Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Merry Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-03 6:14 AM
Merry......uh, not exactly. :laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-03 6:24 AM
--Work Christmas party today. IMAX, lunch, a few games and a cookie exchange. Good enough. At least it is all conducted on work time and I get paid mileage for going there. : pbbt:

--My mom lost power when the tornado came thru at 12:35 a.m. on Friday night/Saturday morning. She did not get it restored until 4:30 p.m. yesterday. :mutmad: Just as much to do with a shitty power company as it was with the tornado. :roll:

--One man was killed due to the tornado. He was on the second floor of the hotel on the end that took the direct hit. Our lumber store took extensive damage too as did the car dealership. I don’t feel so sorry for the dealership. It’s GM and the government gave them a ton of money on the bailout a few years ago and that’s when they constructed their fancy showroom and such. It’s not like they paid for it.

--I have a cold. :meh: I don’t have much going on this week so that is good. I think I might take advantage of a little of my sick time.

--We’re supposed to go to Iowa this weekend for a surprise birthday party for Iowa’s mom but we’re going to need to watch the weather. It does not look good.

--Neighbors are having a little Christmas party get together next Sunday evening. That’s nice. I might be that neighborly too if I had a house to entertain in. : pbbt:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-12-03 6:53 AM
Scary freaking weather.

Have fun with your work Xmas party. I rarely go to ours. Luckily I am out of town this Friday when they are holding it
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-03 7:40 AM
So sorry about the tornado and its wrath.:cry: That is horrible.

You have an IMAX movie today?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-03 7:54 AM
Our Christmas party is in Branson. We have limited funds for the party so we had to be frugal and take what we could get. So, we managed to get a 50 minute IMAX show about the Ozarks, a room to use for our party and then the establishment provides the lunch. Nothing fancy.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-03 8:08 AM
Pretty cool
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-12-03 6:52 AM
~I have been at the radio station every day since Nov 19th :roll::roll::roll: :vomit:

~Xmas party for all the kids is tomorrow. Thank goodness. By Thursday I should be done with all of it

~Off Friday. We are heading to Columbia MO for a coaching conference with our head track coach. I like spending time with her.

~Added a 5K race to our Xmas in July races! The Sweatin' Your Jingle Bells Off 5K. It'll run at 4pm with the other races starting at 6.

~I'm freezing. Like all the time right now.

~I"m also fat AF. Like all the time right now. :laugh::mutmad:

~Timed our last 5K of the year Saturday. 40 degrees with a feels like of 30. And mist. Pretty sucky conditions.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-03 7:39 AM
When does your vacation start?

Glad you will have a break with the timing stuff, too:hug:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-12-03 7:44 AM
Vacay starts the 17th
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-03 7:53 AM
Great! Soon!
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-03 7:54 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-03 7:39 AM
Yay! I can do a 5k BEFORE running for 6-12 hours......OMG. :shocker!::laugh::laugh: Maybe I can get my mom to come for the 5k, but still on the track, so probably not. And frankly I enjoyed not having anyone else with me, so long as I have some cute track star to help me to the car again:wink:

Ripley has a migraine:cry: I'm waiting for the call from school to pick her up. I was able to prevent mine with a coke. Pretty much the only reason I drink Coke anymore is when I feel a headache/migraine coming on.

Swamped at work......Boss spending a week in Ukraine next week. Yay - Party time....lol

Yup. Ripley's tournament was rained out Sat and Sunday. The entire thing was canceled. No makeups. Rip hasn't played a game since November 4 thanks to the weather. The one weekend that was nice was the tournament that she wasn't in.

Yup. Knee is still swollen. Fun times.

City of ATL---- has declared today ATL---- UNITED DAY! WOOHOO!!!!!! Wearing RED and BLACK and GOLD all week long!:cool::cool:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-12-03 7:55 AM
A migraine at Rips age? :wtf:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-12-03 8:08 AM
Yeah, she has been wimpering about it since about 5pm last night. Nausea, light sensitivity.....it is genetic. :cry: This is by far the worst one.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-12-03 11:14 AM
Two of my kids had migraines from a very young age as well.  Anthony actually lost vision momentarily which earned him a CT scan in second grade and it turned out to be migraine related.  He ended up on daily preventatives for a couple years.  He still gets them periodically.  As does my youngest.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-12-03 7:57 AM
I thought about trying to run the 12hr. But there will be SO MUCH going on. And somebody has to watch the timing.

And I don't really run anymore so there's that too hahahahahaha
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Merry Monday RTTs