that we heard "Baby It's Cold Outside" 3 times while we were at and around the mall:cool::laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-17 12:33 PM
catered lunch: woo hoo!  enjoy.
Parent - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-12-17 12:45 PM
6 miles sounds great!

I know it WILL be great to have both kids home for the holidays! We haven't watched "It's A Wonderful Life" yet this year, but I'm sure we will at some point!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-17 11:06 AM
Probably nothing for me today.  I turned off my alarm and slept in.  Now I have to stay around the house all day on the off chance some guys will be here to finish up the gas log insert installation.  They said they would be back last Thursday but did not show or call.  I called them on Friday afternoon and they said they would come Monday.  I don't believe a word they say.

No plans yet for next Monday. There is an evening church service but I don't know if I'll feel like fighting the crowds.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-17 11:54 AM
I think you need to go to the mall next Monday and pick up some gifts for the roofers and chimney guys.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-17 1:53 PM
apparently my carpenter, Matthew, has relocated to your neck of the woods.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-17 2:20 PM
It's after 3:00 and I have been here all day. I don't understand why you tell someone you'll be there and not show-up or call, and then do it again and again.  I will never use this company again or recommend them to anyone.

I can work at home so it isn't too big a deal, but I like to takes breaks. Run an errand or two.  Go for a walk.  Whatever.  But day after day I am just stuck here waiting.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-17 12:00 PM
Put 'em up.  That's what the scale said this morning when I got on.  Friday--buffet lunch with friends. Sat--Christmas party.  Sun--two parties. Today--buffet lunch with Army buddies.   Got a short run.  My neighbor stops me--hey Tom take this.  Bags of candy and tin of cookies.  Better than somebody's out of date pork chops.

Working now on Christmas Eve plans.  Lots of goodies coming across in emails and texts. 

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-17 12:34 PM
hey, those chops are in my outdoor garbage can.  C'mon over!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-17 4:23 PM
Busy day; counter money, worked out and getting ready for a meeting this evening.  All good work!

QOTD -- I'll do my baking and perhaps go to the Children's mass.  I hope the weather is nice and sunny.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / It's Monday Masters 12/17