Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wintery mix coming Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-05 5:59 AM
Get ready because the snow and ice is moving in!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-05 6:08 AM
--Looks like the crappy weather is going to start Friday for us. Perfect timing for a nighttime 5K race. :roll:

--Had my glasses adjusted a little. I will say they are better. Obviously, there is still going to be a learning curve here. The prescription is correct and she does not want to put me back in bifocals because she thinks that is going backwards. I am going to try contacts. She really thinks that may be the ticket. She’ll give me enough samples to see if they’ll work or not so all I will be out is a $40 fitting. I can live with that.

--Got all the CA kids’ gifts purchased, received and wrapped. :cool: I need to work on family here now. We’re doing our Christmas on the 16th.

--My oldest nephew is going to CA with my mom. My sister helped him score a couple of interviews with firms out there to do an internships with. He’s going in to construction management which is essentially what my sister does so she had some good leads. If he gets one out there he (and his girlfriend because they can’t live apart right now : pbbt: ) will live with my sister and that will help defray living costs for my brother.

--Meadow just rolled over for me to rub her belly and she slid right off of the couch. :laugh: Good thing it was slo-mo otherwise that might have been painful.

--Got a card from the Subaru dealership that they have 0% financing on ’19 Outbacks. :blush:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-12-05 6:27 AM
We are going to COMO for a coaching convention Thur-Sun. Might see some crappy weather SE of KC for the drive down tomorrow afternoon :roll:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-12-05 6:52 AM
Glad the glasses adjustment helped.  I hope the contacts work out.  Not being able to see is just awful.  It's by far my least favorite part of aging.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-05 8:22 AM
Time for a new car???

I hope the contacts work. Having vision issues sucks.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-05 10:22 AM
Just in the preliminary stages of new car acquisition. The rate I go it’ll be another couple of years. :laugh: My car is fine. Just showing it’s age. 15 years and 180K.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-12-05 12:05 PM
have you ever had contacts before?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-12-05 6:49 AM
*Winter sure is coming early this year.  We woke up to a dusting of snow.

*Marie texted she might come home this weekend. She needs a break before finals I think.  Good thing she has a care package arriving today.  :grin:

*Work is picking up for me.  I was pretty content with the pretty minimal hours I had but I've picked up a second new client.  It's just a one time deal, but I'm pretty sure it will lead to an as needed thing.  And one of my every other week people has been asking me to come every week.  She don't want to change to me coming every week, just every week she asks me to come again next week.  :roll:

*I'm done with 1 kid as far as Christmas and one other will be easy because it's one big gift.   I still have the hard people left though.  And after going out shopping Sunday, I won't be doing that again on a weekend.  :shocker!::cry:  I'm going to need a couple week days off or everything needs to be available on line. 

*I always wrap each of the kids gifts in one type of wrapping paper.  I talked to my youngest about just using all the paper this year to work on using up my excess.  He was having none of it.  How would he know which presents were his on Christmas morning if they weren't all wrapped the same?  Read the tags?  Surely I can't be serious.  :laugh::laugh:  I guess you don't mess with tradition.  Even after they are 18.  :wink:

*Time to get moving.  I've got a 7 a.m. deadline to be on the treadmill this morning.  : pbbt:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-12-05 7:08 AM
It's been spitting snow pretty much every day since we got that big snowstorm.

winter is dumb

Hahaha nobody likes change except a wet baby. and NEVER mess with Christmas traditions haha
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-12-05 8:14 AM
Winter IS dumb.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-05 8:16 AM
Winter is so dumb. So fn dumb!:roll::roll::meh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-05 8:17 AM
Yeah.....no changing traditions. You can add new ones, but not change the old ones!:laugh:

We are adding a new one this year - White Elephant party at my parents house on the 23rd.:cool: Can't wait. $10 limit. Gonna be fun!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-12-05 8:20 AM
I have so many different partial rolls of paper though.  :cry:  I need to find somewhere to donate some of it. 

That does sound fun.  :grin:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-05 8:24 AM
I only do Santa paper for presents from santa. The rest is mix and match. Kids haven't noticed it yet.

I'm sure there is some super cute way to use it all......you are crafty......maybe it can be mulched? Probably not as processed as it is.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-05 8:18 AM
what is the one big gift?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-12-05 8:19 AM
A Nintendo Switch.  It's a combo gift from us and the grandparents.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-05 8:24 AM
I think that is what Q is getting the kids. Not exactly sure.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-12-05 12:06 PM
Definitely avoid shopping on the weekends!

The wrapping paper makes me laugh.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-12-05 7:07 AM
~I'm so tired I seriously am having difficulty walking through the building :roll:

~Christmas party last night for a ton of kids. Went pretty well. Unorganized chaos but nobody killed and everybody got presents, pizza cupcakes and cookies

~have to finish up the accounting on the donations, get that wrapped up with the foundation that handled the donations and get two checks cut for the two organizations. That will be all wrapped up next Thursday, we drop off a van load of toys to adopt a family, then I'm 100% done.

~You can buy a stuffed shark that sings the baby shark song. Only like 90 bucks!!! I say we get one for Kelly V's baby hahahahaha

~Ended up last night with 5 leftover pizzas, 3 dozen cupcakes and a handfull of cookies that didn't get decorated. Not bad for guessing on amounts. I do still have a giant jug of hot chocolate mix left though. That will probably go to our kid's house for Xmas

~A little peeved that only 2 others from the radio station showed. One sales person who has actually been all-in for all of the planning because her client donated $1K. One other sales person popped in for a few minutes and left. Never saw another co-irker.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-05 8:15 AM
I don't blame you for being peeved about the lack of support at work. Wow they all suck!
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-12-05 8:16 AM
I'm glad the party went well.  Also glad you are nearly done with all the work it entailed.  :grin:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-05 10:23 AM
Your work sucks. :mutmad:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-12-05 12:07 PM
Sounds like a good party to me. Looks like lots of leftover pizza in your future :laugh:

I saw an add for those sharks, I can't believe it is $90?!?!?!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-05 8:14 AM
Both kids check out. Rip has a virus, not strep. But is clear for school as she hasn't had a fever yet. Weird. But whatever. She can still do choir and tryouts this week.

Tj is clear. Even the doc said the stuff I was reporting to the nurse made her think he was the 1 in 100 who would come back positive for diabetes. But thank God above, he was definitively normal in both urine and blood tests. Blood sugar 85. I was so relieved to see that number pop up. She did say they would monitor it on his yearly and for me to watch out for other signs. But right now he is clear. :grin: So glad I tested him, though.

Finally getting rid of my Granny Smith's recliner. I got it after she died (cause I was her fave - everyone wanted it despite it being puke 60's olive green). To be honest it is the only thing I've ever been sentimental about. But I dropped it on my right foot last night when I was moving it out to the Salvation Army pickup area. (Along with the old lady's couch and Q's old table and a few other things). OMG I thought I was gonna vomit and pass out it hurt so badly. Now I have a very colorful two toes.

Getting our Christmas tree tonight:happy:

I love being the one who runs payroll. I can run it at anytime just to see what my next paycheck will be to the penny:laugh: Helps me plan. Or just feel better. Will feel like a normal person on Friday and not a looter. Ugh. So many extra Christmas expenses!:roll:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-12-05 8:18 AM
What a relief the kids are ok, and especially Tj's blood sugar.  :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-05 8:25 AM
Yup! Bring on the Christmas cookies!:laugh::laugh::blush:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-12-05 12:08 PM
Glad the kids' test and stuff came out ok.

ouch on the toe
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-12-05 12:11 PM
Snow and ice moved in for us. A dusting of snow overnight but had some ice. I think most areas were ok but the street my neighborhood is on was icy. I didn't know it until I went to leave and cars were crawling, then I saw an accident so thought that was the reason. Nope, turned out on the road and fishtailed and thought F that I'm not driving my baby on ice so I came back home. Luckily it cleared up and I took him to school a couple hours late.

Surprisingly no school delays, I really just think something weird happened on our road and a couple around us that didn't get treated properly.

On day 3 of a mild migraine. Second time in a couple weeks of this. I think I need to hit the chiro for my neck again.

Still have no idea what to get my dad for Christmas.

I know what M wants for Christmas but he told me too late to be able to find any deals so I am waiting in hopes of a last minute deal
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-05 1:06 PM
Glad you made a safe decision to avoid the bad road.

I hope your migraine resolves today. Those suck:cry::cry:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wintery mix coming Wednesday RTTs