Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / It's Monday Again Dec 3
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-03 9:16 AM
Monday, the first week of December.   The usual routine.  Except in the NFL.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-03 9:24 AM
Run is done today.  I never did get to run yesterday.  It was after 6 when I got home and just did not want to run in damp fog.  Long day, even though Shirley was good.   My run this morning was most challenging even though it was in the 50s and I was looking forward to it.  I really had to push myself to keep going.  Eye doctor as soon as I get cleaned up.

Eagles vs Redskins for Monday night football.  Hopefully it's fun.   Dawn sorry about those Bears.  They came sooooo close.

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-03 10:34 AM
Oh those Bears:mutmad:  I turned it off at 24-14.  I guess a lot more happened and not much of it was good.   The real surprise to me was Green Bay firing their coach.  And I'm still sad that Texas Tech let Kliff Kingsbury go last week.:sad:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-03 10:21 AM
Headed to the gym for a workout now.  ARC trainer and if I don't get bored, I'll do some weights.

Then I am going to run some errands.  We don't have an official rule on "comp time" but I am going to make-up for working yesterday. I may go buy a new phone.  I've had my Samsung S5 for a long, long time now and it keeps running out of storage. Adding a memory card didn't help because most the apps won't load on the expansion card.  There are apps I need for work so it is not just fun and games.  In fact, I don't play any games on my phone.

Cindy probably needs a new phone too, but in the past when we went to the store together we ended up getting nothing and I don't want to risk that this time, so I am going alone.  I want one that has more memory and runs the basics.  She has trouble deciding what she wants.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-03 10:35 AM
good luck phone shopping.  That is usually on my "I don't want to" list.  I get so frustrated with all the different phones and all the different plans....
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-03 11:28 AM
I want somebody to go phone shopping for me.  Here's the money, pick the best you can in that budget.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-12-03 10:33 AM
12 days of Christmas countdown at school.  This week is for teachers/staff.  Next week the students join in.  Today is hot cider in the teacher's lounge.

I drove a bus route this morning.  I had never driven this particular route but fortunately having lived in this area for 28 years I know all the roads.  Had a nice 6th grade girl who I picked up first help me out.  Driving the same route this afternoon.

Plan on meeting Makayla at the gym this afternoon.  Weights for me and running for her. 

I ran 4 miles this morning.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-03 10:36 AM
You and Makayla are making the most of her time home aren't you?:hug:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-03 11:37 AM
Loving that gym time.   Do they give a pre programmed GPS for bus route
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-12-04 7:06 AM
No GPS, but there are written directions.  I just called the bus driver the night before and asked her where her first 3 stops were.  I know the area so was able to find it with no problem.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-03 10:40 AM
Nothing much for me yet.  The usual at the animal shelter.  stayed a little longer today because the coffee was good.  We are down to 20-some adoptable cats and 3 dogs.   We have been as high as 130 cats and 20 dogs.   My hope is that the adopted ones are not Christmas gifts that get returned to us in January.

I will stick with yoga today.  I did some ab work yesterday which I've been neglecting.  Time to get back at it.  The weather makes me want to stay inside so I'm glad that I've got my yoga mat and hand weights to see me through.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-03 11:34 AM
I guess the Illinois tornadoes were well south of you.  You guys sure get crazy weather.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-03 11:45 AM
yes, 3 hours south.  Though a friend's daughter is the vet in Taylorville, the hardest hit town.  She was out of town at a conference so is thankfully fine.  Neighbors report that her property is fine too.  Her mother was very anxious as you might imagine.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-03 11:40 AM
Dilated eyes.  Postponing leaf raking for now.
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-12-03 12:30 PM
slowly getting back to running. hammy still a bit sore. running 4 or 5 days a week. taking it easy.
saturday i ran 6.33 miles, which is the longest i have run since injury and my first Dawn 10k in 2 months.
Caleb has been doing dry needling on the leg when he is in town, 3 times so far. hurts but seems to help.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-03 1:39 PM
Heal well Rob.  Hope Caleb is giving you the friends and family discount.:wink:
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-12-03 1:44 PM
i think he likes jabbing needles in his Old Man...payback for all the times he got in trouble as a kid
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-03 2:24 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-03 4:06 PM
If he put some ink in that needle, you might have a nifty tattoo.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-12-03 3:53 PM
I ended up getting more than I was going to. I went from a Samsung S5 to an S9.  The S5 lasted me well over 4 years so I decided to think long term instead of going cheap.

After the 2-3 hour headache of getting everything working (and that is even after they used an app to sync my new phone from my old phone), it is great.  It's like moving from an abacus to a super computer.  The power and speed is amazing.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-12-03 4:11 PM
But then you load that Sheetz app and the McD app and Facebook and there you are....  back to crawling thru wireless age.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / It's Monday Again Dec 3