Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies Blew In
- - By judyruns Date 2018-11-27 7:22 AM
With the wind came a rain and snow mix that froze over everything.
Post.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-11-27 7:23 AM
Monday I started my running on the TM in complete regalia, then went out into the park. It was a good 50 minute run and I was glad I missed the extra windiness that came on later on. Grocery shop after that then DC and I did another 3 hours of volunteer work at the library.
Today I’ll run at home. It's really icy out there.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:30 AM
Yuck, ice is the worst. Good idea to stay inside.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-11-27 5:25 PM
Do you have yaktraxs for the ice?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-11-27 7:56 PM
No, I've never tried them. Have you tried them? I'd have to get the ones that are velcro'd on.
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-11-27 7:39 AM
It is cold and windy out today. :grin:  No snow, though.  I had a pretty good 5-mile run.  I have been sleeping a lot better the past couple of weeks and I really think a lot of it is related to cooler temperatures.  I sleep a lot better when it's cold. :blush:
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:29 AM
yay for better sleep, cooler temps, and a good run. I am also enjoying the fall/winter temps.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-11-27 12:35 PM
Excellent job on the 5 miler. Yes, I sleep better in the cold as well.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-11-27 5:24 PM
Cooler weather is so much nicer than the heat.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:28 AM
hi everyone! just thought I'd check in. Life is crazy with a 2 year old and a 7 week old, surprise surprise. I returned to classes three weeks ago (I'm a PhD student), and am scrambling desperately to catch up, while also trying to adjust (and help everyone else adjust) to this new reality of life with 2 children. And there's all the fun of newborn sleep deprivation to add to the mix.

But I'm trying to get back into running. 3.75 miles on the TM yesterday, in 45 min (walk-run combo), and 3 miles today in just under 36 min. Trying to keep up with core work too, but of course that's always the first thing to fall by the wayside :meh:. Anyway, hopefully I'll be checking in more frequently, but I am totally swamped with work and life so who knows.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-11-27 12:37 PM
Great work on the running. Indeed, you have a LOT on your plate, Missy! Be kind to yourself.:hug: Best of luck with the PhD. :happy:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-11-27 5:24 PM
You must be so busy with everything. Core work drops for me too when things are hectic. Hopefully the baby will start sleeping better.:hug:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-11-27 5:22 PM
I did another run/walk. My distance is very short right now, but i will build up. Wednesdays I leave the house too early and I have a long day, so that will be my SDO day. My body is cooperating, which is good. I've been busy with work and life and did not put my decorations up yet. I usually do it the day after Thanksgiving, but I was working and then went shopping. My tree goes up later in December since we get a real one. I like the holiday decorations, so I need to get them up.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-11-27 7:58 PM
Great work on the run/walks! Easy does it. That works best for me, not doing too much too fast on the injury/hurt. :hug:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Tuesdailies Blew In