Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wed 12/5 Day of Mourning
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-05 10:21 AM
Today is the funeral for George HW Bush. It is a national day of mourning, no mail, no federal govt, no stock market.   Post any workouts. 

Are you following the funeral?   Do you have any President Bush 41 sharings?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-05 11:56 AM
Nothing for me today except maybe a stroll sometime.

The only presidential library I've been to was Bush 41. When we lived in Houston I made the trip to Texas A&M (where the library is located) to check it out.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-05 12:41 PM
Hi Tom.

I never did get around to working out yesterday.  Today ended up being a better weather day and I got out for 5 miles.  Once I got home I turned on the tv and saw/listened to the last hymn at the National Cathedral.  Wow!  Great, amazing musicians.  And I watched the casket leave the cathedral.  Otherwise, I've seen nothing of the proceedings.  But then, other than football, I've watched about 20 minutes of tv over the last week.

I've got very few George HW Bush memories.  Pretty sure I voted for Dukakis.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-12-05 2:12 PM
HW Bush was president when I graduated college and Melissa and I married.  I watched the funeral and thought it was honorable to Bush and an occasion to show solidarity.  I learned this morning that only 19 people have had a state funeral in the history of the U.S. 

School was canceled today due to snowy roads this morning.  Not a lot of snow but enough to slicken some these rural roads early this morning.  The roads were not bad when I ran early, but one side road I ran was slushy and slippery in one section.  I ran 8 miles.

I'm off to the gym to lift weights.  Makayla works until close so she won't be with me this afternoon.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-05 4:14 PM
I've been busy cleaning and running errands.  No workout today yet, perhaps I'll do a video later.  I've been cleaning and running errands.

I haven't watched much tv today so have only seen the funeral clips shown on the news.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wed 12/5 Day of Mourning