Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Trudging along Thursday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-29 6:04 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-29 6:16 AM
--Supposed to have a graduate student observing me today. She was supposed to have called to make arrangements. Never heard from her. I guess I’ll find out when I get to the school if she’s planning to be there or not.

--Need to take these glasses back. I’m not sure the prescription is correct. I’ve worn them nearly constantly since I got them (2 weeks today) and there is no adjustment. :meh:

--Connected with a food pantry in Mt. Vernon yesterday that I’m going to start going to once a month. They have two distributions but one of them is in the evening and I’m not giving up an evening to get 1.5 hours of teaching time when I can make a hundred bucks doing massage. Got in touch with another food pantry in Miller and I’m going to go there in February. They also have two distributions a month but only one will probably work for me. They’re not as open and friendly as the one in Mt. Vernon.

--Today is crazy. Teaching 5 classes at Greenfield, coming back to the office to prep for a night class, going in to my office and doing a 90 minute massage and then heading straight from there to teach the night class. It’s my own fault. I’m the one who scheduled this. :roll:

--Got home last night and the pressure tank was making weird noises. Went in the bathroom where it is and there is water all over the floor and water is coming out of the valve on the toilet. Shut the valve off and that didn’t help. Texted Iowa as I’m trying to mop up the floor and keep a bowl under the valve empty. What a mess. Turns out he left the water on at the cattle tank (all day) and it caused this. He seems to think the pump in the well is getting weak. :roll: Great, that’s all we need. Everything is fine now.

--I had weird dreams last night.

--Lost the gas cap on my car when I filled up. Iowa notice it the next day. I also left the fuel door open. Next thing I know my check engine light is on. He thinks it’s because of the gas cap but replacing that has not corrected the light being on. Geez.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-29 6:19 AM
Sometimes you have to clear the code when you get a trouble light.  Just fixing the issue isn't enough. If you go to an auto parts store they can usually tell you what code it is and clear it for you.  If the check engine light comes back on, then you know that wasn't the problem.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-29 6:45 AM
You can pull the battery cable if it was just caused by no gas cap and it should clear

but you have to re-set your clock and radio hahahaha
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-29 6:56 AM
Yea, I’ve had Auto Zone run a diagnostic for me before. I didn’t realize they could clear it. Good to know. I’ll try Gregg’s suggestion too. :happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-29 2:48 PM
AHA! The check engine light was off when I started up the car this morning. :cool: A difference a gas cap will make. :grin:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-30 6:16 AM
That is one reason why you aren't supposed to gas up while the car is running :grin:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-29 7:38 AM
that sounds like a very busy day. But I'd expect nothing less from you : pbbt:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-29 7:27 AM
~National Weather Service saying with 2 days to report this could be the coldest November of all-time. Figures. #teamsummer

~My neck is KILLING ME. I blame sleeping with friggin dogs

~Looks like I'll be able to take 1 week of my vacation before Xmas

~And doing a long weekend next week-going to a coaching convention

~wish all the running paths would melt off. soon

~Doing my best to not be too crabby today haha
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-29 7:34 AM
At least you will get one week:hug: Plan up big so you can use all your vacation next year!

July 4 - Atlanta - Peachtree and beer:cool::cool::wink::wink:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-29 7:36 AM
I feel ya on the neck pain from sleeping (though not with dogs). Chiro is the only thing that helps me.

Yea for vacation time even if it is just sitting at home doing nothing
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-29 8:11 AM
Sitting at home doing nothing sounds like heaven!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-29 7:35 AM
Today is a very Monday-like Thursday. Some freezing rain overnight although roads seemed OK. There was an accident that caused a backup on every major road in the city I drive through so had an extra 15-20 min commute. Elevators at work were out except for the maintenance elevator. I had no desire to walk to the 9th floor so glad this one was working at least.

Got my crown installed yesterday. Apparently I had cracked the temporary one which is why that tooth was really sensitive the last day or two. Taking the old one off hurt even with the numbing so she had to numb me more. The numbing didn't wear off my lip/cheek until sometime after I fell asleep

My shirt is super staticky (how do you spell that??) so I sprayed static spray down my shirt :laugh:

A client is implementing a new program that I will be apparently the main day to day person administering. I just learned about it yesterday afternoon. They're having a meeting with the client about it today to discuss the program and how it will run. I haven't been invited to the meeting. Don't you think the person who will be doing the day to day stuff should be involved and understand what is happening??

B is still sick, didn't seem quite as bad today although he is still gross.

He was supposed to have his 2 year old pictures on Saturday but it got cancelled and it will be too late to reschedule. Probably good since he is sick and he looks awful. He has a drool rash on his face, nose area is gross and he has what looks like a vampire bite on his forehead that refuses to go away 2 weeks later.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-29 12:03 PM
Novacaine!:cool::cool:

Seems def like you should be in the meeting today...

I hope B feels better.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-29 8:17 AM
Went off my happy meds and now regretting it. And of course I'm about to run out and I can't go to an appointment because, well, I can't afford to go. Whatever.

I think I talk too much about money. Sorry.

Been oversleeping alarm or not setting my alarms. So we've missed the bus for almost a month now.:cry: I just don't care.

Been trying to run over my knee but I guess I'm gonna have to stop and chill and do core and leg strengthening before going back. My right knee is consistently swollen and clicking. Thanks torn meniscus.....I can't even straighten my right leg without pain. :roll::meh: Don't even know what happened to it, but it started a month ago with soccer. Whatever. :roll:

Meh. Stupid Elf on the Shelf. :roll: I did come up with a few ideas....

Only thing I'm looking forward to is ******* UNITED PLAYOFF GAME tonight at 7:30. Please don't even say the A word today. The city of A's sports curse is epic.:cry:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-29 9:49 AM
do you think going off meds contributes to the oversleeping or anxiety? Why did you stop them

I really hope I can avoid the Elf stuff :laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-29 12:01 PM
I didn't do it until the kids begged and begged to get one. :roll::roll::roll: But after one year Rip has it figured out. Tj is the only sucker left.

So.....I ran out. and took them irregularly to begin with. :blush: I'm bad with pills. even my synthroid meds. :blush:
And definitely contributes. I found my self OCD cycling last night. But seriously, now I don't have the money. I'm going to have to call the doc and beg for a refill without an appointment until January.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-29 2:50 PM
Maybe you can get a sample pack. It’s worth asking. I had a doctor who used to do that on bcp’s all the time. She’d give me like 3 months worth. :cool:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Trudging along Thursday RTTs