Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Wednesday Dailies
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-28 7:56 AM
Big fail at an interesting topic. :blush: so let's hear about something (anything!) interesting that happened (or will happen) during your workout or day.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-28 9:20 AM
Gusty winds here early today. Always happens on recycle day. Plastics and such blowing down the street. Picked up some stuff that made it to my yard.

Anyway... slacked yesterday in the running department. Might do so again today, but think I will suck it up for a few miles later on the local trail. Lunchtime or after work? Typically less wind in the evening, but I am leaning towards a lunchtime run.

If something interesting happens during my run, I will report back, but I am expecting a rather normal day.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-28 9:58 AM
I'm hoping something interesting happens...
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-11-28 2:26 PM
i like having the light for a lunchtime run at this time of year. it's so dark otherwise.
Parent - - By george [us] Date 2018-11-29 7:05 AM
easy 3 miles on the treadmill. We got a good amount of snow and it was getting dark by the time I was able to run so opted to be safe and stay inside. My 3yo, who claims she is Elsa from Frozen, told me that she made the snow, so if anyone else got hit by that winter storm, you know who to blame!
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-29 8:26 AM
:laugh:
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-28 8:09 AM
Got a blechy meeting at 10.  At least it will be over soon.  I should be making an agenda, but I am making up my 2019 timesheet spreadsheet instead.  I like seeing my vacation/sick time accumulate… :blush: We switched to a time clock program last year, but I’m still keeping this up.  I have every year since 1997, as well as all my leave slips!

Long run completed this morning.  Roughly 15 miles in roughly 2 hours in a windchill in the mid teens.  It felt AMAZING!  Love this time of year, and am so thankful that I can run this time around.  I got in > 20,000 steps before 6:30am.  Does that make me a whacko?  My co-workers are pushing for a drug test.  I’m the ONLY one in the office who hasn’t been tested in 21 years!  They get pulled a few times/year. :laugh:

Somewhat interesting – I believe I was hoodlum suspect this morning.  My double loop has ~ 0.5 mile on the river trail, but it’s still not runnable in the dark, so I run along the edge of a big parking lot behind some old tobacco warehouses.  I cut down the path by the warehouses and was entering the lot, when a police car ZOOMS down the driveway and pulls over to where I am.  At first, I didn’t know it was a cop car, so I stopped along the edge of the trees/brush hoping he wouldn’t see me if it was a sketchy person – probably making me look sketchy.  : pbbt:  Once I realized it was a cop, I kept going and waved and he slowly pulled off…  And speaking of cop cars and related to the Chevy mess… Chevy stopped making the police kit that goes on the Impala a couple of years ago.  So, we now have humungous Tahoe police cars.  And, they aren’t even 4 wheel drive Tahoes!  That’s a great use of $$$ and fuel efficiency.  :roll:
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-28 8:34 AM
I was checking my vacation time last night, and after my next deadline, I seemingly would have to take off every available workday in December to use up my vacation time for 2018 (and then carry over the five days I've been carrying over since I can't remember when). And that doesn't take into account the comp day I earned for working last Sunday. :shocker!:

Whenever I run past a police car idling in a parking lot where I'm looping through, I always wave. Half the time I can't tell if anybody even responds, though. :laugh:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-28 9:23 AM
Wow, great weekday long run!  :cool:

Funny about the policeman and being the sketchy morning runner. I used to run from time to time on the local golf course at night, or even on the trails with a headlamp (most parks here have sunrise to sunset rules) and always feel like a criminal when I do that. Geez, I am just running. I blame my Catholic upbringing.  :laugh:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-28 9:40 AM
do you wear lights on your clothes or shoes? maybe with more reflective stuff you wouldn't look like such a creeper :laugh:
wonder who called you in...
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-28 10:27 AM
I've never worn anything reflective ever :blush: I prefer to be inconspicuous. I mostly run on sidewalks and being a target from a malicious person is far more likely than a car. That being said, I am getting a headlamp for Xmas. Too many dark spots and I'm more worried about tripping and hurting myself.  Nobody called me in, I'm sure. I was about 2 blocks from the police station. This area (and my street) are constantly patrolled by police. A lot of mornings I see more police cars than regular ones. 

Most of the police know me. I've worked upstairs from them for 20+ years/help them out from time to time,  and many years I've done their special Olympics torch run for them. None of them can run that far, so I'll run the 15-25 miles and they get out and jog a couple hundred yards for a few publicity shots :laugh: but there's been a TON of turnover in the last several years.
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2018-11-28 2:18 PM

> None of them can run that far, so I'll run the 15-25 miles and they get out and jog a couple hundred yards for a few publicity shots.

OMG, that is hilarious.

I'll think of you as a hoodlum from now on.  That word has such a ring to it.  :laugh:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-28 5:48 PM
Yeah, and it wasn't the first time. If you recall several years back, I got followed by a police officer for awhile freaking me out. Apparently, stopping to check one's watch by a recently robbed bank ATM wearing a black ski mask at 5am isn't a good idea :blush:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-11-28 6:17 PM
You don't say?  :wtf:  :laugh:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-28 10:30 PM
:laugh:  Noted!
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-11-29 7:04 AM
I once had a clandestine meeting with a NJ State Trooper in a dinner parking lot.  He pulled up in his trooper vehicle and provided me with some papers.

OK, he was a member of our running club and the papers were his entry form information & entry fee to be on one of our club teams in a race...but still :laugh:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:01 AM
that is a great run, but kind of interesting that you were a suspect, I also like the use of the word Hoodlum!
Parent - By essel [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:49 AM
it sounds like great run! I also don't use lamps as I run on the sidewalks. I find that people pay more attention to runners in the morning than in the evening hours. In the winter both cases mean you run in dark.
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-11-28 2:30 PM
i carry a flashlight. I also like to not necessarily be so visible when running. I have visions of hiding too if something freaks me out. Hard to hide when you are wearing screaming reflective yellow! 

nice run!
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-11-28 8:23 AM
I taught spin class this morning & did the usual core, hip & shoulder stuff afterwards.  Email went to all the members yesterday about the 4 month shower demolition/reconstruction project beginning in January.  Not happy campers! :sad:  One of the guys in my class (a friend I've known over 20 years) suggested they should do the showers in the men's & women locker rooms separately, then we could all share the others :laugh:   ...he was just kidding.

Holy wind Batman!  It's blowing like crazy here this morning!
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-28 8:34 AM
People will be happy once the new showers are done!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-28 9:25 AM
Yikes... that's a long time to be without showers at a gym. I think Planet of Fitness managed to get it done in a month or two a few years ago.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:02 AM
I could imagine that would frustrate people, but it will be nice when it is done!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:05 AM
it would be like the Ally McBeal bathrooms. :happy:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-28 10:35 AM
4 months does seem like a long time, but dealing with contractors... It likely will take that long
- - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-28 8:28 AM
No idea what interesting will happen today, but so far this week: On Monday, the head of my department gave notice, which is enormously disappointing as he has had an open door and been a receptive ear recently about some staff tension issues; and yesterday, we learned that my small family-owned company, which has not-so-secretly been on the market for the past four or five years, is actually in play. There apparently are two things happening: one party is interested in purchasing one franchise of the company (the one I'm at, actually), and one party is interested in purchasing the entire company. No idea who either prospective buyer is. If anything is going to happen with either situation, it apparently will happen within the next two to four weeks.

#happyholidayseason

8.21 miles this morning.

I made a hummingbird cake last night, but not the traditional version. This one is coffee-cake style, and it turned out great. Taking it to the meeting I have to attend tonight. Since I still have a few ripe bananas left to bake with, I've been combing my cookbooks looking for interesting banana cakes. A friend is hosting a holiday artisan event this weekend and hit me up for some baked goods to serve, so I suspect the bananas will end up in a cake or something for that.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-28 9:16 AM
UGH. Do you know if the potential buyers will keep the magazines/staff intact? I went through the same thing when I was in publishing, they kept all the magazines and staff and we even got a retention bonus for not jumping ship when we were purchased. Fingers crossed that it turns out well for you! Sorry to hear about the head of your department though, that's tough.

What is a hummingbird cake?
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-28 10:35 AM
No idea what's going on beyond the info we got yesterday, and getting that was, frankly, miraculous. In all the years I've been here, senior management has tended to share *nothing*. Even though it was kind of an open thing that the company has been for sale, senior managers would flat out lie when asked directly what was going on. (What were we supposed to think when groups of suit-clad people with clipboards were walking through, getting info, and sizing things up? :roll:) Bottom line is that at this point, I have no idea what will happen. I'd love to get a retention bonus. :laugh: Although I've stepped up my job hunt in the past week, I don't imagine that I'd be able to jump before something happens here, if it's going to happen.

Hummingbird cake is a Southern thing: a banana cake with pecans, coconut, and pineapple. Traditionally, it's a layer cake with cream cheese frosting, but the one I made is a small square cake with pecans and coarse sugar on top.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:47 PM
the cake so-named because everyone takes a bite and says "mmmmmmm"
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:03 AM
coffee cake style hummingbird cake sounds terrific.

I hope things with the prospective buyer work out for the best-it is such a mess there it seems you will only get improvement
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-28 10:36 AM
The fact that we've been operating on an austerity budget for the past four-plus years makes me think that whatever happens would have to be an improvement.
Parent - By essel [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:51 AM
that's god approach to the news.
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-28 10:36 AM
Which scenario would be preferred? For you that is.

And the big question - what happened to yesterday's banana loaf? I'd be 400 pounds if you lived with us!
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-28 3:07 PM
Mostly gone, thank goodness. Gave it away (not cheat day, so none for me!).
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-11-28 2:16 PM
it has sounded like you've been ready for a change for years. It's so stressful but I hope it works out. The timing sucks and the management's communication about the whole thing is ridiculous (but not a surprise).
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:49 PM
The work situation sounds awful.  Again.  I was concerned when you first mentioned the shit news and have to say I'm relieved it is at least not health-related, at least not yet.  But losing an important source of sanity in a high pressure situation is rotten.
- - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-28 9:12 AM Edited 2018-11-28 9:17 AM
4.25 w/ Benji - lots of folks out this morning. we saw 8 walkers, 5 dogs and 1 runner

mrbarney is finishing painting the mud/laundry room today and will be putting everything away, so that will be pretty cool to come home too.

Also, I didn't die in yoga last night. the original 90 minute class I was going to go to by work got cancelled and replaced by something called Buti yoga which apparently entails bass music and tribal dancing, I had to take a hard pass on that :meh:  so I drove to Allen to their other studio for a 60 minute class instead. which is probably good since I hadn't been in forever! only 9 people maybe in the classroom, but it went well and I plan to hit the 5:30 class tomorrow morning and then Friday after work. I'm definitely not as bendy as I was :laugh:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-28 9:16 AM
Good job on not dying! :laugh:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-28 9:18 AM
thanks, I was pretty pleased about that! Camel pose still made me want to pass out, but since it was a 60 minute class, I only had to feel like that once :laugh:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-28 11:56 AM
camel makes me feel like I'm going to barf!
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-28 9:32 AM
You need to go to at least one Buti yoga class and report back with a detailed report!!!   :laugh:

We used to have Eric1970 around to do that for us in marathons, so you have big shoes to fill.  :happy:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-28 9:58 AM
if I can convince my other yoga friend to go too, then I'll give it a go in a couple of weeks, report may be filled w/ embarrassment! :laugh:
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:04 AM
yay for getting to class! Driving up to Allen during rush hour shows some serious motivation for yoga!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:07 AM
my boss was here yesterday and I just told him "FYI, I have to leave at 4:30 because class is in Allen at 5:30" he thought I should leave earlier, but I made it by 4:50 and then had to sit in the car for awhile because they don't open the studio until 30 minutes before class. The drive home at 6:45 took way longer.
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-28 10:25 AM
Congrats on surviving yoga! You're inspiring me to get back into that groove.
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-28 10:39 AM
Before our studio closed, a gal started Buti! I read the description and was "oh, hell NO!" Tribal dancing and PC do not go together AT ALL! way to get the back-up plan done, through rush hour traffic nonetheless.  You have REALLY not wanted to do Buti either!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-28 3:11 PM
:laugh:  oh, hell NO was also my first thought
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-28 9:20 AM
My flight home from SF was delayed last night. I didn't get home till 4:30am. :cry: But I am working from home today so I got to sleep in and I have conference calls from 11-5 and I will probably be in my pjs all day. : pbbt:

TBD on a workout today. I might hop on my new smart bike trainer in the basement to test it out. DH and I bought them over the weekend as our Christmas gifts to ourselves. Basically they hook up to an app and change the tension on the bike tire to simulate hills, etc., so we aren't just riding under the same tension the whole time. It will be a much better workout and I will be in much better shape to ride outside after this winter than I was last winter!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-28 9:31 AM
Oh geez, you had a long day.  :meh:

Working in pjs though... :priceless:    :grin:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:04 AM
ugh, I hate when that happens with flights.
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-28 10:25 AM
:cry: delayed flight

Sounds like a great Christmas gift!
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-28 10:41 AM
OMG! :cry::cry: I was already out running when you got home from the previous day! I'm so sorry!

OTOH, your Xmas present sounds cool!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-28 11:08 AM
:laugh::laugh: when I walked in the door this morning, I was like, "Almost time to get up!" since I usually get up at 5. : pbbt:
Parent - - By essel [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:53 AM
great Christmas gift, I'm a little jealous...:grin:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-28 11:10 AM
The local bike shop guy threw in 2 gift cards each for a year's subscription to Zwift, the app that pairs with the trainer, a $200 value! So we got a great deal! :grin:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-11-28 6:46 PM
:cool:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-11-28 2:15 PM
oh fun gift! we have just a very old magnetic trainer plus a roller trainer. i've been thinking of upgrading the old magnetic trainer (which seriously, i think i bought in 1997 when we moved from So Cal to Seattle and i couldn't figure out what we'd do with rain and riding! :laugh:)
- - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-11-28 9:24 AM
9km with Molly and my buddy and one of his dogs.....his other dogs running days may be over which is a little sad to say the least.  Quite a month for dogs and their short running lives....and lives in general :hug:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-28 9:33 AM
I hope your friend's dog can still go for hikes and walks.  :hug:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:00 AM
but good lives that they are leading :hug:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:05 AM
that is the hardest thing about having a pet, watching them age.
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-28 10:28 AM
Poor pup! :sad:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-28 10:44 AM
:sad: it's hard watching pets age :sad:
Parent - By essel [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:55 AM
I don't want to hear it! I'm upset when Zeke grows! I want my little puppy!: pbbt:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-28 11:08 AM
:hug:
- - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-28 9:57 AM
interesting that will happen during my day? Ha? No idea! I could stand a boring day though. Working from home perk-I will try to squeeze in straightening up my house between meetings because it is a total mess.

run was bout 7 miles. Kind of slow, but a nice day!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-28 9:59 AM
it was a great morning for a run here :cool:
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-28 10:27 AM
I'm looking forward to some days off in December so that I can work on some housecleaning, that ongoing extravaganza of fun. :roll:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-28 10:46 AM
:laugh: yes... My use or lose days usually involve some sort of weird cleaning. Such an exciting life!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-28 11:10 AM
Yay for a nice day!
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-11-28 2:11 PM
has anything with the bus situation been resolved since you were gone?
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-28 2:55 PM
No. And it really is stressing me out. N still takes the bus every morning and three afternoons. A lot of other parents have pulled their kids from the bus, but they have more flexibility with timing than I do.
It makes me feel like a bad parent that I am letting her go on a bus situation that I don't feel great about. I could drive her in the mornings, but I think the mornings are fine. I pick her up two days a week and really can't push it to every day with my job(I work for a west coast company and would need to leave at 3:40 to pick her up), my babysitter could do it but I have to train her. After care is difficult due to distance. If I am done at 5 and she takes the bus she is basically home when I am done. If I drove to pick her up at the height of rush hour she wouldn't get home until after 6.

I also feel like the driver takes special care of her. She always has her sit at the front of the bus, so she is far from the wildest kids.

I don't know what to do. :sad:
- - By essel [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:59 AM
3 mile run this am, cold. I may need to pull out hat and gloves. Still shorts though! Later I plan to lift.

Interesting thing, not too much, still waiting for the offer and applying for job in Bay Area. A lot of start ups so that's exciting!  I'm going to REI during lunch to pick up a fleece jacket I bought on sale. I love that store.

Happy Wednesday everyone! :grin:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-28 11:10 AM
Love REI! Try not to spend too much : pbbt:
Parent - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-11-28 2:10 PM
that store is dangerous.  :grin:
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-28 2:59 PM
I love REI! Have fun, don't spend too much $$$ (that would be my problem)
Parent - - By essel [us] Date 2018-11-28 3:19 PM
got back with $$$ left in my wallet : pbbt: yay!
Parent - - By SRoo Date 2018-11-28 6:18 PM
:shocker!:  Were they closed?
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-11-28 10:50 PM
:laugh:
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-28 11:58 AM
5 miles with my husband :hug:

Yesterday I was in tights, today shorts and long sleeve... by this weekend, probably shorts and a tank. :laugh:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-28 1:51 PM
there is no rhyme or reason to what to wear this week! :laugh:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-28 2:59 PM
same yesterday and today. Weather is crazy this week, but it is nice today!
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-11-28 6:19 PM
:sad:  I won't be seen outside in shorts and a tank for 6 months.
- - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-28 12:17 PM
Ended up with 8.5 last night. It was a good run. Blustery today, but low 30's. Thinking 4 or 5 after work.

Kitties had their yearly vet appointment. McDuff really is a fatty pumpkin--15.5 pounds :shocker!::laugh:. The vet doesn't seem concerned because he is a big cat--very long and tall. Last time I bought food though, I got "weight management" food. I've already cut down on treats. I'd like to see him lose a couple pounds. Blood work showed he doesn't have any issues going on. :hug:

Grady (she's 12 now) may have a thyroid issue. I have noticed she's been drinking more and the weight check indicated she lost almost a pound. She's a small cat as it is and is only 7.5 pounds now. She's very active and playful. Anyway, he felt the gland may be a bit enlarged. Waiting to hear on the blood work. It's treatable and may explain her weight loss and increased thirst. :hug:

Gotta figure out a way to put some weight on Grady while slimming down the pumpkin.
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-28 1:51 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-11-28 2:09 PM
that is a big cat! we used to have one that was that size just because big not because he was overweight. We were happy that he wasn't too much of a lap cat because he didn't fit!  :laugh:

we have always had one cat who requires separate feeding for some reason or another.  They get fed in different rooms with the door closed. There is never any food down for them to eat at will.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-28 3:11 PM
Yeah. I've always left some dry food down. As I mentioned, he's not considered obese, but I don't want him to gain any more. I have been leaving the bowls empty at night. Grady's weight loss is likley due to hyperthyroidism so the meds should get that under control so she can gain some weight.

McDuff still sits on my lap :laugh: He's a big lug :hug:
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-28 3:00 PM
we went through that with our two cats a few years ago--older female who got very thin and our 19 lb big guy. We incorporated wet food for her, which he didn't really like. I know that isn't typical though.
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-28 3:08 PM
It turns out she does have a thyroid issue, so that is likely the reason for the weight loss. Hopefully the med will get things under control and she will gain some back.
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-28 3:12 PM
that worked w my kitty for about 18 months. She made it to 18 years :hug:I miss her. Losing two cats in two years sucked for me.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-28 3:15 PM
:hug::hug: Grady is 12. I can't even think about possibly losing her.

Sorry about your kitties :hug:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-28 3:19 PM
:hug::hug:
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-28 3:26 PM
We had to take our cat to the vet this year after years of not going to the vet. (He's strictly an indoor cat and hates the car, the vet, other cats, other animals, many people, etc.) Although he's 18 or 19, he's apparently in really good health. The one thing I notice about him these days is that he sleeps a lot -- that's about the only age-related thing he's showing. (Oh, and he snores. That's actually hilarious.)
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-28 8:15 PM
That's great! Hope mine make it to that age :hug:
- - By PuddleThumper Date 2018-11-28 2:06 PM
the most interesting thing about today at work is that i have to keep leaving for appointments and that was after scheduling yesterday as a day off. :blush::roll::grin:

I was part time (around 32 hours) for about six months a at some point last year. I was doing that to help my mom get easily to errands or appointments. So it had been a loooong time since i'd been able to do that and I decided to schedule a random day off here and there for her. We went to the pool, then to lunch and then to the dollar store, goodwill and safeway (her choices! :laugh:). She was most appreciative and exhausted by the time we were done! note to self: maybe only 2 errands at the most. She tires easily. :hug: anyway it a very nice day and i'm glad i can do this. and I evidently missed some big fire alarm at work because i'm the main person who understands our conferencing software. Why is that? because i am the only person who has made sure to test and understand how it works.  :roll:

today was a day off as i needed to be in early for a dental appointment (just a quick cleaning) and will need to leave early for an MRI on my hip. I have never had anything besides an xray so this is a new step into the medical world. :meh: But i am looking forward to hearing what they find!
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-28 3:01 PM
good luck with the MRI. They don't bother me but I know some people really hate them.

annoying about work, but someone else should know the software!
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-28 4:03 PM
You're a busy mom. MRIs are awesome for such people. I had my first when the kids were pre-school age or so. I was like "you want me to lie still for 45 min with nothing to do and nobody to bother me?!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!" :laugh: of course, it was just a running injury. Something serious would obviously be more stressful
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-28 3:13 PM
Hope all goes well with the mri.
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-28 3:23 PM
Good luck with the MRI! :hug:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-28 3:27 PM
If you aren't claustrophobic, MRIs can be relaxing. Good luck!
Parent - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2018-11-28 3:33 PM
Hope the MRI gives you the information you and your doctors need.
- - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2018-11-28 3:24 PM
11 miles on my new favorite gravel road, CR 57.

A man in a brown van slowed as he drove past, rolled down his window and asked,
"isn't it kind of cold to be doing that?"

I admitted that it was difficult to get out the door,
but now that I was out there, it wasn't too bad.

He smiled as he drove away.

That's about as good as it got for me today. :happy:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-28 3:31 PM
:happy:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-28 4:51 PM
:happy:
- By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-11-28 6:17 PM
It's been a busy yet uneventful day.  I got myself out in a light rain and had a short run that was finally a little faster than what I had been clocking lately -- no idea why, but I'll take it.  I overdressed again, but didn't regret it.  It was the first time I'd worn that water resistant jacket since that fateful day in Boston earlier this year.  Ah, memories....:grin:
- By SRoo Date 2018-11-28 6:55 PM
I swam at noon!  I had to trudge across the frozen tundra in the wind and snow (uphill both ways), but I made it to the pool.  Otherwise work was...work.  Huh.  Go figure.
- By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-11-28 6:59 PM
5.2 miles in my new Nike Odyssey React. I’ve been wanting to try one of the React shoes for a while and they were on sale so I pulled the trigger, chief. I know that it’s early to say this but... I might be a Nike man again. :cool:
- By coleman Date 2018-11-28 9:31 PM Edited 2018-11-28 9:34 PM
Got my standard 3 miler in at lunch (in between rain patches), been doing fast walks for about year everyday at lunch (I'm down to sub 14), this has been very helpful to get me back into fitness shape and begin something of a running routine. I've really gotten into going up trails that become too steep to run (I call that hiking).  The new campus has an awesome running/walking path around the ring :cool: 

I've closed my rings for the past 150 days, it's become an obsession :wink: (Apple Watch reference)
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Wednesday Dailies