Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / It's December! (Weekend RR/NRR)
- - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-01 10:56 AM
Anyone here?
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-01 11:06 AM
I ran a very wet 15 miles this morning.  50*F and raining cannot in any way be classified as pleasant, but it wasn't as miserable as I feared.  I was feeling rather unenergetic for the first hour or so, though, and was wondering if I'd actually make it home before I slowed to a crawl.  Eventually I got to feeling a bit better so I kept plodding along.  I need to run some errands this afternoon, but I'm not particularly looking forward to heading back out into the rain now that I've gotten dry.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-12-01 7:11 PM
Great work on the 15 miler...and it the rain as well! :grin:
I know what you mean about not wanting to go out into rain after you just got dry. But there are raincoats and umbrellas. :happy:
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-02 9:06 PM
I do own both a raincoat (and rain pants) and an umbrella.  I did go out to do my errands and I did not melt. :laugh:
Parent - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-12-03 9:49 PM
Hope you managed to stay dry while running the errands!

Were you actually running the errands, or driving the errands?
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-12-02 7:25 AM
I got a bunch of upgrades to my bike. I got a new cassette with a tighter ratio (flat lands here) new middle chainring, new chain and brake cables and had the bb unpacked and regreased and reset. I got a new higher rise stem and grips that are more ergonomic that should alleviate the wrist pain I was getting. I do have a chip in the carbon underneath I should probably get fixed but I've been riding with it for god knows how long I'm not too worried about carbon fatigue (although yes I am aware it can collapse without warning).  When I get it fixed I may get it repainted too.

Its 6 years old so was time for the upgrades and work!

I tried last week easy run/walk but my toe complained. It didn't hurt but it got numb and a bit swollen. Grrr. This is taking way too long
Parent - By tritri Date 2018-12-02 9:19 AM
:cool:  Nice.  I think people make a bigger deal about carbon fatigue than they should.  I've been riding my old bike on the trainer and it just sucks.  Feel so out of shape.  Took it off and put the new bike on and it rides like a dream.  Lifted up old bike and turned the pedals and they hardly move.  For sure need the BB fixed...  who know how many things are wrong at this point!  Hope your bike rides like a dream know!
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-02 9:04 PM
Sorry that your toe is taking so long to heal. :cry:  Does it do okay with biking?
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-12-03 6:32 AM
as long as no impact the toe feels fine.
Parent - - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-12-03 3:22 AM
Yes, toes take very long to heal, be careful with it. Does the upgrading make a huge difference? I can't afford a new bike anytime soon but this might be an idea.
Parent - - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-12-03 6:31 AM
upgrades can make a big difference. new chain and having the BB unpacked and regreased really is good (see tritri above...) and getting all your cables adjusted. depending what the issue is that makes it feel a lot better. I opted for new cassette and chainring too. If I was gonna get super fancy I might next time get new pedals and shorter cranks. If I had shorter cranks, I could put the seat down a bit which really would be the most optimal riding position for me.
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-12-04 3:56 AM
Thanks, good to know.
Parent - - By Arimathea [us] Date 2018-12-03 9:50 PM
why do toes take so long to heal? Not much blood circulation?
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-12-04 3:57 AM
Probably because it's hard to keep your weight off of it. I never realized how much you use your toes until I broke one some years ago. :wink:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-12-04 7:05 AM
My broken toe healed in 3 weeks so I could run...but...it swelled for 3 months. :meh:
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-12-04 9:30 AM
I'm working on dealing with the swelling now. No more pain but it swells if I do too much. I want 100% healed.
Parent - - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-12-03 3:20 AM
Yes! Good job on the run! I went to a class with my sister called "happy hips", we do some yoga poses, self-massage with balls and then yoga nidra. Felt great! We will be going 3x a week for the next 3 weeks. :cool: It will be great during all the stress ahead. (12 days until moving day!)
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-12-03 7:24 AM
That sounds like a great class at the perfect time!  Best of luck with preparing to move. :hug:
Parent - By Gunna [is] Date 2018-12-04 3:56 AM
Yes, it. Last night we worked on the upper back and neck, great for us computer nerds. Looking so much forward to moving! :grin:
Up Topic Communities / Women / It's December! (Weekend RR/NRR)