Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Hi Master, Sunday, 12/16/2018
- - By rungear [us] Date 2018-12-16 9:11 AM
Whatcha up to today, and the upcoming week before Santa arrives? :wtf:

3ish easy trail miles for me this morning and as usual coffee with the guys at McD in Livermore,   Our work-outs are at Shadow Cliffs Park.  and McD is about one block away.

Wishing all a food Sunday!

Later alligators. :wink:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-16 12:25 PM
a food Sunday or a good Sunday ??

I'll take either.    Thanks for the start Jim.

Put me down for 5miles.   Over the river but not quite thru the woods.:grin:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-16 8:31 PM
Five miles!  Good for you!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-16 12:26 PM
We made the coffee at church today. Once home, I took a walk up the hill behind the condo.  3 miles total.  Now it is time to finally wrap the grandkids gifts and get the box ready to send tomorrow.  I meant to do the wrapping yesterday but somehow never got around to it. I think since I knew it would be Monday before I shipped the package it was easy to procrastinate.

I went to the mall area yesterday and it was more crowded than I have ever seen anything in my life. I did not come in on the interstate, but I could see that traffic was backed-up around the exit ramps and back on the actual highway.  I went to Best Buy first and barely found a parking spot, and then I went to the mall itself and had the same issue.  I would have never gone out if I had known what it was like.

The road back home was backed-up for a couple miles and I had to cut off that and wind my way through the back roads to get home.

I don't plan to do anymore shopping in person for a long time.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-16 12:29 PM
I read a story today that maybe the malls stand a chance of making a comeback.  seems Google has jacked up it's advertising costs for online shops so much that it is now actually cheaper for them to woo new customers with brick and mortar stores.  (With the assumption that mall rental rates have fallen)
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-16 1:11 PM
If you think this weekend is bad, wait till next weekend when it's too late to order online. Lynda is so glad to be done with that.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-16 8:33 PM
Coming home from Austin last night, we went by "Santa's Ranch."  It's a ranch with many, many lights.  You should have seen the traffic!  Insane!

I bet you have fun spoiling those grandchildren!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-16 1:18 PM
Put me down for 1 Wawa hoagie, and 2 parties later this afternoon.  I've been at Shirley since 6 AM.  Could not sleep after last nights party. Up till 3 AM. 

Rain, rain and more rain.  And 40 degrees.  Feel really bad for homeless friends.  When I went to Wawa I drove around town to see if I could find a couple guys.  I will go back again, and take them to the parties.

Tom in DE
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-16 8:30 PM
I too feel bad for those that don't have shelter.

Oh Wawa does have good sandwiches and soup!  And the coffee!  Yum yum!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-16 2:50 PM
Is it a good Sunday! 

We worked out this morning before church.  What a perfect start to my day!  Then I ran into some parishioners I hadn't seen in a while and I met a couple that is down here from Canada for the winter.  I heard them talking and I welcomed them and introduced myself and told them all about our parish. 

My late Mother used to say that she felt that "joy, joy, joy deep in her heart" well today I am feeling it!  To honor her memory, I'm baking a buttermilk pie for Christmas.  Once she found that recipe, it was a staple on Christmas Day.

Enjoy the rest of the day!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-16 4:33 PM
This should read "It is a good Sunday!"
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Hi Master, Sunday, 12/16/2018