Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Romping Friday
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-30 9:59 AM
It's Friday.  My pill box reminds me what day it is.  What you got going this weekend?

QOTD  Any running events, runner socials etc before the end of the year?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-30 10:11 AM
Tonight is the annual Reindeer Romp in town.  I always enjoy this event.  But I feel woefully under trained even for romping.  It's not good for Santa to be weazing and not properly HO HO HO.  We have a team from church and most are walkers.  I should probably concede and join them. 

No other holiday running events planned at this point.  However if we had a snow, I would love to find a 5k in the snow. 

Tomorrow is decorate the church.   Lots of Shirley watch this weekend.

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-30 3:16 PM
walk it with your church friends and spread some cheer.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-30 10:29 AM
I went for a walk up the hill behind our condo this morning.  It's a good workout. 

There is a 5k tomorrow but I don't feel ready to risk my strained calf.  When it is 65 and sunny on Sunday I plan on doing a 1-mile test and see how my leg holds up.

The race tomorrow is for some kids toys charity and is sponsored by Sheetz.  Sheetz is an attempt to be like Wawa.  I really like the Sheetz stores, but the reviews I read said they don't quite measure up to Wawa in food quality.  But in the absence of the master store, it is good enough for me.  There is a new one in a very convenient location for me that should be open in a matter of days.  It's exciting.  I can stop there on my way to the office in the morning for coffee and breakfast (or snacks).

I really have nothing going on for Christmas.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-30 11:42 AM
Oh Sheetz!   I actually have a Sheetz card and use it traveling up and down I-81 thru Virginia.   Their coffee is okay but I dislike their coffee fixing bar.  Wawa is very simple but effectively laid out.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-30 10:48 AM
I ran 7 miles this morning.  Not quite as cold today.

Meeting Makayla at the gym after school today.  We've met there all week.  I'll do some strength training.  There is a Chinese restaurant next door.  Makayla has been wanting us to go there after the gym some time.  Maybe tonight. 

No running events.  I'll miss the annual local trail race on Dec. 15.  It's held at the trails that I frequently run.  I could possibly run the 8 mile loop instead of doing the full marathon.  Probably won't.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-30 11:49 AM
Loving those gym reports.  I know Makayla loves that Dad time.:hug:  Eat in or take out Chinese?
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-30 1:34 PM
Eat in.  I'm loving the daughter time.  Glad she is home for a few weeks from college.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-30 11:03 AM
Lee's work Christmas party is tomorrow night.  It will be fun to see everyone.  Starts at 5pm and winds up around 9.  Good for us older folks.:laugh:

Tomorrow is also the first of the Yeti Trail Series.  I was disappointed to find I could NOT register for 2 of the 4 races.  All 4 or nothing.  It is 5, 10, 15, and 20k on the first Saturday of each of the next 4 months.  I only wanted to run the first 2.  Oh well.  There is 18 inches of snow on the ground and the forecast calls for 2" of rain on it tomorrow.   It will be slow sloppy mess and I send good wishes for those running it.

It is perfect running weather today...sunny and just below freezing.  I don't at all want to run though so Misha and I will go for a long long walk.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-30 11:47 AM
18" with rain.   I hope your chimney doesn't start to leak.  That's a pretty serious trail series.  All or nothing sounds like they only want serious trail dogs.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-30 3:17 PM
Misha got her walk, I ran, and did yoga.  What the heck was in my coffee?:shocker!::laugh:
Parent - - By Blueberry Sky Date 2018-11-30 10:14 PM
Earthquakes. :cry:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-12-01 6:50 AM
Are you OK?  How close?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-12-01 7:32 AM
I hope BBS replies.  I thought about her when I heard of the earthquakes.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Romping Friday