Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday the 4th of December
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-04 7:42 AM
Good morning.

It's National Sock Day (or so I've been informed by someone at work with too much time on their hands.)

Do what you will with that information.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-12-04 7:56 AM
One day next week our school is having a "wear your favorite Christmas socks" day.  I have a pair of Christmas socks that someone gave me as a silly gift one Christmas.  I never wear them, but they are stuffed in my dresser drawer.  Maybe we should have celebrated Christmas socks today.

Today is wear your favorite school shirt and khakis.

I ran 7 miles this morning.  A pretty good morning for running.  Cold, but not freezing.

Meeting Makayla at the gym this afternoon.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-04 9:18 AM
Many employers around my area do a Christmas sock exchange as part of their holiday week.   I suppose after awhile people would have nearly a drawer full of socks.  Wonder how many wear them?  I have 2 pair; one for Christmas Eve and one for Christmas day.

Is Makayla's school on tri-mesters?   Lisa's was and that meant she was always home by Thanksgiving.   It also meant a cold drive to the airport on Jan 2nd.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-12-04 10:35 AM
Not a trimester, but they do have an 8 week online winter term.  They start in August a week and a half before most other schools around here and only a 2 day fall break.  
I got my Christmas socks through a sock exchange two years ago at school.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-04 8:02 AM
I sort of ran today.  3.1 miles at the park.  The first mile was a mix of walking and jogging, but I ran the rest of it without stopping.

My calf seems to have held up.  I checked my log and the pain first started on 10/4 so it has been exactly 2 months since some continuous running.

My heart rate shows that it has been a while since I ran. The average was 146 with a max of 171.  Those are practically my 5k race numbers.

My older daughter, living in Florida, turns 32 today.  It won't be long before she can join the Masters' Forum. :shocker!:

I'm still enjoying my new phone.  Now that I have enough space to load apps, I put MyFitnessPal on it.  I'll see if I can start logging what I eat and get back into some shape.  It'll be tough in this time of Christmas cookies, but I'll do what I can do.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-04 8:08 AM
Happy Birthday to your daughter!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-04 9:14 AM
Happy Birthday to your girl Dave.  Will you see the Florida half of the family over the holidays?    My Fitness Pal told me I've successfully logged in everyday for 90 days.   Except I know that's a lie.  I didn't log in on Thanksgiving - too much to record.:laugh:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-12-04 10:36 AM
Happy birthday to your daughter.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-12-04 9:17 AM
Morning all
running 4 miles at lunch time. won't be wearing socks. not cold enough. i hate socks.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-04 9:20 AM
saw a guy at the lab this morning in shorts.   Every single person had some wise-guy comment for him.  And his response was always not cold enough for pants.  (I recognize him from the Y, one of those muscle bound guys always in workout mode)
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-04 1:27 PM
Hey Redskins Rob.   Maybe your son could get a lifetime job doing PT for Redskin QBs.  Wow.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-04 9:24 AM
Fasting lab work this morning.  Why is that always so difficult?  I came home and had scrambled eggs with goat cheese and nearly an entire loaf of oatmeal bread.  I thought it was the end of the world and there would never be another meal.  Now I'm enjoying this miraculous dark liquid in a mug.  Coffee, how I love thee!!

It's yet another grey day in NW Illinois and it's snowing just a little.  If the coffee kicks in as I think, I'll get out for a run closer to lunch time.  I'm giving the sun the benefit of the doubt that it still knows how to shine and just hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Happy Sock Day everyone, mine are plain blue and boring.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-04 1:30 PM
I always go to Wawa after blood work. Coffee and a chocolate donut.   Started with my mom and she would would always say..."Man, this is living"
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-04 1:48 PM
Got up early, drove to Wilmington and caught the 5:20 AM Amtrak to Washington.  Got to the Capitol about 7.  Looking for the line.  Found the line....oops wrong line.  It was for the Supreme Court.  Meanwhile a police officer showed us where to go.  There was no big line.  Just a short line for TSA type security.  Then up to the rotunda.  There were people all around but you could linger as you wanted.  It was impressive.  I did not stay to see honor guard change.  They did not look real.  They were rock solid.  Amazing they can stand that straight without moving a bit.  No photos permitted.

I was dressed to wait hours in windchill.  I was really sweating when I got inside the Capitol.   I was moving out quite a bit on the walk over there. There were a ton of runners out.  DC is always full of them.  Bush 43 used to sometimes join them.  Train back to DE was full.  It was going on to Boston.  Lady next to me was from Texas.  She was on her first train ride ever.  She was at least in her 40s. 

Got back in time for Duck In.  Hadn't planned on that.  But it worked out well.  Got to appreciate the extra layers.  (windcill about freezing).

Tom in DE
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-04 9:30 PM
Busy, busy, busy!  I've lurked but not posted.

Things will slow down soon.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-05 8:41 AM
Thanks for checking in.  Busy is much better than some of the other conditions of non posting.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday the 4th of December