Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Take it to the microwave Thursday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-06 6:10 AM
Who would have ever thought......it’s National Microwave Oven Day. :roll:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-06 6:22 AM
--OK, so the railroad overpass project that is 30 years over due in Aurora that was scheduled to be completed by Feb. 2019? Work has been halted. The bridge height is 2 ft. short. :roll: Big debate over whether this is the contractors fault or that of MODot. What a cluster. I’m sure by the time this goes the legal route we’ll be lucky to have an overpass by 2019. In the meantime, there is a ridiculous temporary road that is like 4 s-curves strung together.

--One of the main restaurants in town is closing its doors. I’m telling you, it’s only getting worse. Need to get my shop sold.

--My mom has the feeling her former quilt shop is closing up too. :sad: Girl that bought it just doesn’t have what it takes to run a business. Kind of sad. My mom is lucky to have gotten rid of that building.

--So, the latest now that the marijuana initiatives passed in Missouri, is that my brother is going to move his business here. They had already done all the dirt work, poured concrete, ran water lines and gotten all the permits and licenses. And, the greenhouses are ordered and on the way. They just decided it would be more feasible and economical to do it here.

--Finished all my Christmas shopping last night. I still have my brother but I think I’m going to make him a few jars of homemade horseradish. :happy:

--Iowa got 34 bales of forage/silage baled last night. It’s all sold. Hopefully he can get it delivered sometime over this crummy weekend we’re supposed to have. He also got most the soybeans done. We have a couple little plots but if he doesn’t get to those it’s not that big of a deal. He does have about 40 acres of custom combining he needs to do. Snow is not going to be good.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-06 6:45 AM
How close is the overpass to completion? I know Feb, but seriously, 2 feet is pretty freaking obvious. Seems like anyone who has been onsite for the past however long is at fault.

Ugh, marijuana.:roll: I'm a libertarian at heart, so I get it and technically support the freedom of it, but still hate it. :roll: Still, good for business. We designed a production warehouse in Florida.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-06 7:25 AM
Everything but putting the bridge on. :roll:

I’m not a big marijuana person either. Can’t stand the smell and personally don’t see the point. However, for many I think it’s a much better alternative medically than pumping them up with shit like Hydrocodone, Oxycontin, Xanax, etc.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-06 7:30 AM
I definitely think there are some really good medicinal reasons for it. Luckily, Georgia is loosening up with the oil and its requirements to have it for treatments of things.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-12-06 8:54 AM
does your brother already have a marijuana growing operation? I'm so confused.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-06 11:26 AM
They had all the licenses and permits for Oregon and had started on the construction. I guess they just feel like it’s more logical to relocate their business prospects to Missouri now that it’s legal. They had not started producing anything yet. We’re just getting ready to put the greenhouses up. They’re in the process of applying for all the permits in MO now.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-12-06 1:34 PM
oh gotcha that makes sense now. I didn't realize he was planning to do it in OR
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-06 6:42 AM
Microwave Oven Day? Weird. AKA Lazy Day?:wtf::wtf:

2.5 days till kickoff! GO ATL---- UNITED! Wearing another scarf today. Along with my AUFC coffee mug:cool: Tomorrow is Jersey day! Can't wait!

In one week Tj will have his first dance recital:hug::laugh: I can't wait!

Josef Martinez broke a gazillion MLS records this year, all-time scoring, all-time scoring plus playoff, hat trick record.......he is now the MLS MVP of 2018!:cool::cool: His acceptance speech was so sweet. He did half of it in English. I didn't know he could speak english. Turns out he speaks 4 languages.:shocker!: Dude is seriously humble and just an amazing guy. So sweet!

BFF called and asked if I was up for an impromptu trip to her house for gingerbread house party. Dude, it's like she doesn't even know me. The MLS Cup plays this weekend. Ok, and Rip has chorus, Tj has basketball and so on......but dude! I'll be at home screaming and cheering. Love ya have fun. In her defense, she has no clue that anything happens with soccer......so. There is that. :laugh:

I think I've turned into an AUFC Monster. I'm posting on fan-sites. Twitter, FB. Literally just bought MLS CUP game scarves for me and rip online. I'll buy the winner scarf on Sunday, too! :blush::blush:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-06 7:26 AM
It’s also National Gazpacho Day which makes NO sense at all being that tomatoes are out of season right now and that’s the the whole point of Gazpacho. Someone wasn’t thinking.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-12-06 8:56 AM
lazy day sounds good to me

How far away is BFF? A few hours, right? I don't think I do anything impromptu that far away
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-06 9:44 AM
5-6 hours. LA - Lower Alabama. It is all highway, but still. Tbh, if i had nothing planned this weekend we would be going.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Take it to the microwave Thursday RTTs