Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wednesdailies Snowing
- - By judyruns Date 2018-12-05 8:05 AM
Post. : pbbt:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-12-05 8:07 AM
Tuesday it was icy so I did 45 minutes on the TM then the 9 floors of stairs. I’m working on some strength for the knee without upsetting it.
Today I will stay indoors to run. It's snowing again. :meh:
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-05 4:39 PM
Ugh, ice with snow on top is no fun for running.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-12-06 7:45 AM
I'm also a bit gun-shy to run on ice after a fall. I get over it quickly, though. :laugh:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-12-05 5:45 PM
Did you go to the doc for your knee? I hope it stays healthy.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-12-06 7:38 AM
I had called into the doc, but he was not able to fit me in so I treated it myself. : pbbt: It doesn't hurt at all when I am off the day before. It definitely is better.
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-05 4:39 PM
Not snowing here, but cold and windy.  I'm late checking in because we've been working on cleaning some stuff out of the basement.  Mom actually agreed to get rid of the old drop-side crib! :shocker!::laugh:  The basement is rather a disaster of hoarded items, many of which haven't been used in decades.

I did run 5 miles before we got started this morning.  Upper 20s and breezy but it was kind of a slow run because, for some reason, my breathing wasn't that great.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-12-05 5:47 PM
Some people have difficulty parting with stuff. I like a lot of things, but hate clutter. I think I read on here that if something is cheap to replace and you don't use it, toss it. I think you might have said it. Not sure though.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-12-06 5:39 AM
Those cribs are illegal now so you may have to take it to a dump. I don't think any charity can accept them anymore.
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-06 7:51 AM
Yeah, I know.  Though it does beg the question of why space was devoted to an item of that nature for so long.
Parent - By tritri Date 2018-12-06 11:25 AM
Insurance.  Rumor has it that if you get rid of the baby stuff, you will end up needing it!  :laugh:: pbbt:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-12-06 7:44 AM
Great work on the 5 miler. Could the breathing thing be a leftover from the cold? I always need a muffler over my mouth in the winter.
Yeah, the drop-side cribs. There is nothing like a good purge. :laugh:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-12-05 5:43 PM
I never have time to post lately. My schedule stinks. I did run Monday and today. Tomorrow will be a rest day. I've been wearing my ankle brace during the day and lightened my work bag because I've been feeling some twinge in my ankle again. At least I know how to deal with it. My body just keeps fighting with me. I was going to start a new lupus med but ended up with the intestinal infection. I am on the fence about taking it, but I having not so fun stuff. The supplements I started haven't made a difference, but I am hoping with time, they will. Anyway, sorry for the rant. I don't really go into details with real life peeps.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-12-06 5:38 AM
I hate to even mention it because I sound like one of the CDB Oil Crazies (you know them) but I've heard very good things about it helping with inflammation in some cases including autoimmune disease. I have a friend who is a BSN working with the oils from a pretty reputable source they only sell through registered doctor's office. PM me if you want to hear more. I am not selling it or have any reason to sell it to anyone there is nothing in it for me.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-12-07 6:45 PM
Thanks! I would like to try it. I have also heard great things about it. Do you know where to get it online. I'm confused about where to safely find it. Seems to be the rage now and I don't know enough about the topic.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-12-06 7:48 AM
We're always glad to hear from you, even if it is a fly-by. :hug: I hope you can get a good relief situation going over the winter.
We are here for you. Rant away any time you wish! :grin:
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-06 7:52 AM
Sorry about the lousy schedule, but at least you're making time to run!

It's discouraging to have your body fight with you. :sad:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wednesdailies Snowing