Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / It's the Thursday Dailies
- - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 8:17 AM
Post away feeps!

SDO for me from running. so 90 minute Bikram class this morning. Benji was sad he wasn't leaving with me, but I will take him for a walk this afternoon if it's not pouring when I get home.

confession - we're only supposed to concentrate on ourselves in the mirror, but the girl next to me this morning just... super banging muscly (like competitive weight lifting shape) the tan that's just a little too much for a white girl, but her face :cry:... the fillers, and puffy lips, etc. I couldn't not look. I know I'm not supposed to, but it was just...why, why do people do those things to their face? I don't get it. she was super bendy though and put my 4th class back self to shame :blush:
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-12-06 9:24 AM
The great thing about white girls with fake tans is some of them kind of take on the hue of a ball glove and makes me happy thinking spring training is only 2 months away.

Not to get all serious (because I'm not) but when I see people with fake faces etc I hope that whatever they did made them happy because obviously they weren't before.....and who knows what the root cause is/was for their
unhappiness.  :hug:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 9:49 AM
baseball!

I hope she is happy too, but man, sometimes it is hard not to be a judgy mcjudgerson
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 2:34 PM
hue of a ball glove.:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-12-06 10:02 AM
Seven miles last night out on the trails at Green Lane. Cold and mucky out there. For some reason I was not in the mood to run but I did so anyway. Call it a stubborn night. I was moving pretty slow, but where I could have cut the run short I didn't, and when it became dark enough for my headlamp I said screw it and decided to push into the darkness despite having the light in my pocket. The last mile was pretty stupid as it was pretty much completely dark and most all of the ambient light was gone, but I followed the trail in the meadow instead of the woods so I could sort of make out the "path". Had some dark thoughts there since the run was so slow. What the heck am I doing out here anyway slogging away in the cold, the dark, and the mud? Running is weird.

Oh, so as I running back to the parking lot I see a truck pull into the lot. Mind you it's completely dark now. I always wonder what people are up to in a case like this? Some other crackpot getting ready to start a run, or up to something nefarious?

Run today? Sure why not. I gave the Lady the day off yesterday so will get her out for a few miles late afternoon.
Parent - - By donnasaur Date 2018-12-06 10:13 AM
running is weird, but getting out there and doing it usually feels worthwhile.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-12-06 10:16 AM
Yes, running is part of my mental and physical health plan but sometimes I wonder about the mental part!   :laugh:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 10:42 AM
Illegal hunting? We had an incident on our trails, so the city installed a motion sensor camera way out there. My co-worker showed me the footage. Scary how many people are our there 4 wheeling and just doing not runner things out there in the middle of the night.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-12-06 1:02 PM
Interesting thought about the hunting, but they would have needed night scopes. Plenty of deer there though as it's no hunting at all times of the year. I saw a 6 or 8 point buck there last night.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 1:47 PM
Be careful out there :hug:
Parent - - By donnasaur Date 2018-12-06 10:12 AM
we saw a person like that at the airport (not the muscles, but the face). N could not stop staring, which was totally inappropriate, but it is kind of like my feeling about people who do visible piercing/tattoos on their face. I think that it is expected that someone would look at it, right? The lip fillers always look so odd to me.

this reminds me-did I ever post here about my neighbor who had a botox party? wine + botox and someone came over and did the injections in the living room-in front of the huge bay window that faces the street:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 10:20 AM
holy cow - drinking and face injections together?!? :laugh: no thank you!

her upper lip was just so much bigger than it should be and it was distracting. but her toenail color was a nice coral color. :happy:
Parent - - By donnasaur Date 2018-12-06 10:21 AM
also, some rando injecting a toxin into your face in a non-medical environment? It was so weird.

And I'm not just saying that because I wasn't invited: pbbt:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-12-06 2:32 PM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-12-06 3:37 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-12-06 8:47 PM
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 2:15 PM
I don't know whether to be :shocker!::shocker!: or :laugh::laugh: at the botox party! That's a lot of crazy!
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-12-06 10:27 AM
When I do yoga, I keep my eyes closed most of the time. Of course, I always hope that no one is looking at my attempts to do some of the poses!
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 10:44 AM
And I'm the opposite! Well, half the time I lower or close my eyes, but I do watch other people so I know what I'm doing! I'm a visual learner. I can't be read to. Audiobooks are lost on me.  I lose focus in 30 sec. Same with yoga instructions.
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-12-06 10:57 AM
Since I keep my eyes closed, I'm basically OK with the instructor coming over to adjust my stance. One thing I've found interesting is that from the time I started doing yoga to now, I've noticed that instructors now ask permission to touch you if they see that your pose needs adjustment. I'd gotten used to an instructor raising my arm a little higher or something like that and just doing it, but now they ask. I guess it's better to ask, of course.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 11:18 AM
It's good to ask, because one instructor went to adjust my leg - the first time after my knee surgery and I about kicked him! And then I almost ran out of class. It was really scary going back since that's how I tore it
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 11:07 AM
we're only allowed to close our eyes at the end in savasana. the rest of the time we're supposed to be watching ourselves suck in the mirror :laugh:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 11:19 AM
We don't have mirrors! I'm kind of thankful for that. Yesterday I did something I normally wouldn't do.... I got in the front row of the hot box. That means there were two rows behind me. :shocker!: One of my buddies from school was behind me and she told me yesterday after at school...  looking good up there in the front. Made me happy and nervous all over again. :laugh:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 11:29 AM
nice job :cool:
I'm so not front row ready - I had to do second row this morning and I was like...nooooo!
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 12:12 PM
Yikes! Mirrors are sooooo helpful to me. Just because I THINK I'm doing something, doesn't mean I'm doing it at all. The mirrors show me that. In down dog, raising one leg... Your toe is supposed point down. I always think it's pointing down, I have to physically need it to know, nope... Not even close. And then it took me literally months to get my foot to even wiggle let alone turn my foot down. My mind-body disconnect is huge

Edit - I was once in class when my big big boss (city manager) got in class RIGHT behind me. Nope! Not awkward at all!!! :cry:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 1:47 PM
Good work! :grin::grin:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-12-06 2:54 PM
I color my hair so it isn't grey, but no way I am ever doing botox or fillers.  Gross and fake.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:42 PM
Well I hope Benji gets his walk and the rain holds off.  Y'all don't need any more, that's for sure. 

The classmate - :wtf:  and awkward 

be PROUD of your 4th class back, proud I say !! :cool:
Parent - By george [us] Date 2018-12-07 7:21 AM
Felt pretty good yesterday so I ran 6.2 miles. Still have some remnants of HFM but feeling mostly normal.
- - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 9:11 AM
Probably a rest day today, might run or spin tonight, but last night was Philip's office holiday dinner, so I had my annual too-many-martinis-and-pick-a-fight-with-Philip's-boss night.:blush::roll:  The alcohol made me wake up at 1am, then Philip's snoring kept me awake the rest of the night, and when I finally fell asleep at 5am, my little bastard chihuahua, who thinks he's a cat, woke me up at 6am. Gonna be a fun day!:laugh:
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-12-06 9:26 AM
I let my bastard cat, who thinks she's a dog, in the house around 4am this morning for about 10 minutes while I reloaded her food and thawed her water and cat milk bowls.:hug:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 10:00 AM
You have a watchcat!:cool:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 9:48 AM
I think a lunch nap would be in my future with that crazy night!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 2:17 PM
Definitely!
Parent - - By donnasaur Date 2018-12-06 10:13 AM
what did you fight about???
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 12:14 PM
This! You can't say something like that and not tell!
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 2:22 PM
Politics, of course. Philip's office is a den of Trumpers. And I was fully prepared to keep my mouth shut, but his boss started bringing things up, and... then Philip stepped between us.:laugh: I'm not a big drinker, wine gives me bad heartburn, and one beer here and there is usually plenty for me, but I get so upset going to that party- every year for 3 years- that I start with a vodka martini right out of the gate. Last night, I had three.:blush:
Parent - - By donnasaur Date 2018-12-06 2:26 PM
i really can't understand people who are Trumpers anymore.
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 2:30 PM
Did you see what Obama said about how this country is divided to the point of two different realities. It's scary.
Parent - By donnasaur Date 2018-12-06 2:54 PM
I did, and it is true. What really horrifies me is the supposedly smart people who are falling into it.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-12-06 2:27 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-12-06 2:33 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::cool:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:01 PM
As someone who spends her days with Trumpers, I realize no discussion is  going to convince a Trumper to change their mind.  That said, over the past 18 months or so, I have witnessed many changing their mind on their own.  Next office party, stay away from the boss.  Walk away.  If you must argue with someone about it, don't do it with his boss.
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 8:41 PM
Oh believe me, I've long since realized arguing does not change their minds. But when the statements putting forth absolute bullshit are so huge, I will almost always respond. I wasn't out to argue with anyone. And if it's his boss that opens the door... well...

I have not seen many changing their minds on their own. What I've seen is more people who did not bother to vote before 2018, come out and vote in 2018. Rocking the vote among former non-voters is awesome, and so important, but the demographic percentages of voters in the recent election tell me that overall, minds are not changed. I'm thinking particularly of the figure that 59% of white woman voters in Texas voted for Cruz, the same percentage that went with Trump.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-12-06 9:23 PM
Your current livelihood doesn't not rely upon comminucating with people, many who may have different views from you. Mine does and  apparently Philip's does. Arguing politics with those who have influence over our ability to earn a living and pay the bills is shortsighted and not wise. As you were apparently not speaking to the 59% percent of white women in Texas who voted for Cruz, I am not sure what that has to do with the fact you antogized Phillip's boss.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-12-06 10:17 AM
You need hair of the dog today!!  :grin:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 2:23 PM
:laugh::cry:
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-12-06 10:28 AM
Sounds like a great party. :laugh:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 2:23 PM
It was after the second drink, but the third martini really made it special.:roll:
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-12-06 10:28 AM
:laugh: I wanna know what you fought about too :grin:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 2:28 PM
I'll give you a hint:laugh:: remember when Macy's and some other department stores stopped carrying Ivanka Trump's brand, a few years ago? Well, Philip's boss's wife would not stop bitching about how unfair that was to "poor Ivanka.":roll::roll: His boss and the boss's whole family is like that.  But last night, he brought it up!: pbbt:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-12-06 2:31 PM
:shocker!::cry:
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:48 PM
gawd in heaven - I have dear family members who have been integral to my upbringing back to before I could read (and remember, I'm a senior member of this group).  They actually believe that these rich people are setting aside their fortunes to lead the country :roll::roll:  Puh-leez.  I will try to stop now. 

No.  Wait, maybe I should make a vodka martini and go raise some hell  :evil:.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 8:42 PM
Better make a few of those martinis! You'll need more than one.:wink:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 4:11 PM
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 1:46 PM
Yea, we want to hear about the fight!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 2:28 PM

See above
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2018-12-06 2:33 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:  Our guest bed is on permanent standby for the nights DH won't stop snoring - I need a Plan B so that I don't kill him.  :laugh:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 2:40 PM
When you figure out plan B, let me know what it is!:laugh:  I finally got up to go sleep in my guest room, but then looked at the clock and it was almost 6am, so I just got up.:meh:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 2:50 PM
Ear plugs have saved both my life and DH's. It took several attempts for me to learn how to get them in correctly. But now I am so used to them that I wear them even if I'm by myself.  My phone alarm is plenty loud enough for me to wake up even with them.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 8:44 PM
That's the funny thing! I was wearing earplugs! I've worn earplugs for years! And they do work, most of the time, but when his allergies are bad, or he has a glass or two of wine, omg, it's a freakin' chainsaw. The earplugs don't do it.:cry:
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:43 PM
I would probably have been right in there with you, unadvised as it might be.  For me, it's waaaay beyond politics now.  :mutmad:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 8:44 PM
:hug:
- - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-12-06 9:19 AM
9km with Molly girl....a little Groundhog Day-ish…-2C feels like -7C but on our way to 0C clear starry morning ….looks like the snow will come next week depending on the temp.

Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-12-06 9:26 AM
Look at me replying to everyone!  :hug:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 9:47 AM
our Molly woke up SS12 twice in the middle of the night to go out for a #2 - he tried to let her out the second time (midnight) w/out telling us and set off the alarm. fun times. so Molly stayed the rest of the evening in her kennel. It was 53F when I left for yoga this morning, but I think the cold (not quite your cold) is on the way.
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-12-06 10:58 AM
Those clear winter mornings are amazing. :cool:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 12:15 PM
Sounds beautiful!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 1:46 PM
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-12-06 2:33 PM
Sounds very pretty!
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:50 PM
If The Weather Channel is to be trusted, some folks in the central US are gonna get a whole bunch of snow :shocker!:
- - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-12-06 9:24 AM
12.37 mi this chilly morning. At work early today (again), but this time because I need to cut out early today.

Made some sugar cookie dough last night, and then rolled and cut star shapes from about two-thirds of it before realizing I was exhausted and needed to turn in. So I'll roll the rest of the dough tonight or tomorrow, and then chill the cutouts until I start baking on Saturday morning. I gotta say one big plus for cold weather is that I can roll out a piece of dough, put it on a sheet pan, place it on a rack on the enclosed back porch, and let it cool down before I start cookie-cuttering it. None of that crap with trying to fit a sheet pan in the fridge!

On the downside, like an idiot, I forgot my book when I left the house this morning. On the plus side, I had six other books in the car, so I'll start something new at lunchtime today.
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-12-06 9:25 AM
The last time I had 6 books in my car I was moving :laugh::hug:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-12-06 2:34 PM
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 9:46 AM
I think we'll be making some cookies this weekend, but we definitely haven't started any dough yet. #cookieslacking
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-12-06 9:47 AM
Hopefully you find the cash to get started!  :hug:  #nodough
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 9:50 AM
well, it is payday.. and bill paying day :sad:
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-12-06 1:50 PM
Too bad my name isn't Bill :hug:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 2:06 PM
what do you call a man with no arms and no legs in your wallet?

Bill : pbbt:
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-12-06 2:28 PM
:meh:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 2:32 PM
what do you call a girl with no arms and no legs on the grill?

Patty
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-12-06 3:09 PM
What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs holding up a car?

Jack

What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs in a pile of leaves?

Russell

What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs holding up a car in a pile of leaves?

Jack Russell

:meh:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 4:14 PM
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-12-06 8:53 PM
What do you call a guy with no arms and no legs on your porch?

Matt
Parent - - By donnasaur Date 2018-12-06 10:14 AM
what will you be reading today???
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-12-06 10:26 AM
Immigrant, Montana by Amitava Kumar. I'll be trying to finish An American Marriage this coming weekend!
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-12-06 10:29 AM
I forgot my breakfast/lunch this morning :meh:

Nice run!
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 12:17 PM
We do our Xmas cut-out cookies come in all weird non traditional shapes - bats, rhinos, elephants, dinosaurs, ghosts, etc. :blush:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 1:46 PM
:grin: Nice run!

I haven't attempted sugar cookies. I would like to sometime!!
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:23 PM
Nice to have the porch option for cold storage this time of year :happy:

What's the best read on Lewis and Clark?  I started Undaunted Courage by Stephen Ambrose.  Then suddenly the book was due and I had to take it back (weird library system here.  all volunteer.  I was a new patron.  Have to pay to use the neighboring community's library :wtf:)  I plan to go back and pick up where I left off, but hey, if you have another suggestion, I'll be glad to give it a try
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-12-06 9:50 AM Edited 2018-12-06 9:53 AM
My workout will be teaching spin class tonight using my "almost all" Queen/"Bohemian Rhapsody" playlist.  We'll see if my evening riders like as well as the morning folks. 

Pizza & beer with 3 or 4 guys I used to run with after class.

DD posted a photo of the crib she & her DH have set up for the soon to be arriving baby girl...that cat has managed to find his way into! :laugh:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 10:07 AM
I'm sure they will love that playlist!

pizza sounds amazing - but then it always does :laugh:
Parent - - By donnasaur Date 2018-12-06 10:16 AM
our cat Moxie loved all of the baby stuff. I remember the first time I accidentally left the door open and found him in the crib with N, she was only about two weeks and I was so worried. He wouldn't have hurt her intentionally but he was about 18lbs and loved to cuddle.

The cat will really love the floor gyms/exercise mats with all the dangly toys that make noises. Best cat toys ever!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-12-06 8:53 PM
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 12:18 PM
I bet they will. I've been enjoying all of the queen songs on the radio lately
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 1:45 PM
Enjoy your class! Nice playlist!
And pizza :cool:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-12-06 2:34 PM
Aw.  :hug::hug::hug:  Buying baby supplies is so much fun.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:56 PM
oh yes, my grandkitty thinks all those snuggly things are just for her :grin:
- - By donnasaur Date 2018-12-06 10:08 AM
good morning!

Well, I ran on the hotel TM this morning. 7 miles. My big victory yesterday was that after walking to my hotel, conveniently located in CHinatown, I found a vegetarian chinese restaurant. So good. And I was in bed by 8.

I am scheduled to fly home tomorrow at 8am, which gets me to Dallas at about 1:30. It is fine, but I hate losing a day. I am entertaining the though of standby on the redeye, which leaves at 12:40AM or so, and lands at 5AM something. It sucks though, since it is only a 3 hour flight so no time to actually sleep. I don't know.
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 10:21 AM
I mean - you could get a pretty solid nap in with 3 hours :cool:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-12-06 10:22 AM
Redeye flights always wear me out. If it was me, I'd go with the more casual schedule, but then again I have trouble sleeping more than 1/2 hour on a plane.
Parent - - By donnasaur Date 2018-12-06 10:32 AM
i think that is what I will do. I still wont get a lot of sleep but I will get something. I can't sleep on a flight.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:58 PM
There's something about stretching out horizontal, even if it's for a short time, that makes for much better rest
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-12-06 2:35 PM
Yeah, I agree.  I think you lose a day either way so might as well go with the option that gives you a good night of sleep.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 12:19 PM
Ugh. I'd do the non red eye option, but I have trouble sleeping in public places
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 1:44 PM
Glad you got a run in! :grin:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-12-06 2:10 PM
sleep is more important to me too! at least on that plane ride that gets in at 1, you can do some other things besides try and sleep badly for 3 hours! 

score on dinner!
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-12-06 2:46 PM
An entirely veg Chinese restaurant sounds so awesome.
- - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-12-06 10:26 AM
Hi people.

7.5 last night. Peppy run. Lots of stars last night. Had PT first thing this morning and will get out for 5 or 6 after work. We may get some light lake effect so I kinda hope it's snowing during my run.

I left my breakfast and lunch on the kitchen counter this morning :sad:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 10:33 AM
glad the PT has gotten you back out there :happy:

sucks about your food - are you going to have to throw some of it away?
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-12-06 10:37 AM
Nah. I'll just bring it in tomorrow. PB&J and an apple and some yogurt and a banana and pop tarts. Should be okay.
Parent - By N70SAK Date 2018-12-06 10:59 AM
:hug: Nice lunch!
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 12:20 PM
Bummer!!! :cry:
Yay for the peppy run!! :cool:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-12-06 2:36 PM
No breakfast or lunch!  :cry::cry::cry:
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-12-06 2:46 PM
I hope you found something for breakfast and lunch! :shocker!:
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-12-06 3:08 PM
I got cookies out of the vending machine for breakfast then ran out at lunch and picked up a sammich.
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-12-06 3:40 PM
Whew!  I get hangry when I skip meals.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 4:00 PM
If you saw lots of stars, that means it was very dark :shocker!:  where do you run so  (1) you're safe from traffic and such (2) you don't stumble and fall in the dark ??  However you manage it, I'm impressed !
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 10:59 AM
I had a nice morning this morning! :grin:  Temp was 19* with little to no wind.  I was doing the happy dance.  Ran 35 min out from new gym.  I started going down this road a few weeks ago. It’s uphill the first mile, but then just gentle inclines/declines and very straight and mostly with a sidewalk (after 2 miles).  When I first move here, I tried to run there.  Back then it was fully of angry “newly” (5 years ) annexed peeps who refused to obey the leash/fence law.  I don’t like loose dogs.  25 years later, I guess they are all gone.  Anyhow, I just run out 30-35 min and negative split it back.  Usually, this is easy with the final downhill plus I start SUPER slow… But this morning, I went out in 35 min and came back in 30! :cool: Just felt like a great morning to be alive.  Then, I did the shoulders and abs video.  I was strong there too. :happy:

Stressing a bit about all the stuff I have to get done.  And I have my weekly meeting with my boss tomorrow, and I don’t think I’ve gotten barely anything accomplished since last week.  I’m not even sure what I did this week, and I have a funeral to attend shortly. :blush: And tomorrow is the first HS swim meet, so I’m busy gathering entries and creating the meet program and assorted documents.  I have one PITA demanding coach to deal with.  Ugh.  This is the last year though!  Another happy dance.  The coach and I realized we’ve been doing this 6 years.  And add to that the 7 years prior that I ran the Y’s program almost entirely by myself, it’s been a long time!  And not something I’ll be sad to see go.  At this point I only do the computer/meet stuff to help out the coach – the coach isn’t even a swimmer.  He’s just doing it to keep a team going.  Once I quit the Y, the program almost died immediately and it shows.  The HS team used to have 60ish kids.  We’re now down to 18  with 9 seniors and 5 juniors.  The juniors/seniors are the last AG I really got a chance to work with.   I wouldn’t be surprised if the team dissolves after we leave.  OTOH, a new gal is slowly rebuilding the Y team and she seems competent.  So maybe it will pick up again someday down the road.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-12-06 11:19 AM
Glad you had such a good morning. It's so nice when it's like that.
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 11:32 AM
nice split! :cool:
Nice run!! :cool:
Good luck with all the stuff!!!
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-12-06 2:08 PM
that is a great morning! and nice that you outlasted the attitude in that neighborhood.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-12-06 2:31 PM

> Just felt like a great morning to be alive. 

:cool::cool::cool::hug:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 4:03 PM
maybe the loose dogs have succumbed to traffic by now :mischief:

Good luck getting all the prep work completed - that's a lot of stuff!!
- - By essel [us] Date 2018-12-06 11:11 AM
I got up for my run. once I dressed I heard something outside: the rain picked up...ugh...changed back and went back to bed for another 40 min of sleep. Swim tonight! Hopefully more than 1 lane will be open.

Got an offer, I like it but I'm checking if they can improve $$ part. Last time I was that far (with different company) and I tried to negotiate salary they withdrew the offer so now I'm a little stressed out. Hopefully that won't happen again.

Happy runs all!:cool:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 11:32 AM
I think that might be my reality tomorrow. I'm not sure how successful I'll be trying to get out there :blush:
Parent - By essel [us] Date 2018-12-06 12:12 PM
I can run in the showers but we had a down pour. Backyard is a pool of water now. Dog didn't enjoy his morning pee....

it looks like it finally stopped raining! yay!
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 12:22 PM
Im glad you were able to fall back asleep!

I'm no help on the $$$ thing, but lots of sympathy. That would stress me out for sure
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 1:43 PM
I think the rain is coming here. I was planning on running with my hubs in the a.m. I hope it's not a downpour.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-12-06 2:06 PM
good luck with the negotiating! very stressful but very necessary!
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-12-06 2:24 PM
Oh, wow, that's hardball (withdrawing the offer) - seems ridiculous.  Anyway, here's hoping it works out better this time.  :hug:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 4:05 PM
I often have light rain vs downpour in my weather conditions now.  I can do the light rain.  Have to pass on the downpours.  Glad you snagged a little extra sleep.
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 11:23 AM
8 miles with my Thursday buddy. I enjoy her company a lot! The river crossing was open so it was a fun run!

We ran into some ladies at the water stop who had met there in FTW to ride 100 miles for one of their 50th birthdays! They had 5 miles to go. One was from Kansas and one from Arkansas I think. Anyways, I thought that was really cool! It was nice to welcome them to Fort Worth!

We're getting the tree tonight! Excited for that. I also have a cookie exchange tomorrow ... wanted to make Doughboy's cookies but I've quickly gotten behind so going to make the chocolate pb globs again since I have all the stuff. I will try and make those for the family Christmas. :hug:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 11:31 AM
nice run!
the bikers got lucky with the temps this morning for their ride :happy:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 12:23 PM
That's cool about the bday biker group :happy:
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-12-06 2:05 PM
doughboy's cookies are on our list to make too.

that would be fun to do a big ride like that somewhere else with friends. i'd hate to have to ship a bike though.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 2:13 PM
I feel like maybe they drove?! Still a good drive too!
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-12-06 2:28 PM
Neat idea on the birthday century!
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 4:08 PM
It will be fun putting up the tree with the kids -- lots of good memories :hug:
- - By nooner [us] Date 2018-12-06 1:35 PM
4 miles on the elliptical.

My feet get very uncomfortable after a while on the elliptical. Maybe that will improve over time but right now that (and boredom) is the limiting factor. One of the older guys does about 50 push-ups when he gets there so I did 25 today and will work on increasing that.

I did some shopping last night and have a few beers picked out to do a little Charleston beer tasting with Martha and her crew coming down to run the Kiawah marathon this head down tomorrow around noon and will get there mid-afternoon.
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 1:43 PM
Are you off of running for now? I may have missed that.
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2018-12-06 2:12 PM
Yes, I’m off running for a bit. Dr suspects a meniscus tear and I’m waiting to get the MRI. The elliptical doesn’t bother the knee so that’s what I’m going to be doing for a while.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-12-06 2:27 PM
Netflix is the only thing that saves me on the TM or elliptical.  Otherwise I go slightly bonkers.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 4:11 PM
GAH!!!! Sorry dude.
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-12-06 2:02 PM
i've given up on the elliptical. it bugs everything!

ooh, personalized beer tasting! have fun with that! had you been planning on running Kiawah?
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2018-12-06 2:13 PM
I signed up for the full last year the day after the race when it was only $41. I was going to swap to the half but now even that is out. I know a bunch of people running so will go down and cheer them on.
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 2:47 PM
I can't do the ET for that reason. How long until the MRI? I put off getting a prescription for one for about 6 months, but once I did, they got it done the next day and everything moved quickly after that. Hoping yours is sooner vs later
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:30 PM
I should know more about the MRI schedule by tomorrow. The follow-up appointment to read the MRI has been set for Dec 18 so it has to happen before that.
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:06 PM
Do you have an ipad?  I watched tons of Netflix stuff when I stuck on the elliptical.  It still sucked, but at least I wasn't bored!
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:33 PM
I do have an iPad but it is WiFi only. I do manage our WiFi hotspots so can bring one down but overall reception in our fitness center is pretty crappy. I will give it a try.

I could also download stuff from Amazon Prime.

They have TV’s in the fitness center but I; the last upgrade of equipment, they forgot to wire up the sound so you can’t  hear anything. :laugh:
Parent - - By essel [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:19 PM
Personally I'm more achy after elliptical than after a run, it has to do something with the hip, leg, ankle alignment and since I don't belong to the gym I don't need to work hard to avoid the torture on elliptical :)
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:37 PM
After a while on either the TM or elliptical I get “sealegs” and wobble around for a while. I’m keeping my eyes open for a used bike so that I can get outside and avoid this torture. :grin:
Parent - - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 4:09 PM
FWIW, the numb feet are a standard by-product on an elliptical.  That doesn't make it any more fun, but at least you won't have to worry that you're doing something wrong. 

Push-ups :cool:
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2018-12-06 4:12 PM
This.  Check to see if you can adjust the angle of the footbed.  I did that and poof!  No more numbness.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 4:16 PM
duly noted.  Thanks :cool:
- - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-12-06 1:59 PM
i have the same reaction to the uh enhanced look. Actually my face probably looks like this: :shocker!: I'm not always good at controlling my reactions. :blush: and it always makes me wonder too. What did that person see before in their face that made them want to change it that much?

another cold morning but that was ok because i was inside for workouts this morning. 20 minutes rowing and then a 40 minute HIIT style workout with weights. In good news though, i am not at all feeling anything in my foot. I'll run a wee bit again tomorrow. 

we had a cookie exchange at work. DH made my cookies for me (:blush: and :grin:) and we came out with a nice exchange haul. why yes, i did have cookies for breakfast this morning. :laugh: So far my favorite (besides DH's molasses ginger cookie) is the soft peanut brittle. Love that stuff!
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-12-06 2:27 PM
No reason why DH shouldn't make the cookies!  Sounds like there was a good payoff in the cookie exchange.  I love molasses ginger cookies.  :hug::hug:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 2:45 PM
My DH is TERRIBLE at hiding negative reactions. :blush:

Good news on the foot!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:06 PM
That kind of cookie is the ONLY way I enjoy ginger.  Sounds yummy!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:12 PM
I love molasses cookies!
Parent - By essel [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:17 PM
Cookie for bfast - I support that!
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-12-06 3:27 PM
Cookie exchange! :cool:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 4:11 PM
Yeah, I can't play poker to save my life.  :shocker!::grin:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 4:12 PM
Yeah, cookies for breakfast!! :hug::hug: Yay for running!
I was talking about you today while running... trying to convince my buddy we need to come do the relay with you.
- - By skigirl Date 2018-12-06 2:26 PM
I did a gym workout this morning - three five-minute speed drills on the TM, with two minutes of rest in between, and then I did strength stuff.  I'm in one of those phases where I'm noticing steady improvement in my fitness, which is very motivating.  I know the plateau will inevitably come, so that makes this all the sweeter.  Also, my clothes are fitting a bit looser these days.  :cool:

Going xc skiing tonight.  Can't wait!  :happy::happy::happy:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-12-06 2:44 PM
So much good stuff in there!! :grin:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:07 PM
I am in that phase where I am in a steady decline of fitness......even though I workout consistently!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:13 PM
loose clothes are the best :cool:
Parent - By essel [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:17 PM
that screams "progress"!
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-12-06 3:48 PM
Better fitness.  :cool:  Just in time for skiing, right?
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 4:13 PM
my clothes are fitting a bit looser these days.  not many people can say this during the month of December :laugh:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 4:13 PM
Yeah! That's good stuff !!! :cool: I always love trying to really reign it in early December to avoid feeling terrible later!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-07 7:05 AM
Nice post!:hug:
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:13 PM
Regular, 10 mile Thursday morning run.  My skinny blonde has to be at work earlier than me, so she starts earlier, so I typically have 5+ miles left when we split up.  Today, just as she was turning to go home, we came across two other ladies running about the same pace.  I forced myself on them:laugh: and ran about 1.5 miles to their house.  It was nice and now, I may have some new friends!

I am 52 and don't mind looking 52.  I do not want my face to look frozen.  If I did get botox, I would be afraid people wouldn't get the full effect when I roll my eyes and I love to roll my eyes at people!:roll:  It says a lot without saying a word.:laugh:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:27 PM
people would probably call the police on me if I started running with them :laugh:
Parent - By nooner [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:38 PM
And not a day over 52. :wink:

Happy Birthday!
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2018-12-06 3:47 PM
I don't want fakey botox face either, but I wouldn't mind being ripped.  I suppose the former is easier to achieve than the latter.  :sad:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 4:19 PM
I agree 100%
I do get down sometime when I see a close up pic of me at school with my kids and I look ancient compared to the other moms who clearly have injections. OH WELL tho!

I did see something earlier that I randomly follow on instagram... it was an elf about to undergo body contouring for 6 pack abs. Basically advertising their services... then I started thinking... what if you gain weight on top of that contouring... do you have all these little fat pockets? OMG. :cry::laugh:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 4:13 PM
Happy Birthday!!!
Yay for new friends!!
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 4:14 PM
Aw, nice you might get to make some new friends :hug:

Happy birthday, Blazer !! :cool:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-12-06 4:33 PM
I agree, eye rolling is vital, here in NJ it must accompany the finger when driving!: pbbt:

Ugh, just the idea of injecting anything into my face for cosmetic reasons...:cry:
- - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 3:36 PM
Busy couple of days -- yesterday we took DS, DIL and GD to the airport :cry::cry: for their trip to Dallas for a wedding this weekend.  The weather for their time there looks awful  -  feel bad for the bride and groom, and my family,  too!!   After the airport, we did some therapy retail at IKEA and Target.  Portland came up with this genius idea of making a huge retail space right next to the airport, so when we have to take or pick up someone, we automatically schedule in some shopping time :cool:  We got back home and took the kids' animals to our house, then I raced off to mail a care package to DD. :roll:  The post office was closed for a national day of mourning :wtf::mutmad:   Thankfully our presidents don't die frequently enough for this to be established as a regular thing, but I was annoyed.  By the time I got back and out the door for a shake out run, it was already getting dark - bleah.  I'm proud of logging 3 miles before dark.

This morning was busy with walking the silly dog - no way was I running in the pre-dawn cold :shocker!:  Later I got in 5.25 miles after temps warmed up to the low 40's.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 4:14 PM
Yeah, it might be a drag weather wise this weekend. :sad:
Glad you got in some retail therapy.
- - By SRoo Date 2018-12-06 3:45 PM
So I went to this meeting today.  And a very simple issue got twisted and complicated and postponed.  :meh:  And one person wouldn't let her idea go.  She insisted that we just didn't understand what she was saying.  No, we understand it.  We just think it is dumb.  Move on.  :meh:

No workout for me yet.  Perhaps a bit of ET in my future.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-12-06 4:16 PM
:cry: annoying meeting
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-12-06 4:17 PM
No really, it's not us.  It's you. : pbbt:
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / It's the Thursday Dailies