Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Throw it out Thursday - 11/28
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-29 7:28 AM
The pretty lady on the local news this morning said it was "Throw it out Thursday". any Thanksgiving Day leftovers should be tossed for safety reasons.

All we had left was some pie which did go out in the trash this morning, but that is because Cindy has started low carbing.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-29 7:29 AM
I went to the gym for 3 on the treadmill. I jogged more than I walked so this workout is going into the log as a run.  First run entry since the 11/4 failure at the Marshall half.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-29 7:30 AM
I didn't have many leftovers so they have long been gone!

Thanks for the start.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-29 8:26 AM
There is a sliver of pecan pie left.  That stuff is like gold.  I'm not throwing it out.

Meet and greet appt with my new primary care doc today.  I'm making my list of questions, checking it twice.  I got the first appointment after lunch but I still expect him to be running behind. :roll:

In the workout world it's yoga day.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-29 2:58 PM
Let us know how new doc works out.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-29 3:02 PM
Hey, what do you know? I liked him.  Very good at explaining things and just a bit of a smart alec.   He's a DO rather than an MD and I think that is going to be a good fit.  Fasting blood work next Tuesday.  Interested to see what he'll uncover.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-29 10:33 AM
The leftovers have either been eaten or thrown out.  Not much was thrown out. 

Went to the gym yesterday after school and lifted.  Makayla ran on the TM.  I think every muscle in my upper body is sore.  Makayla wants to meet at the gym this afternoon again, so I may bike, then spend time on the massage chair.

6 miles this morning.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-29 2:56 PM
Seems strange to hear you talk sore muscles.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-29 2:58 PM
6 miles, The Comeback is on.  congrats.
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-11-29 10:48 AM
Hello Masters. :happy:

No thanksgiving left overs at our home, but many left overs at our daughters home in Tracy.

Yesterday my wife and I logged about 12ish miles in S.F. as we usually do before Christmas Day enjoying the S.F. Christmas settings/displays and enjoying the music all around town and definitely on California Blvd. (NOB HILL) in the hotel lobbies.

Weather wise, we lucked out with mild conditions in S.F., but the East Bay Area today is torrential rain and wind.  Some friends and I will battle the conditions on the L/M Trail this morning and then coffee at McD (Lafayette).

Have a good Thursday and Friday Masters.   C Ya later!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-29 2:57 PM
Sounds like a good day in SF.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-29 3:18 PM
Did clothing Bank deliveries this morning. Then lunch with some science teacher buddies.  Really really nice lunch spot.  Nice buffet.  Above all, it was quiet enough that we could talk.  Well over 2h lunch.  Did not even have martini's or even wine or beer.    Now I need to run, but I really need to work on music before band practice tonight.  What I really want is a nap!

Throw out???:laugh::laugh::laugh:  Still working on Thanksgiving.  
Tom in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-29 3:20 PM
How is Aunt Shirley?
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-29 8:39 PM
Too weak to walk but she keeps trying as soon as you take your eye off of her, then she falls.  Going to need a wheel chair with a seatbelt.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Throw it out Thursday - 11/28