Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / What's Up Wednesday
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-28 8:52 AM
Put 'em up.   What's up?

QOTD:  Are you "afraid of heights?"  Anything you do different to avoid it or compensate for it.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-28 9:24 AM
BIG WIND WEDNESDAY.   WOW.   I was running into the wind and it felt like a bad treadmill.  But how come I did not fly like the wind when it was at my back?  I cut the run short because I forgot to put chap stick on the lips and they felt like they were drying out and ready to fall off and blow away for good.  Sorry Lynda, no more kisses, my lips blew away on the run.     New lame running excuse, "afraid my lips would blow away":laugh:

Shirley came home last night.  Contract ambulance brought her home from hospital.   BUT, they went to the wrong address first.  Imagine a knock on the door and an ambulance there with a little old lady on a stretcher. :shocker!::laugh:

Me and heights are not good.  I seldom go to the edge of high places. I hate ladders over 6 feet.   Yet one of the most pleasurable things I've done was sky diving.  The difference?  When I get near the edge or climb a ladder it is me in control of my body.  I don't trust me.   Sky diving, it's free fall with emphasis on FREE. 

Tom in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:56 AM
Hi Tom and others to follow.

Misha and I made it through the park!  Many thanks to the park district for plowing a path.   While dog walking I scoped out some of the 'snow routes' and came up with 2 miles of dry pavement so I ran it twice.  16*, sunny, no wind.  Good stuff.

Still have to hit the grocery store but then I'm done for today.  :happy::happy:

I'm not afraid of heights, quite a tree-climber as a kid.  We did the touristy thing of going to the top of the Willis Tower in Chicago and stood out on the glass floor to look down.  Not bad at all.  We've been up in the arch in St Louis too.  Now that, you can feel sway, so a little bit worse on my nerves.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-28 12:16 PM
I picture you zipping up the trees putting the boys to shame.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-28 1:02 PM
pretty much.  I was the only girl in the neighborhood.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-28 1:43 PM
We stood on the glass floor in the CN Tower in Toronto.  It was a weird feeling.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:57 AM
I am not overly afraid of heights.  I enjoy walking across the Rainbow Bridge at Niagara Falls that is pretty high up, but I don't get to close to edges without railings.  And I stay away from roofs and ladders, but that is just common sense and not a fear of heights.  I must know a dozen people seriously hurt from falling off ladders.  Why bother messing around like that at my age?  I just pay someone younger and more nimble to do that stuff.

I do have a goal to go tandem sky diving next year. It is always something I have wanted to do.

I will try to reach 10,000 steps today but no workouts planned.  I am working on a project that is super stressing me out.  It is pretty much done but now comes the moment of truth when we run the programs live.  I have this feeling that stuff I didn't think of is going to go wrong.  It's the state of NY's fault.  They require certain types of medical claims to be adjusted when the amount they allow changes retroactively.  We're going to be mass adjusting thousands of claims that are up to a year old.  In some cases, the allowed amount changed by a nickle (up or down.)  We will reverse the claim and then pay it again with the theory being that it will all come out ok in the end.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-28 12:15 PM
I would have gone bonkers in your job decades ago.  I don't know how you deal with all of those directives.

Amd let me know when you are ready to sky dive.   I may come join you.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / What's Up Wednesday